Projects Abroad Volunteer Programs in the Philippines

Join Projects Abroad in the Philippines! This Asian island nation offers a distinct cultural experience for travelers like no other.

Volunteers live with host families and get to enjoy the island culture. Available volunteer projects include Teaching English, Coaching Sports, Caring for disadvantaged children, building schools and houses in a local community. You can also join us in a Medicine & Healthcare or Journalism internship.

Visit the Projects Abroad website to learn more!

New Gap Semester Programs!

🌍 Cultural Exchange ⭐ Experiential Learning 📅 6 weeks+

Asia, Africa, and Beyond! Looking for an alternative to virtual learning? Our new Going Beyond gap semester programs are a safe, structured, yet flexible option to see the world while gaining valuable work experience and knowledge abroad. Half semester up to a full year - choose your own path and tasks. Next escape is November 8th!

Discover more & Apply! - Limited spaces available.

Popular Programs

male volunteer teacher with student in the Philippines

Gain practical classroom experience and help disadvantaged children improve their English.

volunteers holding a Projects Abroad sign in the Philippines

Get your hands dirty helping to improve sanitation facilities for families in the Philippines.

children playing spots in the Philippines

Gain sports coaching experience while you help students improve their fitness at disadvantaged schools.

volunteer holding a sign with a heart in Philippines

Help children to develop their skills while experiencing daily life on the beautiful island of Cebu.

Carla

Public Health - Philippines

I travelled to the Philippines with my sister to volunteer in a public health project, we had an amazing time and had the opportunity to see so many aspects of health care that we would never have experienced back home in Australia. We also had the chance to travel on the weekends to nearby islands, which was an awesome way to see the beautiful natural environment of the Philippines.
The staff were extremely helpful and we felt safe and looked after during our travels. Our host family was beautiful and welcoming, and our living space clean and safe. My siater was only 17 but this was not a problem, the staff were supportive of her despite being a minor. We also had the chance to get to know other volunteers and built friendships with them.

Response from Projects Abroad

Hi Carla,

Thanks for your wonderful feedback!

We’re so glad you and your sister had such an amazing experience in the Philippines and were able to see things that you might not be able to back home. Sounds like this experience has been super handy for your CV!

We’re also so glad to hear about the support from our staff in the Philippines and your host family. Filipinos are some of the friendliest people in the world and it’s so great that you were able to experience this first hand.

Welcome to the Projects Abroad Alumni community Carla, we’d love to have you joining our projects again in the future!

All the best,

Duncan
Project Expert Australia

Bryan

New Perspective

Projects Abroad was extremely accommodating and easy to work with. Volunteering in the Philippines was with no question the best decision I have made in my life to date. Living with a host family in their cultural with virtually no commonalities to the way I or the majority of people live in America, as well as working with local tradesman was life changing in the best way. Day to day I felt extremely thankful to be given the opportunity to work with these people who are so also so thankful for everything they have, without asking for anything more.
I have been given a new perspective on how I believe life should be experienced and have the Projects Abroad staff, families and volunteers to thank.

Within the country, everything was exactly as I had hoped and more. I don't know exactly how our program fees are distributed between the Projects Abroad administration, staff and local families and workers, but I really just wish a larger portion of volunteer program fees would go to the local workers, host families and country staff.