: Global Dental Relief: Public Health Dentistry with Kids in India

You don't have to be a dentist to volunteer!

Our India clinic will take you to the far-Northern town of Leh, a multicultural mountain community at 11,562 ft., home to a vibrant Tibetan refugee population. You'll help provide quality dental care and hygiene education to over 500 kids in a single week, thanks to our pioneering model of care. You'll also visit Tibetan Buddhist monasteries and enjoy the gorgeous natural surroundings on bikes, hiking or even white water rafting.

Kimberly

Volunteer Dental Assistant

This trip had a huge impact on me spiritually and socially. I truly connected with the culture of Ladakh and had culture shock when I got back to the US! It was such an amazing experience to see how the kids we served benefitted from us being there. I am so proud to have been a part of this and work with such a great organization. I pray to do so again in the future :)

I volunteered through a partnering company and not straight through GDR so I am not sure of the cost with GDR but I would make it more affordable for volunteers to be able to go more frequently if possible. I worked side by side with GDR though and they were amazing!!!
Linda

High Himalayas

Leh reminds me of New Mexico one hundred years ago. Irrigation is a must for agriculture, everything is at altitude, homes are adobe, people are gracious, and days are hot with cool evenings. This program has been in effect long enough that we are seeing returning kids with perfect teeth. Most gratifying. I like this location the best with my off time spent in the market, drinking tea with the shopkeepers, and watching life go by. There is an option to see the Taj Mahal later.

About Global Dental Relief

Global Dental Relief’s mission is to bring quality dental care and hygiene education to underprivileged children across the world. Utilizing our pioneering model of care, dental professionals in collaboration with non-medically trained volunteers...