Volunteer Abroad - Volunteer in India

Active Internationals offers volunteering program in Rural & Semi-Urban parts of India, where participants work with communities, government schools, daycare centers, non-government organizations, and Animal Rescue centres in providing development opportunities to local beneficiaries. While on the program, volunteers can explore the city, travel around India, and learn more about Indian culture, like dance, cooking, henna, and Yoga. Also include travel opportunities to distinct places in India like Taj Mahal in Agra, Himalayas in Dharamshala, Beaches in Goa, Backwaters in Kerala, Camels in Pushkar.

While the program one can explore the city, travel around India and can learn a lot of traits of Indian origin like dance, cooking, henna and lot of culture exchange workshops

Julian

Volunteer during Indian summer

India came as a shock when I first arrived in New Delhi. The city is over populated and at once, I felt like lost. My program with Active Internationals began on March 03, 2015 in Jaipur with a day long orientation before I start my program. That is when I felt safe and confident about India with other volunteers & support staff.

21 days at women empowerment project has been an eye opener for me on the condition of women in India. I can be only glad that I went & offered all I could. I am going back again in August with my boy friend to continue the project work & hope I see some change this time.

My organisation was very supportive & you can imagine it from the fact that I had never complaint about anything. My project executive 'Radha' was an beautiful girl. She was young but knew the right way of working at a project.

I wanted to stay with my boyfriend but the rooms were specific to gender so I had to share room with other girl. Though, I had fun but I missed my love.
Megan

We made a badminton court

I am happy to leave a review for Active Internationals, who were my volunteer programme organizer in India.

Last month me and my sister Liz visited India for a a four week volunteering programme with Active. We are so happy to have booked our programme through them. We opted for teaching and construction activities for the span of 20 days of working.

Liz is more of an outdoor person and plays several games. I was more inclined towards teaching.
We taught basic math, English and Geography to the kids and taught them a lot of crafts, songs and poems. Towards they end of the program we also kept a small play, which we were practicing with the kids all along the teaching.

But the fun part was making the badminton court. The schools playground was not big enough to have any other organised outdoor sport. However, it was an apt place to make a court.

Our coordinator at Active - Vaibhav, came up with the idea of leveling the ground and making markings using bricks. We then went to an steel smith and ordered two poles with pulleys welded above. As we dug the holes for planting the poles we made our concrete mixture and installed the poles perfectly straight. All the kids and the teachers were so excited. They also helped us throughout the project.

All credits to the teamwork.

For the last week we brought four racquets and shuttle cocks and started teaching the kids. Some kids picked the game really fast. It was such an overwhelming experience for us and we were elated.

We will come back and do something more.

More volunteers can come and create even bigger possibilities.

We would love to see more volunteers going to such programmes.
Malyshka

Volunteer in India only with these guys

Hi,

I am Malyshka originally from Serbia, but living in USA for the last 8 years.
I have been actively involved in volunteering at many places.
My recent volunteer experience was in Ghana, but I was comparing it with my experience last year with Active Internationals in Rural Rajasthan.

From the day one it became a benchmark in my mind.
I was part of the girl education project at the holy town of Pushkar, which was an amazing experience in itself. Unlike other volunteers who stayed there for 4 weeks, I was in Pushkar for 9 weeks. Well, I originally booked for 6 weeks but extended it to 9 weeks just because the way I was engrossed int it and the type of support I was getting.

There was no moment where I got bored and no place where I could see any shortage of effort from the team. This was much fulfilling than anything else, since people promise a lot but never deliver.

I hope other organizations also raise their standards.

Closing with a lot of love and best wishes.

They should market it strongly to get more volunteers. The projects need more volunteers.
Victoria

Volunteer in INDIA!!!

The feeling of helping a community was something I always wanted to experience & after reviewing Active Internationals with my who have travelled to India on their programs, I decided to finally go for it.

I felt like an extra ordinary person who is helping the community understanding hygiene, teaching women, playing with kids & finally travelled for 20 days to Himalayas, Nepal & South India with other volunteers on a super exciting cultural exchange program by them.

Loved everything about it. You are doing it by heart Active Internationals & you will see me very soon as your regular volunteers.

Love from England.
VB

Wish they could make me stay for more time but my Visa had a limited validity :(
Judy

I am GLAD, I CAME

My journey to India was one of the most amazing things I have done in life. Booked my Volunteer Programs to help the local women with education & later I travelled to like 7 States of India including 9 cities in a program called 'INDIA 360'.

I am happy with everything about Active Internationals on how they managed my program & supported me when I needed it (Felt ill in Dharamshala, caught cold)

If you are planning to visit India & looking for an organization which maintain transparency without any hidden costs, go with Active Internationals!!!!

Merci beaucoup!

I wish I had some reading material (Novels, books, magazines) in my room to read during free time =)
Judy

You are Inspiration to many

This is my 3rd review of the day on my visit to India this February and I am going to make it long as it has to be special!

24 effective days in India where I chose to volunteer at Elephant Village with Active Internationals (They are working there even before it existed). After a week of volunteer work, I realized that the volunteers from different organization were keen to see what was I doing out there & after discussion, we got to know that they were told that they would volunteer at the village but no one provided them any information on what to be done, whom to meet, what to talk and things like that and eventually they became a part of my group. That is when I realized how important it is to come to India through a credible organization and Active Internationals made me proud enough that I have now left my job and planning to move to India for a Job (Again through Active Internationals)

It is important that the intention of the host organization is to facilitate you and not just earn money out of you.

IT DOES NOT NEED ANY CHANGE. People make good organizations and each one working at Active International is more helpful than you could think of.
Fernanda

A trip that Transformed me

Was a tough call to visit India over other places that I wanted to visit. But ultimately, I end up getting myself transformed. People, Places, Food, Culture, History, Projects, Animals, everything had a positive impact on me & I think, today, I am a much better person that I was.

Kudos to your efforts "Active Internationals". Your support was more than once could ask for.

Love & light

I wish, I could stay for some more time in India. Nevertheless, I will be back in 2015 with my sister.
Cheryl

OUT OF THE BOX PROGRAM

Think of anything & Active Internationals make it happen for you across India. A professional bunch of young people who understand what it takes to make someone comfortable away from home. I never felt that I was not in Finland (My home country).

Taking care of Elephants
Teaching the wives of Elephant keepers
Helping them cook their meals
Lot of workshops & Presentations
Unique Walking tours by Vedic Walks (AMAZING)
Lot of new friends from different parts of the world

I completely felt like an 'Active International' who is on a tour to meet every kind of person on this earth & I truly met them.

I Volunteered in Jaipur, Pushkar & Himalayas & travelled to 8 different states & 12 cities of India

Thank you for all your efforts & making my Gap-year worth while. See you soon XoX

I think it will be a good idea for volunteers to have water bottles all the time as it was bit hot & I felt thirsty every 10 minutes.
Georgia

Most beautiful month of Life

We were a groups of 6 people (5 girls & a guy) from Columbia, U.S. It was an incredibly amazing month of my life with Active Internationals. Spent about 30 days in India. While volunteering for a deprived community centre in Jaipur, I honestly never got myself so satisfied ever before in life. Teaching little kids and helping the ladies in constructing their houses was the best thing I could ask for.

During our stay, we travelled to Agra, Udaipur & Goa. Special thanks to Kuldeep for being the best guide through-out our program. He was humble, Very good in English, "A YOGA MASTER" & a dear friend.

Not even once did we think that the organization has compromised with our safety. We travelled in clean & good vehicles, stayed at decent accommodation & I fell in love with India Food (Thanks to Sushma - our cook).

For anyone willing to visit India, It is my personal recommendation to participate in Active Internationals programs.

It was super the way it was. We got more than what we thought about India.
Eva

Kudos to the initiative

Two years back I volunteered in India with some other organization, and felt that my efforts were not used to the full.

A friend of mine introduced me to Active Internationals and I came to them this year. The most professional Indian organization I have seen.
All things were well planned and had a long term goal.

My stay was fun filled and made a lot of friends from all over the world. The projects looked great and the local support was overwhelming.

I will come back and bring my friends along too.

I love India just because of you guys.....

They have to just offer more locations in India and they will rule.
Ronan

Amazing volunteer experience

Hi,
I would thank Active Internationals for thinking different from others. They stressed more on the sustainability of the project than just bringing Volunteers in from different countries.
Great work by these people. They kept all of us engaged, active and comfortable. The best part of the service was - being cared yet not being pampered like little kids.
The fun activities were absolute fun, and I picked a lot of Hindi.
Food was just out of the world.

Thank you Active Internationals -- there is brigth future for you.

I explored only one dimension of it. So cannot comment much on it. Yet a few suggestions - Make us work more in the project.

About Active Internationals, India

Connecting Youth of the world through our volunteering, Internship, Social change & Adventure Travel programs. A decade of offering cultural immersion,memories, friendships & experiential travel programs in India. Aiming at not being the biggest but...