Volunteer Abroad in Uganda

Volunteer in Uganda with community development organizations working on community sanitation projects, construction of schools, youth training and more. Volunteer projects include 2-3 weeks of an international group experience as well as interaction and cultural exchange with local communities.

Volunteers For Peace is a non-profit organization, founded in 1982, that offers placement in over 3000 voluntary service projects in more than 100 countries. Each year we provide almost 1,000 volunteers with invaluable opportunities to strengthen their ability to communicate in diverse groups, explore grassroots leadership opportunities, and build cultural understanding and connections around the world.

gladdest_thing

Good Overall...

My experience was good overall, although I had some complaints about my specific program (through Uganda Pioneers Association). I think this was unusual, but I was the only non-local person in my work group, which was nice in some ways but a little isolating. Pretty much everyone in the group was frustrated with the lack of a clear schedule, changes in plans, etc. Our work came out fine but we all felt we could have accomplished more with a little more organization and guidance. Go with an open mind and a willingness to take on some leadership yourself and it will be great!

About Volunteers For Peace (VFP)

Volunteers For Peace (VFP) is a U.S. based non-profit organization that operates within the global networks of the Coordinating Committee for International Voluntary Service (CCIVS), Service Civil International (SCI) and the Alliance of European...