An amazing opportunity to get involved with the conservation of endangered species at Imire in Zimbabwe - a world-renowned black rhino breeding centre. Your focus is on the project's 11 rhinos, three elephant and two cheetah. You are based at Imire, a 10,000 acre family-owned conservancy, where you will get hands-on experience with anti-poaching activities, rhino and cheetah research projects, wildlife monitoring and game park management.
Volunteers experience day to day life on an African game reserve and contribute to the long term conservation of endangered African animals. Learn about four of Africa’s Big 5 game - lion, elephants, rhinos and buffalos, plus cheetah and a huge range of plains game including giraffe, zebra, sable, kudu, waterbuck and wildebeest. This project is truly an animal-lovers paradise.
During your spare time you can enjoy horse safaris, hiking, canoeing and fishing, plus camp-outs in the bush under amazing African skies.
- A unique opportunity to live and work alongside two of Africa's most iconic species - the rhino and elephant
- Monitor the project's cheetah and study their behaviour, hunting methods and success.
- Get involved with anti-poaching and the security of the conservancy.
- Learn to identify the tracks and signs of wild animals, and understand mammal behaviour
- Experience the local community and culture as you work in the local school and visit rural villages