View Other Details
- Flight ticket & visa: NOT INCLUDED
WEHAF offers volunteering opportunities starting from a 1-month duration (for as long as you want) in Arusha region, Tanzania. Volunteers get involved in a wide-range of project work including women's empowerment, childcare, English teaching, mental health & psychology and working with special needs children.
We offer the following positions for students:
- social work
- project management
- Most Affordable – WEHAF’s programs are more accessible, through low fees and high-impact projects.
- Best Support – Our local team provide extensive services to assist you every step of your volunteering.
- Security as a Priority - We are always making sure that our programs are as safe as possible for the women, children, and our volunteers.
- Extraordinary Experiences – During your time here, you'll have the possibility to truly immerse yourself in amazing cultural and travel experiences, ensuring you leave with unforgettable memories.
- Friendships for Life – Your WEHAF experience not only opens up a doorway for new experiences and exciting memories, but also life-long friendships when meeting new people from around the world.
Our objectives are:
1) To increase availability of psychosocial support services to widows, children, and HIV/AIDS victims.
2) To lobby for policy changes and implementation of law and policies improving the rights of widows and children.
3) To advocate for human rights with special emphasis on the rights of children, widows, and people living with HIV/AIDS.
4) To provide legal assistance for widows, children, and HIV/AIDS victims through a legal aid clinic, advice and counseling services, and court representation.
5) To promote self-reliance and teach entrepreneurship skills to widows and people living with HIV/AIDS.
6) To promote and support community health initiatives with an emphasis on reproductive health, HIV/AIDS prevention, hygiene, and sanitation.