Teaching Slum Kids in Jaipur, India

Teaching Slum Kids in Jaipur, India

We are one of the emerging organizations helping kids of slums to get basic education. This project is for those kids who are from very poor financial back ground and their parents are not able to send them for quality education in school because of poor financial condition.

Our volunteers play a crucial role by taking part in this "Slum Teaching project" and can help in giving one on one attention to the children for their personal growth. The name of our NGO that is working on the education of kids is "Saksham - Center For Child Education & Women Empowerment".The Slum Teaching project focuses on providing these children with a basic education and new opportunities that they would otherwise be deprived of. This project is very praised among the slum kids and their partent, Volunteer work consists of taking basic lessons in classrooms within the slums, playing games with the children after class, providing one-on-one support, and introducing the children to activities

Asia » India » Jaipur
Asia » India
1 Year+
If you are coming just for visit then its free of cost.. and if volunteers are staying then we just take very nominal charge for food, accommodation & yes we have our own accommodation where we serve you the tasty Indian food where you'll get a chance to experience the culture of India.

Robert
allepey

great project

i had the chance to visit the project in june 2015. after traveling extensively in india i was very happy to see that someone's trying to empower the women in the country. them playing a more active role in society would be key factor in improving the overall not so good situation of india. the women i've met in the project appeared to be very keen and happy to be out of their normal environment and to learn new skills, which could contribute to more self esteem and - in longer terms - encourage them to have proper jobs which leads eventually to a change of the indian society, e.g. a slower growth of the population, which would be beneficial for all.

the program lacks the funding. everything else is pretty awesome.

Andrew
Moscow, Russia

Extremally necessary initiative

India is a country in which the problems of poverty, child education are very serious. In the slums of the Indian cities, many people are only concerned with the problem of survival. And even the elementary education is a luxury for them.

The initiative, launched by Nitin, to give a chance for children, adolescents and women from very poor districts of Jaipur to develop their knowledge that will make possible for them to be more actively in life of society. They can learn the basics of the English language, and if they will desire they also can get additional knowledge. The children also learn about the basics of hygiene, receive the most necessary knowledge about the world around them.

Nitin is very kind and responsible person. He do one's best that the program has worked, so it can be more useful to people who need it. This project is his personal initiative. He do that program in all sincerity.

I got a great experience by taking part in this initiative. The huge thanks to Nitin and his family for the such amazing ability!

I will never forget the emotion and the eyes of boys and girls as well as adult women who literally to return to life on these sessions. For them is the window to the world. And for some of them perhaps is the only big ray of light in their lives.

I think that possible to improve this program if more people will be involved in this project. And if Nitin will have more financial possibilities, I'm sure he will bring this initiative to the next level. And then this project will benefit to a greater extent and will be useful to more people. Of course, this humanistic initiative needs to the fullest possible support

Rytis
Vilnius, Lithuania
University of Birmingham

Amazing experience

Never did I expected to meet such a warm hearted, open minded and charismatic person as Nitin.

He is simply the most amazing person I had fortune running in to.

Nitin and his lovely family welcomed us to their Home, shared their food with us, cared for us through our stay. We really felt as part of his family.

We have visited NGO, meet all the kids and women that Nitin so deeply cares about. I could see it all in their eyes – the unconditional love, gratefulness, respect and Hope that his tireless effort generates. We played together, learned together – we’ve bonded. Our lives and emotions intertwined … even if it was just for a moment.

This experience has left a deep mark in my soul. And I will carry it with me for as long as I can.

Whole experience was most incredible and I’m finding it extremely difficult to express it all in to words.

Nothing was more difficult than to say our goodbyes. I will miss Nitin, his beautiful family, everyone from NGO. And I will definitely come back to visit and help out any way I can!

With more help and financial support from his government Nitin could do so many amazing things for those in need. His has a dream, he has passion and most importantly – he sincerely loves and believes in what he does. All he needs is a support.

Jack
London, United Kingdom
University of Manchester

A

Nitin is performing a really important service for some of the most vulnerable members of his community. He is teaching slum children and empowering women, and it's great to see.

It was an absolute pleasure spending time with Nitin, the women he teaches, and the slum children in Jaipur. These are very friendly people, and they are eager to learn.

It was a privilege to be a part of it and I would recommend this experience to anybody.

The main issue is ultimately funding. Nitin is doing everything he can with what he has, so really now all the program needs is wider recognition and funding.

Roberta
United Kingdom

AN EXPERIENCE NOT TO BE MISSED

I first met Nitan through the link on couch surfing and decided that I wanted to have the chance to go and meet the kids and the women of the ngo he created.

I spend a week with them, played with kids, collected them from their houses before class, laughed with them and rewarded them for their best draws. It was just amazing to be there and to see them smiling and happy and more then anything, eager to learn and increase their knowledge. With the women I had the pleasure to share some amazing time, and after hearing their stories I decided to teach them how to give love to themselves through the channeling of Reiki and self healing. It was just so heart warming to see them practicing on themselves and to hear the feedback from them afterwards. I will definitely recommend to anyone who comes to jaipur to come and meet those souls and to spend time with them, to know them as it will surely be an amazing experience!

I think Nitan is doing already a great job and I also know that he has a bigger dream and project to develop, which it will take to education even more kids and women, so what I'm saying is the improvement in the funding. In the growth. In spreading this message on large scale and more advertising! Best vibrations for u, dear friend!

Pierre
Paris

Change their world

If you have the chance to come in Jaipur you should absolutely go there, you will teach a lot, you will learn a lot. It was more than a pleasure, it was an honor. In that way, you can help them to change their future and give them more chance of success.

Puneet
India

appreciable initiative

I've been here last week, it was a wonderful experience.. I'm overwhelmed to see the efforts made by volunteers & Mr. Sharma, for the deprived slum kids of Jaipur.
though it's hard to persuade them specially the elders to spare time for education, but the fun learning & motivation by these people have resulted in good strength.
guys keep on the spirit...

this efforts should be publicize by social media, news paper & radio so more people may participate and make this initiative large.

We introduce ourselves as one of the emerging Volunteering, Gap Year, Internship and Travel Organization.
Saksham & Explore Incredible Culture (Exincu) offers the bespoke programs for Gap Year, Travel ,Volunteering, internship, Student Exchange Program. We have our presence in India with our Headquarters located at