Travel and Volunteer in Thailand with Idex

Millions of tourists visit Thailand every year for leisure, cultural experiences and for enjoying its nature. The Idex programs in Thailand continue to follow our ethos of "Travel that Matters" and provide an opportunity to the travelers to have a safe, enjoyable experience that leaves them more developed than they were before the start of a trip. The way this program is designed, and delivered, leaves the travelers as well as the local communities enriched with each other’s presence.

André

Kindergarten in Thailand

First of all, people in Thailand are amazing. Friendly, kind, lovely. Second thing, the staff was very nice too.
But the kids... they we're perfect. I wish I could adopt them. They were in vacation, what was kind of bad, because I couldn't actually teach something, but I tried to compensate in playing with them. And I think I managed to do that. And I think I had more fun that them haha.
The teachers there didn't seen to take much care of the kids, so the volunteers were a welcome and necessary "oasis" for them.
The moment to say goodbye was very tough. Very. Specially because the day before there was kind of a celebration, and all the kids and teachers were together at the entrance. So I was there as usual, doing goofy stuff for the children, and one of the teachers invite me to seat at the teacher bench! They were recognizing me as one of them! That moment was very very special for me, it was when I recognized my work.
Well, lets tell the not so fun part. I had my mobile stolen by a taxi driver. The days were so hot! The kind of days you don't want to move. So the afternoons weren't very useful besides to sleeping (just avoid March/April if you could). And I mist more immersion in Thai culture, because the staff were from India mostly, plus the hot days, so I left feeling that I haven't enjoyed my free time how I should.
To end this review up, I must tell about Nittyia. THE BEST PERSON EVER. She was the woman that cleaned and cooked for us. "I take care of you" "I go to Bazil" "Nittyia love you". She is worth the trip to Chiang Mai.

More immersion in the day by day culture - maybe a Thai staff (but nothing formal, more like staff with free time and will to show us curiosities etc)
More organization (maybe because the kindergarten was in vacation the activities were kind of random, inclusive the hours worked)