Affordable Volunteer Programs in Delhi

Delhi, the capital of India is one of the most culturally and historically rich city. Despite being one of the most important cities in the world, it is not perfect. There are a lot of children who are still not able to go to school and the ones' who do attend school are not getting any education outside their textbooks. At the same time, even though the nation is developing, women are still under the pressure of their social-economic status.

Volunteer Work available:
1) Teaching
2) Women Empowerment
3) Marketing
Don't worry though, it is not all work. Delhi is a cultural hub and their is no lack of places to visit and enjoy with various markets, monuments etc inside Delhi and many cities surrounding it such as Agra which is famous for the Taj Mahal, Jaipur and Varanasi.

Inclusions:
1) Stay
2) Meals
3) Experience Captain
4) Airport Pickup
5) Pre-departure support
6) Orientation meeting and an authentic India lunch, on us!
6) Old Delhi and Agra tour included!

• Explore the symbol of beauty Taj Mahal and the religious cities Mathura - Vrindavan with us. Participation is free for all volunteers!
  • Explore the busy by lanes of Old Delhi, a place stuck in time and try famous delicacies, the recipes of which have been passed down generation to generation. Also included in your project. <3
  • Spend your travel doing something meaningful for community through volunteer work during the weekdays.
  • Visit cities such as Rishikesh, Jaipur and Varanasi during your weekends. You can also take a long weekend to the beach state Goa!
  • Make new friends and explore the majestic city of Delhi, visiting various cultural and religious sites, eating traditional Indian food and exploring our local markets.

Aaron Jacob

Best experience ever

My two week in Delhi were really amazing. I met so many people and made so many friends. We went on a weekend trip to Kasol which was amazing. It was such an adventure. Would definitely recommend everyone who visits Delhi to go Kasol.
Also when you are in Delhi, don't forget to try Butter Chicken. Delhi is famous for this dish and it is literally the best thing that you can have.
There is so much to do and so many things to see. Travelling to India is a must!

Jacob

Changing lives

When I decided to travel abroad and volunteer, I never could've imagined the kind of impact I would create. We don't realize how much potential we have to influence those around us.
I came to Delhi through TTW for a Volunteer project with the responsibility to teach children. Apart from teaching English, I also took music sessions since I had informed my coordinator before coming to India that I could sing and play the guitar. I was surprised by how talented these children were. Most of them could sing and they would often use empty boxes and tables to make music while singing. Most of the children came from slums and could not really afford to take proper classes or instruments. Some of the other staff told me that these students are pushed to take up such extracurricular things so that they don't get influenced by the bad things around them such as drugs and alcohol.
Throughout my project, I tried my best to be a role model for these kids, motivating them to study and work hard.

I had never thought I would impact no many lives by my impromptu decision to travel, but the respect I saw in their eyes and how they used to came me Bhaiya (Elder brother) really changed my perspective about so many things.

Laura

My travel to India

I volunteered abroad for the first time this summer in India. India is such a beautiful country with so many people, so many things to see and so much to do. My four weeks of stay in Delhi were not enough to do everything around me. My job was to teach English to children and it was such a beautiful experience. I also helped make an Instagram page for the NGO I worked for and they really appreciated it. Overall my visit to India was amazing and I will remember these memories all my life.

The Tarzan Way was also awesome. They supported me with everything and never made me feel alone. I would definitely recommend coming to India through them.

Alyona

Visit to India

I visited India in Feb 2018 through TTW and it was definitely one of my best experiences ever. I met with so many people here and made friends from different countries. I would definitely recommend coming to India through The Tarzan Way. They really take care of each participant and make sure we are comfortable. Having a support like this in a new country really made me feel safe.
I would love to come and see India again through them :D

They took really good care of me and the other volunteers. So I have no complaints.
Merissa

Delhi meri jaan

Delhi is such a beautiful city with the best of everything. I went to the grandest of monuments to learn more about India's history and the craziest of clubs with lots of dance and music. During my stay in India, I was lucky to accompany one of my coordinator from The Tarzan Way to an Indian wedding. What a crazy experience with loud music, grand ceremony, unlimited buffets of food and so many people. I really understood what it meant by a big fat Indian wedding.
I would really recommend everyone to travel to India and experience things like these at least once.

They were perfect!
Khanh

Impactful!

I was a volunteer in Delhi in August 2017. I was hosted by The Tarzan Way in their volunteer house with almost 10 other volunteers from different countries around the world. I ended up becoming friends with all of them and we still stay in touch. Aryen, my project manager used to stay with us and he was really helpful.
He was there to pick me up at the airport when I landed. He then helped me get an Indian SIM Card and my money exchanged. Everyone from The Tarzan Way team was young and energetic. They would organize events like movie night or Photography walks for the volunteers to take part in. We even called in a Yoga teacher for some sessions on the basics.
Overall my program was really memorable and I ended up doing a lot of new things. This experience is something I'll never forget.

They plan some amazing activities for the volunteers, they should continue doing this and keep increase the number of activities they have

About The Tarzan Way

The Tarzan Way is a travel based start-up envisioning to showcase the Indian culture, and simplify travel through its innovative, interactive, and constantly improving means.
We curate and create "Experiences", which are excursions, trips,...