Volunteer Abroad in Vietnam with Volunteers for Peace

Volunteers For Peace is a non-profit organization, founded in 1982, that offers volunteer adventures in more than 100 countries. Our volunteer projects in Vietnam are very affordable and encompass a range of work and locations throughout this beautiful country.

We offer short term projects which typically last for 3 weeks and long term projects which allow our volunteers to stay for up to one year in the community. Choose from a selection of volunteer work including teaching English to school children, environmental conservation in a biosphere reserve park, public health, or micro-finance work for local NGOs. All accommodation, food, work materials, and project leadership is included in our costs.

Whether you have one week or one year, feel free to contact us and we can help you plan an amazing volunteer adventure in Vietnam.

I checked their site and it appears that they accept and encourage volunteers of all ages to help out! Here's the link for information on volunteering as an adult: https://vfp.org/volunteering-as-an-adult/

Charles

Awesome Experience Meeting People Doing Community Service

Volunteering abroad with VFP was one of the greatest experiences in my entire life so far! I went to countries and visited cultures that were new to me. I met incredibly inspirational people. I felt that I really made a difference. The work was so rewarding and fun. At one site, we restored the pathway inside a large rose garden around a museum made from a palace that was abandoned during the communist period. The other site was a huge farm that needed help harvesting strawberries! The work was Monday through Friday for about 6 hours. On weekends we were able to go to site seeing in nearby cities. I made friends from Holland, Japan, England, Germany, New Zealand, and many other parts of the world. If you want a well-run program like this, then choose VFP.org.

It was awesome! There was little to improve. The facility was reasonably comfortable. The food was fresh every day. We took turns cooking and serving meals that we ate together as we got to know each other through conversations.
Sonam

Vietnam- Agent Orange

Volunteered with children who had Agent Orange. They required a lot of care to be provided to them on a daily basis. I remember a little boy whose head and body were twice or thrice the size of his legs and had to kneel on his knees the entire day, everyday. It was very painful to see. I'd recommend this programme especially to medical students who may be more well-aware on how to handle and love the children. It was really difficult for me, not having the experience needed so all I really did was to show my affection, feed them and sing to them. I guess that helped soothe their pains as well.

Hannah

Highly Recommended!

Volunteering in Vietnam, through VFP, was a great decision for me. In two weeks, I was able to help entertain handicapped children in an orphanage, make books for blind children, and teach English. Also, I lived in a volunteer house with local and foreign volunteers. We were all able to explore together and hang-out at the end of the day. I highly recommend volunteering in Vietnam through VFP.

Even though I loved my experience, I didn't end up doing the kind of work that was in the program description. So, make sure you come with a flexible attitude!