COVID-19 Program Updates
Due to global health & safety concerns and travel restrictions related to the coronavirus, A Broader View Volunteers Corp has decided to pause some of their upcoming programs temporarily and may be offering flexible booking options as well. Learn more about COVID-19 updates to stay tuned regarding program information.
In La Ceiba there is a growing need for native English speakers to help students become a part of the growing hospitality industry. Volunteers teach English to children and young people attending primary and secondary schools in La Ceiba and its surrounding areas. These areas are very poor, and the schools lack native English-speaking volunteers. In this program, volunteers will help children learn the correct use of English words and master English grammar. A typical class averages about 30 students.
The Honduran culture is a blend of Latin America and a multi-ethnic blend of Mestizo, Amerindian, Black and Caucasian. This mix of people influences all aspects of the culture each bringing a unique blend to society. Our volunteer projects allow you to support the local children, at orphanages and primary schools, and work in a local hospital, HIV clinic or both.
- ABV’s Honduras program is available year-round, you can start any day of the week
- Highly affordable program fees US NonProfit Organization - Program rates are tax deductible and you can fundraise
- You’ll be joining volunteers from all over the World Safe, friendly placements and accommodations
- You’ll be traveling with ABV, the volunteer travel experts, and joining a network of thousands volunteers. Our outstanding safety systems and track record set us apart, we are the world’s safest organization
- Your efforts will have a positive impact because our programs are community-driven with a focus on supporting long-term local needs
ABV programs are based in the coastal city of La Ceiba. Volunteer support has made dramatic improvements in the lives of the local people by providing adequate medical and dental services, upgrading the ambulance rescue services, and providing thousands of dollars in medical donations to the regional hospital. With ABV support the medical and social welfare projects are reaching thousands of locals.