Global Dental Relief India

Global Dental Relief India

Our India clinic will take you to the far-Northern town of Leh, a multicultural mountain community at 11,562 ft., home to a vibrant Tibetan refugee population. You'll help provide quality dental care and hygiene education to over 500 kids in a single week, thanks to our pioneering model of care. You'll also visit Tibetan Buddhist monasteries and enjoy the gorgeous natural surroundings on bikes, hiking or even white water rafting.

Asia » India
Project Types
Medical
Guesthouse
Hotel
At this writing, the cost for our India program is $2350 per person. This excludes airfare but includes all in-country transportation including airport transfers, accommodations, sightseeing excursions, and a majority of meals during the clinic. Volunteers often fundraise the entire cost of their participation; all donations toward your program fee are tax deductible. Please contact our office ([email protected]) for help with fundraising, and visit our website for the most updated program costs.

Kimberly
San Diego

Volunteer Dental Assistant

This trip had a huge impact on me spiritually and socially. I truly connected with the culture of Ladakh and had culture shock when I got back to the US! It was such an amazing experience to see how the kids we served benefitted from us being there. I am so proud to have been a part of this and work with such a great organization. I pray to do so again in the future :)

I volunteered through a partnering company and not straight through GDR so I am not sure of the cost with GDR but I would make it more affordable for volunteers to be able to go more frequently if possible. I worked side by side with GDR though and they were amazing!!!

Linda
Belen, NM
Creighton University

High Himalayas

Leh reminds me of New Mexico one hundred years ago. Irrigation is a must for agriculture, everything is at altitude, homes are adobe, people are gracious, and days are hot with cool evenings. This program has been in effect long enough that we are seeing returning kids with perfect teeth. Most gratifying. I like this location the best with my off time spent in the market, drinking tea with the shopkeepers, and watching life go by. There is an option to see the Taj Mahal later.

Global Dental Relief’s mission is to bring quality dental care and hygiene education to underprivileged children across the world. Utilizing our pioneering model of care, dental professionals in collaboration with non-medically trained volunteers (approximately 15 volunteers total per clinic) are able to provide excellent care