VolunteeringPeru: Social Volunteering

VolunteeringPeru: Social Volunteering

The Volunteer Program is open to anyone who wants to contribute in the projects and has a minimum age of 18 years.

We offer volunteering in different types of projects: orphanages, institutions for mentally disabled children and adults, after school care for children in disadvantaged neighborhoods, childcare, schools, hospitals, medical clinics, etc.

We find it important that volunteers feel comfortable in a project and therefore give them the choice of which project they decide to work.

Most projects are open half day from Monday to Friday. As a result there are many volunteers who choose to work in 2 different projects: one in the morning and another project in the afternoon. Often there are volunteers who choose to take a half day Spanish lessons.

South America » Peru » Cusco
South America » Peru
1 Year+
Spanish
Volunteering Inscription fee: US$ 70, includes pick up from airport, introduction, 24 hours support in case of emergency, help with travels, etc. Optional costs for living with a local family and Spanish Classes.

Lieke
Leiden the Netherlands

A great way to help in Cuszco

Me and my sister helped out in an orphanage for disabled children. It wasn't just rewarding because you know you helped the children, but it was also a lot of fun to see them smile :)

Also the staff is open to new idea's, this allowed me and my sister to organize a trip to the swimming pool which became a highlight of the summer for the children!

It'd be better if there was a little more teamwork between the permanent local staff and the volunteers.

Naiara
Campinas, Brazil

My 2 weeks in Cusco

From the moment I decided to volunteer in Peru, I got all the support from Carlos and Agnes. In the mornings I worked with mentally and physically disabled children in the project Madre Teresa, helped in the physiotherapy, fed them and helped with the cleaning. The institution is very poor and volunteers are really needed there. Although the children in Madre Teresa can't really talk, after some days they started to smile at me when I arrived there, and we found our own way to communicate. In the afternoons I worked in the project Colibri, with children that have to work on the streets to help their parents. We could do lots of activities there and I was impressed by how smart and lovely those children were. By the end of my program it was hard to say goodbye, I learned a lot from them and I hope I left some posivite stuff too. The work that you do with love lasts forever. There were other volunteers in my host family's house, and during the nights we used to go out, watch movies, or have salsa classes, and I met people from all over the world. The host family was amazing and made me feel at home. During the weekend I traveled and met the most beautiful places I've ever been to. It's for sure an amazing city for you to know and leave your mark, and you can count on the staff for whatever you need.

Volunteering-Peru is a small volunteer organization in Cusco, Peru. The goal of our organization is to support projects in Cusco by sending them volunteers which give the projects a helping hand. The volunteers offer a valuable contribution to the society and bridge the gap between