18 Month Poverty Program in Malawi and Mozambique

This is a comprehensive work-study program on global poverty. You will learn about the conditions of the billions of people living in poverty and how it affects their health, education, freedom, economic opportunity.

During the first six months you will begin preparation on campus. You will take courses on irrigation, sanitation, HIV/AIDS prevention, and why there is so much poverty in the world. You will also work with practical studies with farming, building water tanks, cleaning water and much more.

The next six month service period you and your team will travel to your project run by Humana People to People. You will work with the communities to educate and empower them to change and better their lives. You will use all of the skills you learned in the first period to use.

During the third and final six month period, you will work together with your team to create a final project back on campus. You and your team will then bring your final project to the public.

Hi, great question! We recommend reaching out to the program provider to learn more, which you can do here: https://oneworldcenter.org/about-us/ .

BK

It was so precious time in my life.

I used to think that it is for only those who get prepared fully to help with the poor people.

Since I met this program, the answer of my doubt said "No"

We all are responsible to make a better world.

In a small picture, you're part of helping with the poor people as long as you considered the global issues like global warming and climate change where the poor suffer from those issues based on the examples of "Water conflict between Kenya and Ethiopia"

Every single thing we do may impact on hugely in the other side of the earth either good or bad.

Being aware what is going in the reality.

As we meet a lot of people from all over the world, I could learn many things.

The more people are involved in and aware of it, the closer we moved a bit in a better world.
Lo.

A Great Opportunity!

Thanks to this program you can try out a different lifestyle and learn a lot about other cultures, global issues and even yourself. Living in community is not always easy, but it definitely teaches us a lot about who we are, what is the power of a collective and how we can solve issues together.

The experience is challenging and rewarding.

Just do it!

The program would be better if more people were involved. The more the better, so it can be more dynamic and fun!

About One World Center

We have an opportunity to make a huge difference in the lives of others through our work-study programs at One World Center. There is no international organization like us. We prepare individuals for a journey that will expand their minds, allow them...