Kaya Volunteer Programs in Thailand

Volunteer Holding Turtle Thailand
Volunteer Holding Turtle Thailand
boats on the water of Thailand
boats on the water of Thailand

Join Kaya on one of our many unique volunteer and travel programs in Thailand. We operate in a wide variety of capacities including teaching, community development, health care, animal conservation, and human trafficking. The goal is to raise the living standards of the people of Thailand and help preserve their natural resources. Volunteers typically work from 8:30am - 5:00pm with an hour for lunch and evenings to themselves to enjoy Thailand on a personal level.

Here are some of the projects we have on offer in Thailand:

- LGBTQ NGO Development Internship
- Medical Internship at a District Hospital in Chiang Mai
- Elephant Welfare Project in Eastern Mahout Communities
- Journalism Internship Reporting for Shan Communities
- NGO Development Internship in Chiang Mai
- Summer Study Abroad and Service in Thailand
- Marine Conservation

Thank you for your interest in volunteering in Thailand with Kaya. This will be an experience you won't likely forget!

Maria

Land conservation Koh Tao Thailand

I went to Koh Tao for the land-and marine conservation program. The sign-up process was easy and the different forms you fill in shows that there is a good organization behind this company. You also have easy access by both e-mail and telephone if you would have any questions. In good time prior to departure I received a welcome pack. This contained loads of useful information, everything from country information, travel details, project details, things to think about and suggestions of what to pack. There was also important telephone numbers for both the Bangkok coordinator and the project manager at Koh Tao. My experience with Kaya is very good. Before choosing my project they answered all my questions very thorough and also gave that additional service and were willing to help out with everything. After arriving at the project Kaya checked so that I was satisfied with everything and there was also a follow-up when I got home. They have also been in contact with me since I got back home and been helping me to find a new project. I would recommend Kaya to anybody wanting to volunteer

Bry

Elephant Welfare in Surin

Upon arriving in Bangkok, I disovered my luggage had been lost. The Kaya representative helped me deal with the airlines to find out where it was and that it would take a week to get back to me. He then took me around the city to buy some clothes and such to last me a week in rural Thailand. He made what would have been a terrible time bearable. The elephant welfare project, where I was actually volunteering, was the best place ever and I am sad that I am not still there. Everday, I got to be with elephants, walking with them, swimming with them, or just appreciating them and their personalities. The volunteers would clean their shelters, cut food for them, plant food, maintain the fields, and bathe them in the river. It was the most amazing time ever.