Climb to the Mount Everest base camp, trek through Nepals famous national parks searching for Tigers or visit Buddha's birthplace. Whatever you love extreme sports, nature or culture, Nepal has something for everyone.
However a Gap Year shouldn't just be a chance for adventure travel, it offers a unique opportunity to enhance your CV or Resume and help you stand out from the crowd when you apply for Uni or your graduate job. Our Nepal program gets the balance just right. More adventure than you can possibly imagine and the chance to live and work in a rural community where you can teach English to local children.
Cultural immersion is more than just being a tourist and seeing the sights, it's a unique opportunity to engage meaningfully with individuals and a community, to build relationships, make friends and live life as they do.
All our programs are divided into three parts - orientation, cultural immersion placement and independent travel.
- Orientation - a chance to settle in, get to know your group and make sure you're fully prepared for all aspects of your placement.
- Immersion - you live and work (with others in your group), sharing your skills, in one of our partner communities in Besisahar or Gorkha, close to the Annapurna Conservation area. Key to the experience is the high level of independence we offer. We're always available, but we stand back and let you make the most of the experience.
- Independent Travel - the final month of the program is free for you to explore further afield in Nepal or India. We're still here to support you whenever you need!
- Live in the community as they live - but never on your own
- Be more than a traveller passing through
- Climb to Mount Everest base camp
- Look for Tigers in Nepals national parks
- Travel through to India and experience all that this amazing part of the world has to offer
FREE Safari Experience when you travel to Africa with us...!!!
Africa & Asia Venture (AV) is one of the oldest gap year providers. Since 1993 AV has been offering unique immersive programs in Africa and Asia for those aged 17-25. You live and work in the local community in a group with fellow participants from around the world.