Centre Lalla Meryem for Orphans and Disabled People

The Centre Lalla Meryem is part of the Moroccan League for the protection of children. They host orphan children from when they are born until the age of 6 years old. Some mothers take them and leave them there because of their personal situations and they stay there until the centre finds the right host family for them. They also host some children that (very sadly) people find abandoned in the street and take them there. Those who are handicapped often stay there until they die. The Centre takes care of them until then.

Disabled children:
- Help them with everyday life’s tasks: taking a shower, taking them for a walk, preparing their meals. social workers carry out these tasks. They are specialized in their particular disabilities:
how they affect them, how they are treated and what to do in any case.

Orphans:
-Procedures of adoption, circumcision, feeding the babies, take them out.

Aurore

Amazing experience

My volunteering experience at the Center Lalla Meryem for orphans and disabled people was truly amazing. The entire staff is very welcoming and the general atmosphere is warm and caring. I've spent almost 6 months volunteering there, I was working with the orphans from 0 to 2 years old. I took care of them, under the supervision of the nurses, who are very happy to explain you how to do everything. I had a really great time and I will remember this 6 months and all the people I met for the rest of my life.

Working at Lalla Meryem Center is really a great opportunity, but the Chantiers Sociaux Marocains can definitely improve their organization and you have to make sure you agree with the living accomodation they will offer you before hand. But otherwise, they do a great job by giving an opportunity to do some volunteering.

About Chantiers Sociaux Marocains

Chantiers Sociaux Marocains works for the awareness of the importance of volunteering and the need to its recognition. We work to reinforce the values of citizenship and strengthen the capacity of the population to contribute to sustainable...