Join a world-class research team in one of Africa’s most beautiful coastal locations. Mozambique's coast is one of the best scuba diving locations in Africa, home to large populations of whale sharks, manta rays and turtles, and is an important refuge for other threatened marine species like the elusive dugong.
The legendary beaches around the project boast some of the most beautiful stretches of land in Africa and are the ideal place to see southern Africa’s marine Big 5 - whale sharks, manta rays, hammerheads, reef sharks and sea turtles. This stretch of coast is considered to be one of the top 10 dive sites in the world.
Volunteers support Marine Biologists and researchers, collecting data for conservation projects including whale shark, manta ray and marine turtle research programs. This conservation project was designed by a leading manta ray researcher and a whale shark expert specifically to collect data needed for studies to protect and preserve threatened marine mammals.
- Experience one of the world's top 10 dive locations and contribute to vital marine research
- Dive close to whale sharks and giant manta rays, in the clear waters of the Indian Ocean
- Learn new research, identification and data collection techniques, as you assist biologists in their ongoing studies
- Live in a stunning lodge, just metres from white sandy beaches
- Get your PADI certification, and have the option to become Dive Master certified while on the programme