View Other Details
Trusted by 120,000+ volunteers, IVHQ offers the most popular volunteer programs in Peru and 50+ other destinations around the world.
You can choose from 18 volunteer project options in Cusco or Lima and give back for periods ranging from 1 week to 24 weeks. Your Program Fee includes airport pick-up, orientation, accommodation, meals and 24/7 in-country support. You’ll be accommodated in a homestay, with other like-minded, impact-focused travelers from around the world.
IVHQ is trusted to support the meaningful adventures of thousands of volunteers every year, so before you even depart for Cusco, you’ll receive outstanding personalized service from your expert Volunteer Program Manager and exclusive access to superior pre-departure volunteer training.
With IVHQ, you can expect to establish real connections within the local community while supporting projects that make a genuine difference.
- IVHQ’s Peru program is available year-round, offering a start date on every Monday in Cusco and every first and third Monday in Lima
- Highly affordable program fees starting from $180 - IVHQ provides the most affordable and top-rated programs
- Exhilarating add-ons available, including Machu Picchu tours, Rainbow Mountain treks and a 1-week Mini Adventure
- You’ll be traveling with IVHQ, the volunteer travel experts, and joining a network of 110,000+ volunteers. Our outstanding safety systems and track record set us apart, we are the world’s safest organization
- Your efforts will have a positive impact because our programs are community-driven with a focus on supporting long-term local needs
The aim of the Childcare project is for volunteers to provide individual attention and assistance to children from diverse backgrounds. Many children at the placements we work with do not receive the level of affection and education that they deserve, volunteers therefore play an important role in working alongside local staff to improve the educational, emotional and hygiene conditions of the children. Volunteers work in community centers, schools and kindergartens.
One of the ways we provide support to the different placements we work with in Cusco is through our Construction and Renovation project. Many of these placements are under-funded, run-down, and in need of renovation work. Volunteers work alongside a local construction worker who provides them with direction and motivation. Volunteers work on a variety of buildings, including schools, community centers and clinics.
Clinics and hospitals for low income families in Cusco tend to be under-funded and under-staffed. As a result, volunteers play an important role in assisting local nurses and doctors, dentists and specialists while also learning about the healthcare system in Cusco. It is important that Medical volunteers have realistic expectations with regard to the activities that they will get involved in.
Join this culturally immersive volunteer project and have the unique opportunity to experience life as a local in a traditional Andean community while volunteering your time to support your host family.
Peru’s Amazon rainforest is an incredible place to visit - full of wildlife and raw landscapes but facing its own set of challenges. As a volunteer on this unique project, you can contribute to the ongoing preservation of this vital part of the natural world.