Are you looking for an opportunity to give-back your much-needed medical and healthcare skills, while growing your global perspective on medicine? You can with International Volunteer HQ, the world’s most affordable and top-rated volunteer abroad provider.
As an IVHQ medical volunteer, you’ll have the opportunity to learn from and work with local staff at the frontline of promoting better health and wellbeing outcomes to communities where healthcare is limited or difficult to obtain.
International Volunteer HQ has over 10 years experience organizing medical missions trips for qualified healthcare practitioners, aspiring medical professionals and pre-med, pre-health and pre-nursing students.
While the scope of medical volunteer work depends on your specific experience and qualification levels, you’ll be supporting access to basic medical care and resources, hygiene campaigns and health education which enables people to live longer, happier and more productive lives.
Volunteers can be placed in several different settings - including hospitals, clinics, assisted living homes, special needs facilities and home care - and are assigned according to their qualifications, interest, and country. Projects include working with HIV/AIDS patients, working on public health campaigns, assisting local doctors, caring for the elderly and more. No matter which project you participate in, you'll be making a huge impact on the needs of the community.
Below is a list of 5 of the 20 countries that we offer medical programs in. The rest can be found on our Medical and Health page.
- Costa Rica: Pre-med, nursing and medical students, as well as medical professionals, have the opportunity to gain a first-hand insight into the healthcare system in Costa Rica while supporting local professionals in a cross-cultural exchange of knowledge
- India - Delhi: Based in one of the fastest growing countries in the world, the Delhi Health project offers qualified medical professionals, and those studying towards a medical or nursing qualification, the opportunity to shadow well-respected physicians who are passionate about sharing their knowledge and expertise
- Ghana: In rural Ghanian communities there is a shortage of trained medical professionals to provide basic healthcare services and therefore volunteer support is always appreciated. If you are a qualified medical or nursing professional, or have completed at least 2 years of training, this project will be a great fit!
- Peru: Medical volunteers based in Cusco support a diverse range of under-funded placements and extra hands provide support to local medical professionals. This project is open to pre-medical, medical and nursing students, as well as qualified professionals
- Zambia: Medical and nursing students, as well as qualified professionals, are placed in low-income communities where healthcare is neither easily accessible or affordable and give assistance to grateful local medical professionals.