View Other Details
Note: During the COVID-19 outbreak, Global Volunteers is waiving the fee to transfer from affected service programs to a future date.
Our development partnership in Kathmandu, Nepal directs essential services to marginalized children and women within a federation of hope. Get in on the ground floor of a formative program offering companionship, important skills, and love. You’re needed for one or two weeks to teach conversational English in classrooms and small groups, care for orphaned and abandoned children, present business and management lessons, and help repair living and learning spaces. You can make a significant difference:
• Embrace and befriend impoverished children by providing the nurturing care that every child deserves.
• Teach conversational English to primary and secondary school students.
• Offer lectures, seminars, or workshops on management and business to college students.
• Support gender equality – teach conversational English to marginalized women
Read more here about our ethical service program in Nepal:
- Complete immersion in Nepalese culture.
- Work with Nepali people to support children who need it most.
- All logistics (except for international airfare) arranged by our staff, so you can focus on volunteering.
- Global Volunteers' policy: safety trumps everything. Volunteers are well taken care of by their Team Leader while on a service program.
- Give a piece of your heart to the Nepalese people while receiving a piece of theirs through their culture, fascinating landscapes and exciting gems!
Volunteering in Nepal gives you a broad perspective on the resiliency of the human spirit. Through daily assignments, cultural activities, and time for personal adventures, you’ll learn about Kathmandu and remain forever invested. Our time-tested and proven philosophy of service ensures your personal efforts help advance local people’s development vision and goals. Long-term community projects enable you, in just a short time, to serve as a critical link in a chain of continuous volunteering in Nepal.
While rural poverty in Nepal is slowing, the poverty rate is increasing in urban areas. In Kathmandu, daily life is very basic, and challenging, for those who live on the margins of society. Children suffer the most in these conditions. Thousands were abandoned and orphaned, leaving them to survive on the streets without protection or a future. Global Volunteers invites you to experience Nepal by making a difference in the lives of disadvantaged children. Help them reach their God-given full potential so that they grow up as better citizens of tomorrow and make a brighter future for themselves, their families and their country.