$250 contribution to your flight when you travel with us...!!!
Africa & Asia Venture (AV) is one of the oldest gap year providers. Since 1993 AV has been offering unique immersive programs in Africa and Asia for those aged 17-25. You live and work in the local community in a group with fellow participants from around the world.
Cultural immersion is more than just being a tourist and seeing the sights, it's a unique opportunity to engage meaningfully with individuals and a community, to build relationships, make friends and live life as they do.
All our programs are divided into three parts - orientation, cultural immersion placement and independent travel.
- Orientation - a chance to settle in, get to know your group and make sure you're fully prepared for all aspects of your placement.
- Immersion - you live and work (with others in your group), sharing your skills, in one of our partner communities in Besisahar or Gorkha, close to the Annapurna Conservation area. Key to the experience is the high level of independence we offer. We're always available, but we stand back and let you make the most of the experience.
- Independent Travel - the final month of the program is free for you to explore further afield in Nepal or India. We're still here to support you whenever you need!
- Live in the foothills of the Himalayas
- Live in the community as they live - but never on your own
- Be more than a traveller passing through
- Adventure travel opportunities
- Our own, dedicated 24/7 in country support