- South Africa
View Other Details
• Transport from volunteer house to base.
• Laundry Machine use.
• Appreciation Trips twice a month.
What’s NOT included:
• Transport cost from and to the airport
• Personal expenses (e.g. medical,
• preferred foods, special dietary
• Local transportation on excursions
• Tourist visa and needed
vaccinations or insurance.
• Pick up and drop-offs
• Washing powder.
The early mornings bring to Tshega, vibrant voices - dust that dances around the people`s feet as they disembark from their taxis. As the painted sky allows the sun`s rays to tickle my shoulders, I hear the uncontained laughter of children. Today the TCM family, consisting out of staff, volunteers, missionaries, children, parents, and villagers, have an opportunity to share in His love bringing hope and joy... I know this is going to be another fabulous day! Tshega (TCM), established in 2004, transform the surrounding villages, by bringing in quality education, skills development, and outreach programs. The surrounding village has a staggering unemployment rate of 95 %. Women and Children are left alone for months when fathers and husbands migrate to look for work. Some never return, putting the burden on the unemployed mother to support and feed her children. In these villages, nestled in the mountains of Bolubedu, Limpopo, South Africa, YOU as a volunteer can make a difference!
- Love, Hope, Joy and Laughter... Children tranforms one`s life... Be prepared.
- * Free time & Leisure - Accommodation on an Orange farm comfortable, tranquil and safe - it includes a swimming pool, excellent meals, a Boma to experience the warm African summer nights beside a fire.
- * Next level - Our weekend excursions are next level from visiting the Kruger National Park, Zipline down waterfalls, Kissing a Hippo, Walking with a Cheetah or going on the Olifantsriver in a boat
- * Lifetime Friends - Making incredible friends with the base workers as well as people from all over the world who also come to volunteer
- * Basadi Skills program - Women Empowerment -To be part of the process is amazing. To see the women transform and become amazed at what they create with their own hand are amazing.
Transforming Lives - Social Impact:
Our support is holistically in the following categories:
Socially: Extra Mural Activities
Physically: Sports, Feeding scheme (basic needs)
Spiritual: Christian basis
OUR MILLENNIUM GOALS
Goal 1: Eradicate extreme poverty and hunger
Goal 2: Achieve universal primary education
Goal 3: Promote gender equality and empower women
Goal 4: Reduce child mortality rate
Goal 5: Improve maternal health
Goal 6: Combat HIV/AIDS, malaria, and other diseases
Goal 7: Ensure environmental sustainability
Goal 8: Develop a global partnership for development
We have great programs to make your volunteering experience with us unforgettable!