View Other Details
* Accommodations at oceanfront guest house with breakfast
* Performances by traditional groups
* Financial Contribution made on your behalf to schools and teachers
* Many exciting and fun opportunities to socialize with Ghanaians
* Optional: Dinner (home cooked meals) at the cultural center/guest house for 7 days: USD 70.00
* We will provide a list of restaurants in the neighborhood for those wishing to eat out-meals average 5-10 USD each
Teach in a primary or secondary school tutoring in English, math, or any other subject agreed to ahead of time. Most classrooms have too many students and your assistance highly valued. If you have a special talent to share there are people who would like to learn from you: playing an instrument, singing, etc.
Volunteers can build bonds and relationships with children and their families in the local community by supporting a children's home in a suburb or Accra. Besides that, volunteers have the option to also work in primary and secondary schools teaching English, Science, Math, and more.
United Planet Service Scholarships
Several scholarships are available for those looking to volunteer for a short or long-term period abroad with the non-profit organization United Planet, who work with communities in over 35 countries around the world.