- Costa Rica
View Other Details
A village intern is a passionate volunteer who wants to not only CONNECT a meaningful service opportunity but wants to become part of the village. Someone who wants to CHANGE lives and change their own life in the process. Someone who knows how education can EMPOWER others to rise out of poverty, and knows the power of books.
If this is you, then join us!
You will stay with a host family in the village who will teach you the local cultures and customs, and be your family abroad. Host families are handpicked and are usually leaders within the community. You will work alongside the teachers at the Village Library to create a reading culture by visiting homes, teaching classes, helping out at the library, and working with local families.
You are encouraged to propose and lead your own projects in addition to the projects already mentioned. As you actively seek to connect with the village and immerse yourself in the culture, you will become part of the village family. Apply below
- Programs are available year-round, for only $150 a week, for between 1-12 weeks
- Fee includes, 3 meals a day, accomadations, airport pickup and drop off, and 24/7 support from your intern counselor
- Extensive culture and humanitarian training so you can become a world citizen
- The opportunity to enter the homes of the villagers and understand their way of life
- Spend your weekend going rafting, mountain biking, helping on the farms or seeing the many sights with your village family
Creating reading habits with young readers will change the course of their lives and their future.