Volunteer in Peru- Lowest Fees & Trusted Since 2003

Volunteer in Peru
Volunteer in Peru

Would you like to immerse yourself in the real Peru? Join Global Crossroad on a life-altering Peru volunteer experience and journey! When you volunteer abroad in Peru, your life will be forever changed.

See for yourself this magnificent country full of the history. Visit the great ruins at Machu Picchu and explore its atmospheric sanctuary-city. Explore the amazing Amazon Rainforest and the famous Floating Islands of Lake Titicaca. Get to know the colorful people of Peru, descendants of a majestic race.

Our renowned volunteering overseas in Peru programs gives you the opportunity to delve into your own depths of compassion in a number of different ways. You could teach English, help the street children, work in an orphanage, or in a medical setting. We offer a professionally guided tour through one of the world's favorite travel destinations, and through your own heart and humanitarian conscience. Contact us for all the fascinating details today!

• Join thousands of volunteers on affordable programs helping to change the world one family at a time
  • Guaranteed lowest program fees in the US – starting at $209 per week.
  • Contribute in the way that is most meaningful to you and get a life changing experience.
  • Your fees directly benefit the volunteer project – there are no middlemen
  • Your safety is always our priority… every volunteer location has been thoroughly vetted

Nikolett

Peru Orphanage Work

My trip to Peru was a trip of a lifetime. It was such an unforgettable and rewarding experience! I had the privilege to meet some amazing people, not only in the project, also some volunteers and stuff.
The local team was very welcoming. They were always happy and willing to help, they provided everything I needed.
My home stay was great! The host family was super friendly, and I could taste the best homemade Peruvian food during my stay.
I feel so lucky that I was part of a program that cares this much. I learned so much and I will hold all of my memories made there with me for the rest of my life.
Come with an open mind and heart and you will have a truly amazing experience.
Don’t be afraid to immerse yourself fully into every new experience. 😊

Machu Picchu, place to be
Julia

Best time of my life

I spended two month in Cusco, Peru and worked in different projects. First I worked in a school and helped the teacher during the english classes in the morning and in the afternoon, i worked with teen mothers and their children. You can read about it in my last review.
The last two weeks i spended the hole day in an orphange for disabled children and created the daily activities for them. In the orphanage 23 disabled (15 girls and eight boys) between seven and 27 lived in the Kusi Wasi, which means happy home.
During the day, we painted with our fingers, builded up towers with blocks, danced a lot and we also made a trip to a parc. We had lotsof fun and the children are loughing the most time of the day.
For me it was the best time of y life, to work with these young peple and spending my time at this orphanage.

Everything is good organised, i felt safe and at home all the time.
Kate

Memories I Will Cherish Forever

I applied to volunteer with Global Crossroad in their Orphanage Program in Peru. I was very much intrigued by the program before applying. To be completely honest I was not disappointed at all.
The process of applying was smooth. Any questions were answered within 24 hours. There was no confusion.
I was picked up at the airport and taken to my accommodation. I stayed with the host family. They were very nice people. My placement was “Casa Residential - Orphanage”. The Orphanage provided a very safe and protective environment for the Mom and their babies. I was fully impressed by the management inside the Orphanage. My responsibilities included supporting staffs by giving tutorials, house maintenance, gardening, kitchen assistance, socializing with moms and so on. They also had a bakery project running which helped moms to generate income and learn business skills.
It was an overwhelming experience which I will never forget. The love and respect you get from them is astonishing.

I have nothing to say in this regards. I wish them all the best and pray God to look after them always.
Felecia

Expect The Unexpected

Everyone at Global Crossroad was always extremely helpful. They were knowledgeable about any questions or concerns I had. The Spanish classes were very interactive and the teacher was great. He did a superb job of teaching!

The living condition was also very good, with excellent meals and always more than enough food. The host family was very wonderful! The meals were prepared with care. I'm a vegetarian and was very satisfied with all my meals. They were very accommodating to my needs.

I really enjoyed my volunteering experience at the School in Peru. I thought I was going to work with student from grade 1-5; but I was placed to teach the students from grade 6 to 8. It wasn't what I expected but it turned out to be great. I must say I was a little nervous at first.

Overall, everything was great; therefore I recommend Global Crossroad programs in Peru to all.

My flight was about one hour late arriving in Cusco. Therefore, I was not picked up at the airport. I had to take a taxi and I was overcharged but did not realize it at the time. Perhaps let others know what they would pay a taxi if the pickup does not occur.
Machu Picchu, place to be
Julia

My first weeks in school

I´m Julia, 20 years old and I work in Cusco for eight weeks. The most time of a day I spend in a catholic school, where I help the english teachers in class. I work there with children between six and seventeen. So it never get´s boring. In the afternoon, when I´m not too tired, I also work in the orphanage, which is only separated by a door to the school. There I am with the children and take care of them, while the mothers, for example, do their homework. After work, I´m free to discover the city or do what I want. At the weekend I also have enough time to get to know the country.
In the family I live in, are two other volunteers and we´re spending much time together. It is like a family and after work, I feel like coming home. When I have some questions, I can ask anybody and I have always been helped.
Let´s see, what the next five weeks will bring.

Location:
Alejandro Velasco Astete International Airport
( CUZ )
Rodríguez Ballón International Airport
( AQP )

Peru is treasured for its gastronomy, Incan history, and stunning Andes mountains. As you travel, you will notice the pride the Peruvians have for their heritage of having been not only the Incan empire but Spain's South American empire. Peru's eco-tourism is growing the quickest of any South American country. If you are looking to tap into a currently less-frequented travel destination, pick Peru.

About Global Crossroad

Global Crossroad, LLC is one of the world's fastest growing international volunteer vacation organizations. Its ever-expanding programs offer a variety of volunteer and travel programs in 18 different countries throughout Asia, Africa, Europe, and...