View Other Details
Living expenses (shared accommodation, all meals, wi-fi)
Use of equipment & research boats
Transport for working purposes
Greek language lessons
Students and recent graduates are advised to explore possible funding through their universities, by getting in touch with the Finance / International Relations / Placement/ Erasmus+ Offices at their Universities or other relevant grant providing organizations in their region.
*Travelling costs are NOT included and are covered by the participant.
The Archipelagos bird research team collects avian data related to marine habitats and threatened wetland habitats in and around Samos island, as well as other eastern Aegean islands. This information is gathered with the purpose of improving site protection and ecological status of these areas, as well as for contributing to educational and public awareness projects. Project activities include:
• Collecting data on bird population through standardised point count methods and transect surveys on the islands as well as through boat-based surveys
• Analysing migratory and non-migratory bird populations throughout the year
• Studying nesting behaviour with the use of camera traps
• Caring for injured birds before releasing them back into the wild
• Providing the education and the media teams with information on local and regional birds and their habitats