Here at Prime Trust we believe that education is vital for the alleviation of poverty.
We currently run:
- Remedial schools; where you have the opportunity to teach English to children from low-income backgrounds. These classes occur after school, supporting their schooling during the day. As well as improving their second language skills, these classes also boost the self-confidence of the children. If you are proficient or specialise in another subject, you are welcome to run such classes as well.
- Janani Home for Girls; an orphanage which we run, providing food, shelter and support for young girls born into deprivation. Here you have the opportunity to carry out activities and classes with the girls. Past volunteers have conducted music classes, yoga, meditation, arts and crafts, gardening, English classes and more. We welcome you to share any interests or skills that you have with the girls, providing experiences and education which aren't available at school.
- Flexible classes and activities
- Opportunities for self-development, allowing you to decide how you can contribute
- Involvement with an organisation where you can see the efforts required for development and poverty alleviation
- Develop ties and relationships with local people that tourism alone could never offer you.
- Contribute to decision making processes that will have an impact beyond your stay at the project.
Born out of a desire to combat poverty and serve those in need, Prime Trust welcomes volunteers who have the skill, ability, passion, and the profound willingness to make a positive difference in this world. Is that you?