An amazing opportunity to get involved with the conservation of the endangered Black Rhino at a world-renowned black rhino breeding centre in Zimbabwe. You will be based at a 10,000 acre family-owned conservancy, where you will get hands-on experience with anti-poaching activities, rhino and elephant research projects, wildlife monitoring and game park management.
Experience day to day life on an African game reserve and contribute to the long term protection of endangered African animals, focusing on rhinos and elephants. Learn about four of Africa’s Big 5 game - lion, elephants, rhinos and buffalos, as well as a huge range of plains game including giraffe, zebra, sable, kudu, waterbuck and wildebeest. This project is truly an animal-lovers paradise.
During your spare time you will have the opportunity to enjoy horse safaris, hiking, canoeing and fishing, as well as enjoying camp-outs in the bush under the amazing African skies.
- A unique opportunity to live and work alongside two of Africa's most iconic species - the rhino and elephant
- Immerse yourself in daily conservancy life as you get involved in everything the reserve has to offer
- Experience the local community and culture as you work in the local school and visit rural villages
- Learn to identify the tracks and signs of wild animals, and understand large mammal behaviour
- Form close relationships with animals and people and make new friends for life