Volunteer in India with Globe Aware

Participate in Globe Aware's India program and promote empowerment and education by working with women and disadvantaged children in the community of Jaipur. In this “Pink City,” volunteers will work with children and women, providing beneficial activities. Volunteers will be accommodated in one of several modest hotels which all have running hot-water, Western-style toilets, and electricity. A home-stay option is also available. During leisure time, volunteers can have dinner with a local family, visit traditional artisan factories, or walk through the colorful streets.

• Enjoy a Bollywood Film in the homeland of this worldwide phenomenon.
  • Take a visit to a traditional artisan factory.
  • Explore the city markets of Jaipur, visit the famous Amber Fort.

Sikha

Jaipur, India

I had such an amazing time checking out the volunteer vacation program in Jaipur! I've been to India many times but this was my first time alone, without family and I loved it. Not only did I feel comfortable, I also enjoyed my time seeing the sights and meeting with the locals. I also enjoyed being able to interact and educate children and get to know the women in the empowerment camp. Awesome time!

Joesph

India

The people of India - they were courteous and friendly. The children in our class - they were magical and curious as are children everywhere. Having volunteered twice before, once in Costa Rica and once in Hoi An, Vietnam, we were somewhat familiar with working in less economically advantaged areas. The orientation material provided by Globeaware was accurate, pertinent, and helpful. The shortage of water and waste disposal facilities in Jaipur and Delhi made us even more keenly aware of the outsized impact American waste has on the global environment.

About Globe Aware

Globe Aware coordinates, organizes and leads volunteer vacations, service vacations, working holidays and service trips to two Peru locations (Andes & Cusco/Machu Picchu), Costa Rica, Thailand, Cuba, Nepal, Brazil, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, India,...