Kaya Volunteer Programs in Thailand

Famous for their food, paradise islands, and bustling cities, Thailand is an incredible destination for an adventure and an experience that will stay with you forever.

Kaya Responsible Travel offer a wide variety of volunteer and internship placements, which allow you to immerse yourself in the culture, develop personal and professional skills, and give back to the community on your travels. You could work on programs such as teaching, community development, health care, animal conservation, or anti-human trafficking. The goal is to raise the living standards of the people of Thailand and to help towards the preservation of their natural resources and landscapes.

With around 1400 islands, incredible wildlife, and a huge range of volunteer projects to join, volunteering in Thailand with Kaya Responsible Travel could be the perfect place for you to experience adventure, and to travel ethically and sustainably whilst doing so.

Program Highlights
  • Paradise beaches and bustling cities
  • Support ongoing environmental and community projects and help secure a better future for Thailand's wildlife and population
  • Work in wildlife conservation at an elephant welfare site, a gibbon rescue sanctuary, or more
  • Volunteer or intern in marine conservation, and experience the amazing sea life of Thailand
  • Work in community development for vulnerable youths or children

We’ve updated our refund & cancelation policy to allow for flexible booking due to COVID-19

Book now with a low application fee of just £75/$95 on any Kaya program - and be guaranteed the lowest prices for 2021 and 2022 programs

Popular Programs

Golden Buddhas

Travel abroad this Summer with Kaya and we can ensure both fun and safe study and service program experience for you. You will spend the 4-week study portion of the program online and earn up to 6 credits for your studies at Mahidol University which is AACSB-accredited. Once done with the online study, you'll have the option to stay for 2, 4, or 6 more weeks to immerse culturally through volunteer work or internship in placements based around Chiang Mai.

Elephant squirting water on Songkran festival

Kaya has carefully developed this gap year program that you can join in Thailand. In the first 2 weeks, you will participate in a range of activities online that will keep your days busy enough while on quarantine at an approved three-star government hotel. After quarantine, you’ll now have the time to immerse into the Thai culture, do community service and enjoy excursions in Chiang Mai.

Maria

Land conservation Koh Tao Thailand

I went to Koh Tao for the land-and marine conservation program. The sign-up process was easy and the different forms you fill in shows that there is a good organization behind this company. You also have easy access by both e-mail and telephone if you would have any questions. In good time prior to departure I received a welcome pack. This contained loads of useful information, everything from country information, travel details, project details, things to think about and suggestions of what to pack. There was also important telephone numbers for both the Bangkok coordinator and the project manager at Koh Tao. My experience with Kaya is very good. Before choosing my project they answered all my questions very thorough and also gave that additional service and were willing to help out with everything. After arriving at the project Kaya checked so that I was satisfied with everything and there was also a follow-up when I got home. They have also been in contact with me since I got back home and been helping me to find a new project. I would recommend Kaya to anybody wanting to volunteer

Bry

Elephant Welfare in Surin

Upon arriving in Bangkok, I disovered my luggage had been lost. The Kaya representative helped me deal with the airlines to find out where it was and that it would take a week to get back to me. He then took me around the city to buy some clothes and such to last me a week in rural Thailand. He made what would have been a terrible time bearable. The elephant welfare project, where I was actually volunteering, was the best place ever and I am sad that I am not still there. Everday, I got to be with elephants, walking with them, swimming with them, or just appreciating them and their personalities. The volunteers would clean their shelters, cut food for them, plant food, maintain the fields, and bathe them in the river. It was the most amazing time ever.