Teach English at a Local Orphanage, School, or Monastery in Nepal

Teach English at a Local Orphanage, School, or Monastery in Nepal

The Alliance Nepal program places volunteers in a variety of projects in and around Pokhara (the capital city of Alliance Nepal) including teaching English, caring for disabled children, orphanage work, medical work and working with local NGOs. Before arriving in Alliance Nepal volunteers should understand that resources are extremely limited in the institutions they will be working. Therefore, any supplies volunteers can bring, appropriate to their particular program are always very appreciated by the local people and staff.

Alliance Nepal offers volunteering placements in pokhara, the capital city of Alliance Nepal . Volunteers can be accommodated within the city itself or in an urban or rural placement just out of the city.

Volunteering is a valuable experience in which both you and your hosts will benefit through cultural exchange and learning from one another.

Asia » Nepal
What do my fees pay for?
Program Fee – Airport pick up, orientation, program supervision, accommodation and meals during volunteer placement period, In-country 24/7 volunteer support and In-country administration cost

What additional costs will I have?
Visa, flights, travel insurance (recommended), vaccinations, souvenirs, trips or tours you do while in
the country, transfer back to the airport from program, spending money (volunteers in Alliance Nepal generally find US$20 to be sufficient for basic weekly expenses).

The fees are listed here: http://www.volunteerworkinnepal.org/programfee.htm

Eloise
Toowoomba, Queensland
University of Southern Queensland

An incredible experience

For 2.5 months I volunteered at Matepani Gumba in Pokhara, Nepal.

Alliance Nepal did a fantastic job of helping me through the experience. Krishna is a very trustworthy guy who was always there to help.

I can't recommend this program enough!

More Nepali lessons included!

Ken
New work,USA

My excellent time in Pokhara

I have previously volunteered in 9 different locations around the world, and have used 4 different organizations for my placements, both large and small. Alliance Nepal, and particularly its director Krishna was/is the absolute perfect choice for anyone considering volunteering in Nepal and the Pokhara area in particular.

First, all the logistics worked perfectly. Was met at the airport in Kathmandu, a hotel room had been arranged the first nite and getting me to Pokhara went smoothly. But it was when I got to Pokhara that Krishna shined… and showed why I was so glad I chose Alliance Nepal. It is because Krishna is personally involved in the entire placement, it is not delegated to another person. Krishna also is the easiest fellow to speak with and is committed to making sure the volunteer has the best experience possible…. He is just a top shelf person, totally trustworthy, honest and has made this his passion and life’s work.

Like I said, I’ve been volunteering for years and know what I look for in a placement. He placed me in a Buddhist monastery where 3 other organizations I contacted couldn’t for January when I was going to be there.(I taught English to the monks). Home run! Then the next 2 weeks I wanted to be at an orphanage as I have done so 5-6 times previously. I must say, it was the best run orphanage I have worked with and the kids were incredible.

Perhaps I just got lucky with my two placements… but I don’t think it was luck. Krishna just knows Pokhara and the placements and NGO’s available there… he was great! Also, he had me over to his home twice to share daal bhaat meal with him and his family, set up paragliding and sightseeing stuff for me to see….

Anyway, for anyone who wishes to read my online travel journals and the one about Pokhara, go to www.Travelpod.com/members/splunk . Feel free to also email me at [email protected] and I’ll be glad to try to answer any questions you may have.

Anyway, Krishna and Alliance Nepal are excellent and I don’t believe you can do better if you are looking to volunteer in Nepal. Thank you Krishna.

Jared
Blackburn, UK
Liverpool Hope University

An excellent and truly caring company

From landing in Kathmandu I was cared for by the team at Alliance Nepal, they were always friendly and happy to help. When I arrived in Pokhara, I was greeted by Krishna, the director of the company, who was only a phone call away for the rest of my trip. I was able to experience this beautiful country by myself, knowing if something should go wrong I could always rely on the help of Alliance Nepal. The school in which I taught was also fantastic, it gave me an opportunity to better understand the cultures and traditions of Nepali Buddhists (though many of the children were from Mustang and thus Tibetan in all but nationality) as well as giving me the opportunity to help these lovable kids.

- I had initially expected to be teaching in a monastery, however upon arrival it was clear that this was actually a buddhist monastic school. Which came as a shock as I had naively expected to be in the centre of a working monastery.

- The Nepali language lesson i received was very useful out and about in the city, however the children and teachers at the school spoke Tibetan which I was completely unprepared for

Alliance Nepal is an initiative set up by an enthusiastic team of locals within the Pokhara area.The main objective of Alliance Nepal is to be a catalyst towards social change through enhancing educational opportunities, health care, environmental awareness and cultural exchange.

Through Alliance Nepal we