Teach English! Volunteer as an English Teacher in Spain

This is a great opportunity for you to have a real teaching experience (children and adults) in an incredible European country. Students will learn about you and your country, while you learn about theirs.

You'll be asked to teach different classes and levels, children and adults, help the school administration, write articles for the school website, organize workshops or activities according to your personal skills (e.g. music, handy-crafts, sport).

What we offer:
-three hours a week of private Spanish or Basque classes (so you'll be able to communicate better and meet people!).
-accommodation with a local family, where you'll be given breakfast and free use of the kitchen.
-some excursions and day trips in the surrounding areas and cities (Pamplona, San Sebastian, natural parks, etc.)

• teaching practice
  • meet locals
  • organize creative workshops
  • learn Spanish
  • know a new culture

Curtis

Highly recommended teaching opportunity in Spanish Basque Country

I had an incredible experience with Juan and Helena. It’s beyond me how Juan managed to realize his vision of independently opening up an English school in his town, but the success of the program is of course a testament to the connection and dedication he has to his community. It was clear that Juan and Helena had been volunteers themselves as they were not only amazing teachers, but also wonderful cultural ambassadors on behalf of their community. They strove to introduce me to the surrounding area and teach me about Basque culture at every possible opportunity. In exchange I had the joy of teaching and sharing my own culture with students ranging from ages 6 to 60. During my three weeks I taught on average 12-14 hours per week which gave me plenty of free time to do as I wished outside the classroom. I had a fairly structured timetable and curriculum to orient me in my teaching, but I was also free to design the lessons accordingly. I highly recommend this experience to anyone who has a background in education and is interested in exploring the Spanish Basque Country. Cheers!

Jitske

Inspiring experience in a nice town

Last week I went to the Travellers' school of English. I didn't really know what to expect from a small English school in a small town. Elena and Juan made me feel comfortable from the start. They showed me around in Alsasua and told me the things I could do in my free time. Alsasua is a small town, but very active. On the street you always find a lot of people. I loved the Thursdays, when bars give you a small snack next to your drink. This was very tasty and a lot of people were in town.

In the Travellers' school of English I teached 4 different groups with different ages and levels. This was a nice way to get more experience while dealing with different levels. Elena and Juan make sure I felt comfortable and gave tips when needed. It was inspiring to see how much the students liked Elena and Juan and how they made the lessons fun!

Overall I recommend Travellers' school of English:)

Tom van Boheemen
Tom

Great experience teaching

In the second week of October, I went to Alsasua to teach in the Travellers school of English. It was a great experience that teached me a lot! I had the opportunity to teach both children and adults, experienced students and beginners. It was great to have that variety in class. The student were interested in different cultures and they were eager to talk to foreigners. This made a nice experience a great experience! Elena and Juan were very helpful and gave me enough room to approach lessons in my own way.

The town of Alsasua is a cosy town that was breathing with life. The people took interest in us (being foreigners) and were very friendly. Every Thursday, Friday and Saturday the bars are full of laughter. Overall I would recommend this opportunity to any English teacher that wants to have a oversea experience.

Hi!
Angelica

Lovely school and people in the Gorgeous Basque Country!

I had such an incredible experience with Juan and Elena at their school Traveller's School of English in Alsasua. I was solo travelling around Europe and was looking for a unique experience in a part of the world I hadn't been before. I stumbled upon the school and in no time I was welcomed here with open arms and taken care of so well. At the school I has the special privilege to teach several classes of students with various ages and knowledge of the English language. The work both Juan and Elena do at the school and the dedication and passion they show is so inspiring and it was an honour to be apart of this for a short period of time. On my last day in Alsasua Juan drove me to one of the beautiful mountains in the region known as Urbasa and we had a nice walk around. At the top was the most beautiful view, and where I really fell in love with the Basque country. I can only speak highly of this entire experience and if I could do it again I would stay for a much longer time as I could only stay a week (due to my travel plans). Thankyou for such a wonderful experience guys! Waiting for you both in Aus!!!

About Travellers' School of English

At Travellers’ School of English we like to think out of the box and open the school to a variety of activities and opportunities, rather than stick only to the mere language teaching. We believe learning a language shouldn’t be confined to a...