- South Africa
View Other Details
What does it include?
Accommodation. Transport from volunteer house to TCM base. Wi-fi. Hot water / Purified drinking water.
Housekeeping staff will regularly clean rooms and living areas.
Daily MiniMarket -Shop stops. A town trip into Tzaneen once a week.
Dinner is provided and cooked for you from Monday to Friday.
What’s NOT included:
Flights. Insurance, tourist visa, and needed vaccinations.
Personal expenses (e.g. medical).
Linen - bring a sleeping bag. We will provide you with a clean bedsheet, pillow &
Excursions and your transportation to, and from excursions.
On weekends you have to provide for and cook your own dinner.
Breakfast and lunch: Provide and prepare yourself.
Early mornings bring to Tshega, vibrant voices, as dust dances around people`s feet as they disembark from their taxis. The painted African sky allows the sun`s rays to tickle my shoulders. I hear the uncontained laughter of children. Today the TCM family, (staff, volunteers, missionaries, and children), has an opportunity to share love, bringing hope and joy. I know this is going to be another fabulous day!
Tshega (TCM), established in 2004, transforms the surrounding villages, by offering quality education, skills development, and outreach programs. The surrounding villages have a staggering unemployment rate of 95 %. Women and Children are left alone for months when fathers and husbands migrate to look for work. Some never return, burdening the unemployed mother to support and feed her children. In these villages, nestled in the mountains of Bolubedu in South Africa, YOU as a volunteer can make a difference!
Help us Transform lives!
Video and Photos
- * Share laughter, and love with children while you assist them in the classroom or on the sports field.
- * Comfortable Accommodation on a citrus farm. Enjoy our swimming pool and African Sunsets. (Wi-Fi & purified water incl.)
- * Our weekend excursions are next level from visiting the Kruger National Park, Zipline down waterfalls, Visiting a Hippo, Game drives, or going on the Olifantsriver in a boat.
- * Lifetime Friends - Making incredible friends with the base workers as well as people from all over the world who also come to volunteer.
- * Basadi Skills Development Program - Empowering women to become strong independent entrepreneurs. You are welcome to share skills and teachings with the ladies.
Transforming Lives - Social Impact:
Our support is holistically in the following categories:
Socially: Extra Mural Activities
Physically: Sports, Feeding scheme (basic needs)
Spiritual: Christian basis
OUR MILLENNIUM GOALS
Goal 1: Eradicate extreme poverty and hunger
Goal 2: Achieve universal primary education
Goal 3: Promote gender equality and empower women
Goal 4: Reduce child mortality rate
Goal 5: Improve maternal health
Goal 6: Combat HIV/AIDS, malaria, and other diseases
Goal 7: Ensure environmental sustainability
Goal 8: Develop a global partnership for development
We have great programs to make your volunteering experience with us unforgettable!
Yes there is a pickup and dropoff service at an additional affordable cost.