Trek through the foothills of the Himalayas to a remote rural village where you’ll live with a Nepali host family, and teach English in the local school. Your four day trek through the mountains will lead you around the Annapurna Circuit, past Poon Hill and some of the other highlights of the trail. You’ll walk through mossy forests, and up stone steps (thousands!) all while having breathtaking views of the mountains. At the end of the trek, you’ll be welcomed into the home of your hosts, and by your students as a new member of the community. Each morning you’ll wake up with views of the snow capped Himalayas.
On days off, trek and explore the local area. Spend your weekends hiking up to the base camp of one of the tallest mountains in the world, or soaking in the natural hot springs at Jihnu. The local children are driven, and with your knowledge of the English language, they’ll have a greater opportunity to learn.
- Trek through the jungles and mountains to the base camps of some of the highest mountains in the world
- Experience daily Nepal life and culture living with a host family in a remote mountain village
- Brush your teeth each morning with the breathtaking backdrop of the Himalayas
- Spend your weekdays enriching the lives of and inspiring young children through giving them an English education.
- Spend your weekends trekking through the foothills of the mountains or soaking in natural hot springs
Our work is focused on connecting our partner villages in the Annapurna region of Nepal with high-quality English educations. We provide teaching materials and fluent English-speaking teachers. Collaboration with locals helps us identify essential projects for community development through education. We then facilitate access to the tools needed to transform students' lives.
Still have questions?
Be sure to ask about the February 10th application deadline for our Spring 2020 trek.