Volunteer Trip: Volunteer in Honduras!

Volunteer Trip: Volunteer in Honduras!

Volunteer on the Caribbean coast of Honduras in the culturally diverse city of La Ceiba! In addition to volunteering, enjoy scuba & snorkel, hike the mountains, white-water raft, and relax at the beaches! Choose from one of our volunteer programs below:

Teaching - You will teach English at a school lacking resources and in dire need.

Orphanage & Childcare - At the orphanage, you assist in educational activities, games, facility upkeep and meals for the children. In the daycare center, you will care for the needs of the little ones!

Social Welfare - You will volunteer in a special needs school, assist local staff, and work individually with the kids!

Healthcare - Work in a public hospital and walk-in clinic as a dental, nursing, or medical volunteer. Experience third-world healthcare.

HIV AIDS Awareness - Volunteer alongside nurses in the public hospital to educate patients on prevention, transmission, and management.

North America » Honduras » La Ceiba

Katelyn
Honduras
Hamline University

Honduran Time

My experience in Honduras is one I will never forget! A typical day in Honduras started at the Atlantida Hospital. I spent the morning working with patients in the emergency room, recovery wing, and maternity wing. The doctors and staff mostly spoke Spanish but there were a select few that were bilingual. Working in the hospital helped work on my Spanish speaking skills. In the afternoon, I went to Spanish lessons. I spent four hours a day working on vocabulary and grammar. My teacher would sometimes take us to the market to learn about the Honduran culture and also work on my speaking skills. After school I would head home to spend the evening with my host family. We usually ate dinner together and then relaxed enjoying the warm weather.
My favorite part of the trip was my trip to Cayos Cochinos. I spent the day snorkeling and sight seeing. The islands were beautiful. We spent time with the native people to the islands and toured their homes. Everyone was so welcoming. It was definitely the highlight of my trip.

My trip was very eventful and a lot of transportation was needed because I did not live close enough to walk to the school and the hospital. I wish I could have lived closer to my school and hospital so that I could have walked more and saved some time and money. We had our own taxi driver that drove us to the places we needed to go but it would have be better if we could have walked.

Katherine
Hamline University

Amazing Opportunity!

This was an absolute amazing opportunity that I would recommend to anyone! Our host family was so caring and fun while the school we were at was also well organized with such fun programs. I learned so much about the culture and people in just three weeks. I wish I could have stayed longer, I can't wait to go back :)

Volunteer Trip offers affordable volunteer programs in Central and South America. We partner with in-country organizations to support on-going community projects. Our volunteers work in hospitals, clinics, schools, welfare agencies, orphanages, construction sites, farms, and animal rescue centers. Volunteers are immersed in the local culture