• India

Program Details

Summer Year Round
Guesthouse Hotel
Groups
Small Group (1-15) Medium Group (16-30)

Pricing

$1,975 USD
At this writing, the cost for our India program is $1,975 per person. This excludes airfare but includes all in-country transportation including airport transfers, accommodations, sightseeing excursions, and a majority of meals during the clinic. Volunteers often fundraise the entire cost of their participation; all donations toward your volunteer time are tax deductible. Please contact our office (info@globaldentalrelief.org) for help with fundraising.
What's Included
Accommodation Airport Transfers Equipment Some Activities Some Meals Transportation
What's Not Included
Airfare Some Activities Some Meals Travel Insurance Visa
Jul 03, 2019
Oct 10, 2014

You don't have to be a dentist to volunteer!

Our India clinic will take you to the far-Northern town of Leh, a multicultural mountain community at 11,562 ft., home to a vibrant Tibetan refugee population. You'll help provide quality dental care and hygiene education to over 500 kids in a single week, thanks to our pioneering model of care. You'll also visit Tibetan Buddhist monasteries and enjoy the gorgeous natural surroundings on bikes, hiking or even white water rafting.

Kimberly

Volunteer Dental Assistant

This trip had a huge impact on me spiritually and socially. I truly connected with the culture of Ladakh and had culture shock when I got back to the US! It was such an amazing experience to see how the kids we served benefitted from us being there. I am so proud to have been a part of this and work with such a great organization. I pray to do so again in the future :)

I volunteered through a partnering company and not straight through GDR so I am not sure of the cost with GDR but I would make it more affordable for volunteers to be able to go more frequently if possible. I worked side by side with GDR though and they were amazing!!!
Linda

High Himalayas

Leh reminds me of New Mexico one hundred years ago. Irrigation is a must for agriculture, everything is at altitude, homes are adobe, people are gracious, and days are hot with cool evenings. This program has been in effect long enough that we are seeing returning kids with perfect teeth. Most gratifying. I like this location the best with my off time spent in the market, drinking tea with the shopkeepers, and watching life go by. There is an option to see the Taj Mahal later.