GapForce Australia Adventure

GapForce Australia Adventure

Join one of our groups for an action-packed 7 week tour combining travel & adventure with volunteering on Australia’s famed East Coast. Your journey begins in the awesome city of Sydney before heading north to Brisbane via the legendary Byron Bay. You’ll spend 2 weeks volunteering on an environmental conservation project, a great way to give back to this amazing country, before continuing north into Queensland.

Sailing on the Whitsunday islands, 4 x 4 jeep rides on Fraser Island and snorkelling the Great Barrier Reef are just some of the highlights. Your epic adventure ends with a week in Cape Tribulation, a stunning paradise where the reef meets the rainforest!

For those looking to stay on and work in Australia, why not add on our optional visa & work assistance package to set you on your way!

Oceania » Australia » Sydney
Oceania » Australia
Program Tags
Adventure Travel
Primary Language
What is included: Pre-departure briefing and support, Airport pick-up, Gapforce Leader, Local guides and support staff, Welcome and orientation briefing, All accommodation, All tours on itinerary, Project donation, Meals listed in itinerary, Social activities, 24/7 UK emergency back-up, T-shirt

Michael
United Kingdom
Leeds Metropolitan University

Fun down under

An amazing seven week trip going up the east coast of Australia. This 7 week trip allowed 12 strangers (unfortunately mainly American) to bond and become great friends whilst doing unbelievable activities which have created lifelong memories. Personal highlights include skydiving in cairns (a must do for anyone on the trip), the overnight boat trip to the Whitsunday Islands and snorkelling the Great Barrier Reef.

Michael Milner’s tip: Goon.

Conservation could be more organised and worthwhile.

Ryan

An Amazing Trip!

An amazing trip! The people were amazing! The places were amazing! I really enjoying Magnetic island and Fraser Island as there were beautiful places to visit on those islands as well as the people there. The animals over in Australia were spectacular with parrot fish, Turtles, kangaroos, wallabies. My favourite animal over there has to be the koala as they are incredibly cute. The program staff on our trip were really nice and great leaders as well.

If there were more activities filled in the last week

Anna

Australia

I enjoyed the trip very much and I saw some amazing sights and had some unforgettable experiences. I particularly enjoyed the Blue Mountains hike and Byron Bay was a fun seaside town that I would definitely like to return to at some point. The destinations never failed to disappoint and the leaders were lovely and were able to help me whenever I had a query about the trip. The hostel experience was unique and really fun to be around friends all the time. The volunteer weeks were tough but overall they were rewarding.

Organisation of hostels and some activities and the volunteering was quite different to what was described on the trip info

Betse

Crikey mate

Overall my experience was amazing. I could not have asked for a better group of people to spend 7 weeks with and I feel like this trip really helped me grow a bit. I feel like I’ve learned so much about different different people that live in different places. The activities were unbelievabley cool and this country was breathtaking. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a trip across the world to leave home for a bit and meet amazing people and make many memories that will last forever.

Conservation needed more organization and the staff could have been nicer. More activities should be planned throughout the trip. We spent a lot of time doing nothing. We should also be informed more about budgeting and how much money we were actually gonna spend.

Cara
University of Vermont

I like turtles

Overall it has been a good trip to Australia. There have been tons of beautiful views and sights. There has been lots of hiking and walks. The conservation work was rewarding both personally and for the environment. Get ready for many beautiful beaches and bodies of water. Some waters you cannot go due to crocodile exposure but all water is gorgeous. Cool wildlife all around. Many birds and many bats

Spend less time in cairns and more time in the cooler places like bryon bay

Olga

a journey of enlightenment

my month in Australia will leave a lasting mark on my heart eternally, the experience allowed me to learn so much about myself and my individual needs, through this experience I have also met some of the most incredibly kind-hearted people that will be friends for life. The experience has led me to question whether to do further long-term travel rather than to rush to university as I met many people who were so passionate about their work which made me question what I wanted to truly achieve in my life and to explore further options. The places we visited were unreal and I would re-do the whole experience in a heart-beat.

Not a bad way to experience Australia for the first time. The people were great, the experiences even greater. 10/10 would recommend. Mystifyingly ethereal journey of self-enlightening majesty and other-worldly locations with surreal vistas, magical fauna and floral, and the kangaroos were especially great. although getting sick kinda sucked, and the booster shots in the butt were a outof place bummer in an otherwise fantastically magical quest to the land down under.

More time in Byron Bay and Noosa, more scheduled activities.

Roman
United states
Rutgers University

Priceless experience

Going to Australia was one of the greatest experiences of my entire life. Visiting the Blue Mountains, Whitsundays and the great barrier reef were unreal. I had a fantastic time hanging out with my group as by the end of the trip we had all become good friends. Our tour guide also did a stellar job as she was incredibly easy going and a overall pleasure to be around. I did so many things that it could not all be summed up into one review. I highly recommend doing this trip as I will never forget the experiences I had.

Michael
USA
University of Maine- Orono (main campus)

Great trip

Australia was an unreal trip. Everyone that was in our group was cool and the tour leader jamii was really fun to be around and also very prepared and had everything under control the whole time. I came a little late because I booked my flight too late but everything got sorted in the end and I joined the group in Byron bay that was really cool. Just the whole vibe of the trip was great everyone was so nice all the time. I'm definitely going to be visiting Australia again very soon!

Conservation work could be more involved instead of planting a few trees and calling it good.

Emma
United Kingdom
Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama

The Most Beautiful Place on Earth

I had a great time in Australia. The experiences and memories will remain with me for the rest of my life. Our tour leader, Jamii, was amazing - she was great company, enthusiastic and helped the group gel, relax and have fun. Australia is special for many reasons - we saw some incredible sunsets, beaches, wildlife and night skies full of stars. Some highlights were snorkelling the Great Barrier Reef, exploring Fraser Island in 4 x 4 cars, surfing and a hike to the Blue Mountains. I very much enjoyed my trip and I would recommend GapForce to everyone.

Megan
England

Australia

I have just completed four weeks in Australia with gap force and it was one of the best experiences of my life. Our leader Jamii was amazing and made the trip. She looked after us all so well and found lots of fun activities for us to do. Throughout the four weeks we had so many incredible experiences including sky diving, going to frazer island and sailing the whitsundays to name but a few. The other people on the trip were amazing and we have made friends for life with people all over the world.

Cerys
England

Once in a lifetime experience

Just been on the April gapforce tour for 4 weeks, it was absolutely amazing had so much fun and did so many actitivies and made friends for life. The leader jamii was amazing and more like a big sister and she had really good ideas and suggestions of activities to do, she really made the trip even better! I loved exploring the east coast and doing a wide range of activities and amazing things like stargazing on the overnight cruise and swimming in tea tree lakes in Fraser Island. It was such a good trip I'd recommend it though anyone who was interested.

Zoe
Birmingham

Australia Adventure January 2017

I've just returned from the four week Australian Adventure, and have had the most fantastic month of my life! Having arrived in Sydney a couple weeks prior to the beginning of the trip I was able to settle down before meeting my group and jumping straight into activities and adventures. All of the activities made available to me were of fantastic quality and excitement and I couldn't have asked for a more exciting programme itinerary. My group leader, Felicity, was also such a fantastic and helpful character who was willing to help in any way possible to ensure we had the most amazing adventure. Overall, I had such a fantastic time and would highly recommend this to anybody else who is not sure if travelling alone is something they'd be interested in or feel comfortable with, or just fancies being in a group of amazing travellers!

Emily
London

Incredible trip with Ozforce

I have recently returned from a short stint in Australia. I arrived in September to be greeted by the rep of OzForce, at the time Bec. She was so helpful and was always there when we needed here. The first 2 weeks she introduced us into Sydney life and showed us the ropes. Without her guidance I dont think my friend and I would have had such a good time during our 4 months over there. Having known people who tried to go about doing it themselves it seemed alot easier with OzForce. Through OzForce I met some awesome people who I actually ended up living with in Bondi and travelling with in Australia. Bec helped me throughout my time in Australia and I was always in contact with her, as were the boys I was with, when travelling letting her know my next stop and my plans. I met some incredible people through my trip to Australia and my OzForce experience. If I was to do it all over again I wouldnt change a thing!!

Patrick
London
London School of Economics

Ozforce was amazing!! So much fun!!

Travelling Australia was amazing and definitely worth it!!! Going up the East Coast was the best part and the people I met were incredible!! The sites were amazing and so much to do!! Never a dull moment and the 6 weeks in Australia were incredible and you can stay on for longer as well making it worthwhile!!

Improve the coordination with the Gapforce employees as the ozforxe company were amazing and so helpful!!

Gapforce is a leading provider of structured Gap Year programs and summer opportunities overseas. The wide range of global adventures includes marine conservation, wildlife protection, community volunteering & healthcare, extreme expeditions, leadership training, working holidays, internships, sport coaching, ski instructor and leadership training.

For over