Volunteer in Ghana with Village Volunteers

Volunteer in Ghana with Village Volunteers

Join Village Volunteers on a program in Ghana. Village Volunteers is committed to providing you with a safe and meaningful volunteer experience abroad. Your experience is geared to your interests, and is customized to the last detail, from your travel schedule and village destination to the projects with which you wish to be involved.

Those interested in participating in the Volunteer Program complete an application process, and upon acceptance, we work with you to find a perfect placement .

Our Volunteer Program is the result of collaborations between Village Volunteers and our in-country partner organizations. There are opportunities for all volunteers whether you are a passionate young adult or an experienced working professional. Projects include teaching in schools, assisting at an orphanage, working in public health clinics teaching or hands-on, helping with building and agricultural projects, or providing entrepreneurial training.

Village Volunteer

Africa » Ghana » Accra
Africa » Ghana
Guesthouse

Sierra
Utah
Dixie State College

Learned so much about myself and life.

i would recommend this program.it really made in impact on my life, and i felt like i became really close with the children and made such a life long bond with them. It can be really difficult teaching the children in the school,but i learned so much from them and about my self.

knowing more information about the program before i go into it. and being given more assignments and projects to do while i was out there.

kariqpie
Chicago, IL
Purdue Polytechnic Institute- Richmond

Physical Therapy in Kpando

Village volunteers handled my logistics so I could provide physical therapy services to children at the community inclusive special school and Marquart Catholic hospital. Along with that I helped train a local to act as a PT once I left. VV placed me with a great host family. They handled all my meals and ensured I always had enough water for bucket showers and daily hygiene. The family became my 2nd family. Not only did I get to provide PT services and teach local community members, but I got to completely immerse myself in another culture. I learned what life is like in a developing countryby experiencing it firsthand. I attended a funeral, cooked with the women, did my wash by hand, shopped in the market, bucket showered, and experienced life without western luxuries. It wasn't easy, but it was one of the most fulfilling things I've ever done. I learned that it's about who we surround ourselves with and not the material things that truly make a person happy. I think I helped a few people too by helping them recover from illness and injury by providing PT.

Village Volunteers (VV) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that works in partnership with rural village and capacity-building programs to support the development of sustainable solutions for community survival, education, and thoughtful growth.

Rather than hindering growth by creating a dependency on outside management, the Village