Volunteer Abroad in Vietnam

Volunteer Abroad in Vietnam

Volunteers For Peace is a non-profit organization, founded in 1982, that offers volunteer adventures in more than 100 countries. Our volunteer projects in Vietnam are very affordable and encompass a range of work and locations throughout this beautiful country.

We offer short term projects which typically last for 3 weeks and long term projects which allow our volunteers to stay for up to one year in the community. Choose from a selection of volunteer work including teaching English to school children, environmental conservation in a biosphere reserve park, public health, or micro-finance work for local NGOs. All accommodation, food, work materials, and project leadership is included in our costs.

Whether you have one week or one year, feel free to contact us and we can help you plan an amazing volunteer adventure in Vietnam.

Asia » Vietnam
1 Year+
VFP's placement fee is always $500 ($650 if you are under 18 years old) and must be paid at the time of registration. (If we can't place you we refund the full fee!) Your registration covers placement, food, accommodation and work materials for your program. Volunteers arrange and pay for their own transportation to and from the project. Projects taking place in the developing world often require an additional fee in the range of $50-$500 payable to our partners upon arrival.

I checked their site and it appears that they accept and encourage volunteers of all ages to help out! Here's the link for information on volunteering as an adult: https://vfp.org/volunteering-as-an-adult/

Sonam
Singapore

Vietnam- Agent Orange

Volunteered with children who had Agent Orange. They required a lot of care to be provided to them on a daily basis. I remember a little boy whose head and body were twice or thrice the size of his legs and had to kneel on his knees the entire day, everyday. It was very painful to see. I'd recommend this programme especially to medical students who may be more well-aware on how to handle and love the children. It was really difficult for me, not having the experience needed so all I really did was to show my affection, feed them and sing to them. I guess that helped soothe their pains as well.

Hannah
CA
California State Polytechnic University- Pomona

Highly Recommended!

Volunteering in Vietnam, through VFP, was a great decision for me. In two weeks, I was able to help entertain handicapped children in an orphanage, make books for blind children, and teach English. Also, I lived in a volunteer house with local and foreign volunteers. We were all able to explore together and hang-out at the end of the day. I highly recommend volunteering in Vietnam through VFP.

Even though I loved my experience, I didn't end up doing the kind of work that was in the program description. So, make sure you come with a flexible attitude!

Volunteers For Peace (VFP) is a U.S. based non-profit organization that operates within the global networks of the Coordinating Committee for International Voluntary Service (CCIVS), Service Civil International (SCI) and the Alliance of European Voluntary Service to provide meaningful cross-cultural engagement opportunities to thousands of