Most Affordable & Trusted Volunteer Programs in Spain from $720 for 2 weeks

COVID-19 Program Updates

Due to global health & safety concerns and travel restrictions related to the coronavirus, International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ has decided to offer flexible booking options for some of their upcoming programs. Learn more about COVID-19 updates to stay tuned regarding program information.

Madrides Pics 1.1
Madrid, Temple de Debod
Madrid, Temple de Debod
Team Renovation Spain
Team Renovation Spain

Trusted by 110,000+ volunteers, IVHQ offers the most popular volunteer programs in Spain and 50+ other destinations around the world.

You can choose from 5 volunteer project options in Spain and give back for periods ranging from 2 to 12 weeks. Your Program Fee includes airport pick-up, orientation, accommodation, meals and 24/7 in-country support. You’ll be accommodated in a volunteer house, with other like-minded, impact-focused travelers from around the world.

IVHQ is trusted to support the meaningful adventures of thousands of volunteers every year, so before you even depart for Spain, you’ll receive outstanding personalized service from your expert Volunteer Program Manager and exclusive access to superior pre-departure volunteer training.

With IVHQ, you can expect to establish real connections within the local community while supporting projects that make a genuine difference.

• IVHQ’s Spain program is available year-round, starting on the first and third Monday of every month
  • Highly affordable program fees starting from $720 for 2 weeks - IVHQ provides the most affordable and top-rated programs
  • You’ll be joining between 5 and 20 other IVHQ volunteers who start in Spain each month
  • You’ll be traveling with IVHQ, the volunteer travel experts, and joining a network of 110,000+ volunteers. Our outstanding safety systems and track record set us apart, we are the world’s safest organization
  • Your efforts will have a positive impact because our programs are community-driven with a focus on supporting long-term local needs

Get Your Free Virtual Volunteering Course

Register in July 2020 for any IVHQ volunteer program and get a free online course in International Volunteering from the Global Travel Academy!

• Program Selection 10
  • Pre-departure Help 10
  • In-program Support 10
  • Impact on Student 10
Simone

IVHQ Spain - Barcelona

My volunteering trip to Barcelona with IVHQ has been one of the most amazing experiences of my life thus far. From the application process to the completion of my project, I received so much support from IVHQ and the local organisation ImpacTrip in Barcelona. The ImpacTrip team in Barcelona are so friendly and will go that extra step to ensure you’re having an enjoyable experience at your project. As my project was Youth Support, I had the opportunity to volunteer in a summer school. The staff at the school made me feel welcomed and part of the school. I was also able to go on excursions with them around Barcelona. My favourite part was meeting locals at my project and the other incredible volunteers. I honestly had the best time and would 100% recommend IVHQ’s Barcelona program. You won’t regret it!

The hostel is located quite far from the city. It takes at least an hour to get into the city from the hostel by metro. It would have been nicer to have stayed at a hostel closer to the city.
Geneva

Voluntourism first timer

I recently volunteered through IVHQ for the Special Needs Support project in Barcelona, Spain. I am from California, this was my first time volunteering abroad and I am so happy that I went through IVHQ! Planning the trip, the staff made it so simple to organize as a first timer. The staff was very responsive and answered my many questions. They also helped booked my flight with the third party (and with humanitarian rates). Once I arrived in Barcelona, the local contracted staff met me at the airport and in following days ensured that myself and the other volunteers were familiar with navigating the area, staying safe and overall traveled smart and in a way that was condusive for having a successful, fun trip. The project itself was so rewarding and fun! Getting to meet and work with the beneficiaries and their staff was an educational and memorable experience where we were able to make an impact. I was only there for a week but would have loved to stay longer if my schedule allowed. I would recommend going with IVHQ, there are so many locations and projects to choose from. Can't wait for my next one!

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would look into doing two separate projects over the course of multiple weeks to gain different experiences.
Xinfan

An Awesome Volunteer Trip in Barcelona, Spain

The whole experience was amazing and unforgettable. Both the program manager and the local team were always helpful, and they were very experienced in dealing with unexpected situations. Other volunteers from around the globe were passionate and dedicated, and they are some of the most incredible people I've ever met. The most rewarding part was the time spent with the disabled whom I worked with. They made me redefine the way I see people with disabilities and break some stereotypes I thought I didn't have. They expanded my way of seeing the world and made my life and sense of existence more meaningful. Besides, I also had a great time exploring the vibrant city of Barcelona. I'll definitely volunteer with IVHQ again, and I would recommend IVHQ to anyone that plans to volunteer abroad. Be open-minded and open-hearted, jump out of your comfort zone and embrace cultural differences, your experience with IVHQ will exceed your wildest expectation!

Be well prepared in advance, be open-minded and open-hearted, jump out of your comfort zone and embrace cultural differences, your experience on this program will be absolutely beyond your imagination!
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Thanks for such a lovely review, Xinfan! I'm so glad to hear you had an unforgettable experience on our program in Barcelona and enjoyed meeting all the other volunteers. It's fantastic to see how rewarding you found your Special Needs Support project too. We look forward to have you back on another IVHQ program soon. Jamie - IVHQ Program Manager.

Eunice

Youth Support Programme

IVHQ and local staffs are very efficient and helpful with the application process. Local staffs are also very welcoming and are available to assist you whenever you need help. Although the project requires some last minute planning of activities for the youths and children, the project was very meaningful and it challenges volunteers on a different level. It's a whole new experience of volunteering where you can take charge of your programmes and expose yourself to the different cultures of the country where you are volunteering in. The youths and children there are also very friendly and open to learning. One week is definitely not enough and I will certainly go for longer trips in the future. Accommodation is also clean and modern, although the location of the accommodation might require some travelling time from town. Overall, the experience was great.

More information can be given on how we can help the youths before going overseas, so as to prepare ourselves for the activities.
Cheryl

An Amazing Experience

International Volunteer HQ

I feel fortunate living in Los Angeles, California. Raising my children to be open-minded with an awareness of the world and others are values I hold dearly. IVHQ is an amazing organization that allows me to instill these values.
My values are about having a moral compass and direction. We live in a place where things can be taken for granted. With IVHQ, we found a way to define our family values through good works, and the chance to be around people from different backgrounds. For the past 2 summers my daughter and I have traveled to do community service outside the US—to see and experience the world and what it means in a different way.
Through IVHQ, my daughter (now 14) was able to choose the countries and work that interest her. My daughter, thus far, has chosen Spanish-speaking countries so she could work on her Spanish skills. She chose Ecuador and this past summer Spain. Further, after choosing the countries she wanted to travel to, she was able to choose the volunteer work. She continues to enjoy working with young children.
IVHQ gives us the opportunity to be aware of the world and the needs of others and to be humble in the face of those who don’t have the opportunities that we have.
IVHQ is a remarkable organization. It is safe and well-run. We intend to go every summer.
We highly recommend!

Cheryl and Alexa

N/a
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Cheryl - it was great to have you and your daughter volunteering in Ecuador! We look forward to having you both continue to volunteer with us in the future. Rachel - IVHQ Program Manager.

Erika

Awesome experience

My IVQH experience really left me with my eyes wide open, my mind more clear and my heart more open. At first I was kind of scared and didn‘t know what to expect, but since the first day that I arrived I had nothing but good experiences. From the accommodation, where I met wonderful people volunteering in all kind of projects and tried new and delicious food, to my volunteer placement where I not only helped and learned a lot of new things, but received so much love and gratitude from the people I was helping that made me want to stay there forever. And not to mention the free time I had after my placement where I got to know a wonderful city and an amazing culture and lived there like a local. It‘s just a wonderful experience it almost felt like a dream that I didn‘t want it to end.
Although I was satisfied and comfortable at all times, the IVHQ team were always there supporting us and available at anytime in case we needed something. I couldn‘t ask for more, IVHQ was really one of the best and most rewarding experiences I had in my life. I would totally recommend it to everyone and I would totally repeat it myself.

Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Thanks for your review Erika! It's great to hear that your time in Spain had such an impact in so many ways. We sure hope that you come back to volunteer with us again.
Meika - IVHQ Spain Program Manager

Erika

A unique experience

As I said in my review, I couldn‘t ask for more.
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Erika, thanks for your wonderful review. It's great to hear just how much you enjoyed your experience in Madrid. I look forward to having you volunteer with IVHQ again in the future. ^Mekia - IVHQ Spain Program Manager

Lena

Truly one of my Favorite Experiences so Far

I am certain I will never find the right words to describe how precious this experience was, so bear with me, my words will not do it justice. I had always wanted to do something like this and I could not be happier that I finally was actually able to. For starters, the house itself exceeded all my expectations, it couldn't´t have been better. My room was in perfect conditions, clean, roomy, comfortable, etc. the bathroom that was part of it as well. I was beyond impressed that my special dietary need were taken care of so kindly and carefully. There was not a single time when a meal was prepared that I wasn't able to eat (because of my allergies) that there wasn't a special dish made for me, the woman who made this possible always had my health in mind and was incredibly kind to me. Our house master was amazing as well, I felt comfortable with her since we first met, she was ver approachable and had answers for every nervous (and even stupid) question I made, before and during my program. Getting the chance to meet so many wonderful people really was so fulfilling, helping me get more and more perspective as time went by. My program itself was beautiful, I know I already used this word but I don't even know what else to call it. I worked with special needs adults, most of them being at least twice my age, in a day/work center. What I did was mainly serve as a companion to these sweet people, talking to them, listening to music, dancing, doing art projects, gardening, and more. Once I had been there for a couple of weeks, they knew who I was and the way their eyes lit up when I would walk into the room is something I will never forget, it's very powerful to feel like just your presence makes a difference in someone's day. It was so humbling to see that people who face all these obstacles continue to do their best and of course display a love and kindness that I had never seen. With all honesty, I loved every bit of it, it is so well organized, it's a dream.

Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Lena, thank you for your incredible review. It's amazing to see the wonderful connections you made while in Spain and I'm glad to hear how much you enjoyed your volunteer placement. I hope you will volunteer with us again in the future. ^Meika - IVHQ Italy Program Manager