GVI: Wildlife Conservation Volunteering

We are proud to launch our new GVI Business Internships Abroad!

Business Internships Abroad are a great way to apply your business management and leadership skills, explore the world, experience new cultures, contribute to a sustainable cause and kickstart your career!

GVI offers a range of wildlife conservation focused volunteering programs across the globe, in partnership will globally-renowned organisations. These programs focus on preserving endangered species and their habitats, as well as providing environmental education to local communities. Join one of GVI's wildlife conservation programs, and discover some of the world's most charismatic settings, while you gain valuable new skills and experience and contribute to critical wildlife conservation programs!

• Thailand: Volunteer with elephants relieved from working in the tourist industry. Assist with the elephants' rehabilitation and help mahouts (traditional elephant keepers) and other villagers establish alternative livelihoods.
  • South Africa: South Africa: Get up close and personal with Africa's large game such as lion, leopard, elephant and hyenas whilst volunteering on a conservation program in a South African game reserve. Help locate collared predators in the reserve, receive invaluable training in large animal identification, tracking and behavioral study skills.
  • Costa Rica: Join a team of international volunteers and participate in important research on species’ population studies as Jaguars, aquatic birds, and sea turtles (depending on nesting seasons).
  • Seychelles: Volunteer and gain irreplaceable practical skills and knowledge on the conservation of some of the most beautiful scenery in the world while contributing towards the long-term survival of endangered species such as the hawksbill turtle.

Billie-Jo

2 weeks was not enough

So I went to Phang Nga for 2 weeks and I wish i'd been able to spend longer there. I loved every minute, the staff and volunteers were all such wonderful people. I especially loved working with the turtles and learning lots about them. The whole set up of the project was extremely organised and I always felt confident in what was expected of me and the tasks we were going to. I can't recommend GVI enough, as it's the second project I have done with them. They are so organised and clear about what will be happening on project. As with all things some activities were weather dependent and we were always informed when possible if things were going to change. GVI had built up a fantastic relationship with the surrounding village and the Navy base which we volunteered at.

I cannot recommend this project enough it was the most enjoyable time I had in Thailand and I wish I had done the project for longer!

this programme was so much fun with just the right amount of training. I wouldn't change anything except for I would have stayed longer.
Rowan

The best 3 weeks!

I spent three weeks in Phang Nga and it was the best of my life, originally i was only meant to do 2 weeks but extended as i loved it so much. I was very nervous to begin going by myself, even with the good words of the team i spoke to before it is scary going somewhere new! as soon as i was picked up by the GVI team I knew it was going to be amazing! The other people volunteering were so lovely, the team were so nice and only had good words to speak about GVI. Everyone i was with was so wonderful and I can honestly say i have made friends for life, living with and spending all day with people is just amazing! The whole GVI team were amazing too. Doing conservation i spent a lot of time with Rachel and Luis who were wonderful! they love conservation so much and seeing their passion made you enjoy it even more! the living conditions also were good. I expected very basic but we had 6 bed dorms, which was very fun being able to live with people, we also had a common area with a kitchen with a kettle toaster cereal for us to eat, then sofas with a laptop and projector so we could watch films and there was wifi which was nice as it is handy to be able to keep in touch with people especially at the beginning when you are still nervous. We lived in a small village and it was nice being part of the community. On the weekend we went on trips with everyone where we all got to know each other better and it was so much fun! i would highly recommend this to anyone it was the best trip ever and i wish i was there longer.

I honestly can say there is nothing i can say needs improving i had the best time!
Lchavis

Up close to the animals!

Every day on the expedition there was something new and exciting to discover. Studying the predator/prey ratios of the animals living on the reserve and taking data on their daily habits was like living in a Nationa Geographic special. We started early and finished late every day, but the work was worthwhile and we felt as though we were contributing to the long term impact of the area. There was also time for teaching the African schoolchildren how to use newly donated computers. The looks of wonder on their faces was priceless. I was amazed at how close we were able to get to animals most people only see on TV, but I always felt our safety was GVI's first priority. It was an experience I wouldn't trade for anything and hopefully someday I'll be able to return to do it again!

CherMacDonald

Amazing Wildlife Opportunity!

Working with this program was an amazing experience. We spent our time every day working closely with the wildlife. I felt like we were on safari everyday while doing research on predator/prey ratio studies.

Life on the reserve was primitive, yet very comfortable.

About Global Vision International (GVI)

GVI is an award-winning organisation that tackles critical local and global issues by operating education and training programs on sustainable development projects around the world.

Formed in 1997, we have been operating our award-winning...