• Tanzania

Program Details

Summer Winter
Guesthouse Lodge
Groups
Small Group (1-15) Medium Group (16-30) Large Group (31+)
Travel Type
Budget Family Solo Women

Pricing

What's included:
-All accommodations
-Group and ground transportation, including airport pick up and drop off
-All meals and drinking water
-Epic adventures and cultural immersion activities
-Funding toward volunteer projects
What's Included
Accommodation Activities Airport Transfers Meals Transportation
What's Not Included
Airfare Travel Insurance Visa
Feb 28, 2022
Jun 22, 2022
9 travelers are looking at this program

GIVE’s Tanzania Program takes you from the tropical paradise of Zanzibar Island to the wild plains of mainland Tanzania. Volunteer in Tanzania alongside local residents to build critical infrastructure, teach fundamental English lessons and support the Tengeru Women’s Co-op; all while finding time to swim with wild dolphins in the Indian Ocean, sail over crystal clear waters, snorkel amongst vibrant coral reefs and embark on a 2-day safari through the African savannah.

After your Tanzania volunteer trip ends, climb Mount Kilimanjaro with GIVE and summit the tallest freestanding mountain in the world!

Program Highlights

• Build a primary and secondary school for community of Kairo
  • See wild lions, elephants, and giraffes on safari
  • English education
  • Swim with wild dolphins in the Indian Ocean
  • Empower local women and learn about their co-op

Faith

GIVE Tanzania Program 2022

If you didn’t know already, I went to Tanzania 🇹🇿

I was planning on writing a lengthy post about how this trip has impacted me but no words are going to do my experience any justice.

I loved every single second of my time spent in Tanzania, whether it was taking dance breaks from mixing concrete, doing sunrise yoga, laughing with my students as they tried to teach me Swahili, jamming out to music in the dolla dolla (car/bus), swimming with dolphins, or having nightly group discussions about how to be more socially aware.

I’m so thankful to have been able to experience this beautiful culture and to be accepted into the local village of Kairo with open arms and warm hearts. So, asante sana (thank you very much) to all of the guides, volunteers, and locals. I love you all and I’m so blessed to have been able to meet each and every one of you ❤️

Pros
  • The locals and guides are so energetic and fun to be around
  • Being able to make a difference in a community
  • Culture
Cons
  • Busy days means less sleep
Aleena

Can not recommend this trip enough

If I wrote out everything I want to say about my recent trip to Africa, you would be reading this review for hours. So here is my short(er) and sweet version. Going to Zanzibar for 2 weeks with Give Volunteers was easily one of the best decisions I have made in my life. The Zanzibar locals i’ve gotten to form relationships with have stressed the importance of sharing what Africa is really like and everything I have experienced with as many people as possible. There are a lot of negative stereotypes and misinformation spread about Africa, and I encourage you to check your privilege and where you are receiving information that you are using to form opinions and generalizations about a continent and the people in it. The people of Zanzibar want you to know that they are happy, CHIZI CHIZI people who are genuinely so excited about life. These individuals, and the culture they shared, have shown me what it’s truly like to live fully in the present in every moment. I have learned so much from the souls i’ve gotten the chance to know, and I am forever thankful. GIVE is a fantastic program because the locals are so involved with the program and improving and shaping it in all aspects that it needs. I have learned so much about sustainable travel, GIVE, Zanzibar, myself, and the world in general. I am so blessed to have experienced something that has opened my mind so far beyond what i thought i already knew. I left a piece of my heart in Zanzibar, and I am so thankful to have experienced something that makes me feel that way. So much love to this island and all the beautiful people i’ve gotten to know and love and treasure. I highly recommend this trip, it is something you will never understand until you experience it for yourself.

Pros
  • Education about Zanzibar
  • Connection with Locals
  • Impact on myself and others
America

GIVE Tanzania - May Review

GIVE is such an amazing company that volunteers in a truly sustainable way. I cannot recommend this experience enough! The local guides take such good care of you and really make you feel like family. The island of Zanzibar is absolutely breathtaking and getting to experience right next to the local people is just incredible.

While I was there, we worked on constructing a new store house for the local schoolhouse. I had so much fun working with the GIVE construction workers and just making memories with our GIVE group. In the afternoon, we worked in the classrooms and taught English to students. It was so amazing to watch the students pick up on a new concept or watch a light come on as you explained something that they didn’t understand at first. When we were not volunteering, we were out experiencing the local culture. We swam with dolphins, explored local food markets, swam in the most beautiful ocean and so much more! If you are on the fence about a trip to Tanzania, don't be! GIVE will take such good care of you and this experience will change your life in ways you can't even imagine!

Serena

Tanzania

If you have the opportunity to go to Tanzania, East Africa, go. This trip for me was absolutely life changing, and exactly what one needs. I was able to learn and expand my knowledge about being a global citizen, traveling with purpose, volunteering, culture, and all while having fun. You are going to meet so many amazing and wize people, so become a sponge and soak up all the experiences and life long lessons you'll learn. Ask questions to the locals and learn about their lives and culture. For example, hearing the locals stories, or how they got involved in GIVE, was inspiring. Not only do you have so much fun while volunteering, you're making a huge impact in their community. The kairo give school, gives the opportunity to everyone to gain an education and learn english. Everyday involved multiple highlights, but there were some that were both outstanding and inspiring. For example, the moment I got there the volunteers were welcomed with open arms by the locals and GIVE workers into their family, life, and culture. That is something I raley witness in my life, and it made the whole trip more memorable.To be constantly surrounded by so much happiness and love and ambition was definitely one of the best highlights. Also, to be immersed into their culture and traditions. After leaving, I created life long friendships with some of the volunteers and locals. Being in such a beautiful place, surrounded by beautiful people inside and out, and making a huge impact on their lives is something you can not pass up.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
I did not know what to expect with our meals, but the last thing I expected to be eating was goat.
Trystin

The Greatest Time of My Life

My trip to Zanzibar was the most incredible thing I have ever done. I loved every aspect of my work in Zanzibar - construction, teaching, relaxing on the beach, making dinner with locals, painting, learning Swahili. Every single thing we did on Zanzibar created a profound impact on me and my heart. There is a magic to Zanzibar that I have trouble explaining - all I can say is that you need to experience it for yourself. I am forever grateful for GIVE and this trip, and I am forever changed by my experience.

Dane

Review for GIVE Tanzania Volunteer Trip

To be honest this trip exceeded my expectations. GIVE did a fantastic job of keeping us busy with impactful projects and giving us a chance to really see how we were improving and helping the village of Kairo. I enjoyed all of the education, construction, and permaculture projects we worked on, with the permaculture projects being my favorite! All of our guides were awesome and made the trip that much better! The local people were so loving and accepting of us and just seemed very happy. This trip was life changing and the relationships I made with other people on the trip will last a lifetime!

I had such a wonderful trip with an amazing group that I cannot think of anything to improve!
Rebecca

GO HERE!!!

The island of Zanzibar and the village Kairo are such incredible experiences. Not once at any point did I ever feel unsafe, unhappy, or unsatisfied with my experience during this trip. The people you meet along the way are AMAZING, I have truly never felt more welcomed into someone else’s community. This trip meant so much to me, and it will definitely stay in my heart forever! The guides the at were with us on the trip were so knowledgeable about the area, the people, the culture, and more. You should definitely consider going on this trip, it will change your life!!

Go into it with an open mind. It is most likely very different from what you are used to at home, but being out of your comfort zone is where the most growth occurs! Take it all in, the time will fly by so fast because you’re having such an amazing trip!
Emma

Already want to go back

Going on this trip truly changed my outlook on life, as silly as that sounds, it rings true. I would recommend this trip to anyone that is at all interested. Since I have been home, I know that I have annoyed my friends and family with my nonstop chatter about this trip. But, the stories and conversations are countless. Be ready to fully immerse yourself in the culture and learn as much as you can. My favorite part of the trip was being able to learn from the locals. These people have a huge part of my heart. If you are able to go to Tanzania, do it!!!! For the more adventurous, adding on Kilimanjaro is 100% worth it. I have never done something so mentally challenging but, summiting made it all worth it. The beauty that is all-surrounding in Tanzania is breathtaking. Make sure to take everything in!

Take in every second you are given on your trip to be completely present. The trip will be over before you know it and you will have to part ways with your new-found family, so make sure you show all the love and energy you have!