If you have a passion for sport and have played at school, uni or for a club, then you will be perfect for this placement. You can coach your sport full time or combine it with another sport. Teaching and orphanage work also available either full time, part time or as a taster day.
Volunteering takes place in the township schools of Port Elizabeth where the children would not learn sport were it not for this charity. Expect a warm, loud and songful welcome when you arrive!
Volunteers receive a good orientation before starting work and then go into the townships on the charity's minibus to coach at the schools where many of the children are vulnerable. Coaching takes place at three different schools a day, five days a week.
Sharing the volunteer house up to 40 other volunteers means that the evenings and weekends are for having some fun, like nights out for drinks and meals, 5-a-side football on a Wednesday evening and a lot of laughter at the Volunteer House too!
- Share your passion for sport with the vulnerable kids of South Africa!
- Inclusive price covering local airport transfers, accommodation, food, t-shirts, orientation, transport to work placement, some weekend excursions.
- Add-on Travel Experience seeing the rest of South Africa at certain times of the year
- Some excursions included, others available to book once there like bungee jumping, sky diving, shark cage diving, safaris...
- Combine this placement with Rugby Coaching in Swaziland, Marine Conservation in Mozambique or Wilderness Training/Experiences in South Africa!