Wanderlust Au Pair China Program

Wanderlust Scholarship

As part of our mission, Wanderlust Exchange is keen to make intercultural exchange program accessible to as many youngsters as possible.
Scholarship is available for all Wanderlust Exchange programs.
Please visit our scholarship wesbsite for details.

Wanderlust Au Pair China Program integrates educational travel, Mandarin learning, childcare and English tutoring together for overseas youngsters to experience China with an authentic touch by staying with Chinese host families.

By offering 30 hours of live-in childcare and English teaching per week, you have an opportunity to explore Chinese culture through weekly Mandarin classes, culture immersion activities held by Wanderlust and your day-to-day colorful life with your host family.

We are culture enthusiasts, we love different languages, we love the tenderness in your eyes when you see children's smile. Fundamentally, we love what we do: helping you go through an off-beat experience that could potentially change your life.

Find your second home in China!

Program fee: 0 $

• Experience authentic Chinese culture through living with a host family!
  • Flight stipend up to 1800 USD
  • Mandarin course paid by your host family
  • Monthly culture activities
  • Scholarship up to 1300 USD for TEFL certified participants!

Hello Joanna, Thank you for your question and interest in Wanderlust Au Pair China Program. I would like to answer your questions in three aspects: how au pairs can get ready for their trip to China; what support they will have from Wanderlust; what's to be expected of your daily life with the host family. In regards to how au pairs can get themselves prepared for the trip to China, here are some...

Jennifer

6 months as an Au Pair

I love Shanghai and would not trade this experience for the world! It is not for someone who's intentions are to travel the world and not be willing to put in the work. Get ready to have your patience tested and to be put in uncomfortable situations. These things have helped me grow so much as a person. Being an au pair means being able to be spontaneous and sometimes you probably will feel very confused on what you're supposed to do. But don't worry! If you have any questions or ANY concerns Wanderlust helps with all communication barriers you might have with your family. They work very hard to help you settle into Shanghai upon arrival and will try to help you feel comfortable through meeting the other au pairs immediately! I've learned to really care about my host kid and the family, you will definitely create bonds that are unforgettable with the people you meet :)

Could be clearer about what's expected from an au pair, but it's different for every family! You just have to talk it through before arrival.
Elisa

For those who want to see the world

How many people are out there sharing the same thought: ‚I want to see the world!‘ Maybe they just finished high school and want to spend some time exploring more places before starting university, or they are just looking for a new adventure and want to spend some time abroad, doing something different. I was one of these persons. After finishing high school I just wanted to grab my bags and go see the world.
But with going to see the world there comes a lot of stuff to organize. Where am I going? What am I doing there? Where do I get the money from? What if I get lonely, all by myself? Who has my back there, if anything goes wrong or I need some help? All these questions arise when you plan to go on a big journey by yourself. There is an answer to all these questions.
If you are reading this review, you are probably already considering to go to China. You probably already informed yourself at least a bit about this country. So I will just skip the part of telling you how amazing China is and how many opportunities and beautiful things this country has to offer. I will just skip telling you about the kind people you can meet here, the unbelievable amount of good food and the funny language, definitely worth learning!
In fact I will just skip the question of where you should go, but come to the next point, that will answer all the following questions.

When I thought about what I wanted to do, I asked myself what priorities I have for my big journey. I didn’t just want to see the culture, but experience it. I didn’t just want to listen to the language, but learn it. I didn’t just want to watch the people, but talk to them, get to know them, live with them.
I did some research back then and all my concerns seemed to have a solution with the one thing: being an au pair.
As an au pair you can enjoy and experience the country to the fullest. So in the next step I looked for a suitable program for me and this is how I found out about Wanderlust Exchange China.
With this program I you can have everything at once. I lived with a chinese family in Beijing. My duty was it to take care of their son and help him learn and improve his English which was a lot of fun and a great experience. Combining the work with children with travelling a country is probably one of the best things I could have done. Being a part of a chinese family gives you a whole new vision of China and its culture. There are so many things you can never understand about this country if you don’t take the step to make the decision to actually live here. Besides the normal daily life, the host family also took me on several weekend trips and holidays to show me more of China. And as we all know, travelling a country with locals is always a great thing, as they can tell and show you so many more things, you never would have known, travelling by yourself.
Another unique thing about this program and being an aupair in China was that I could attend Mandarin classes and learn the language myself. It was amazing for me to see myself suddenly understanding what people around me were talking about, if it was just at home or even in the streets.
Moreover there were monthly cultural activities included in the program, like cooking traditional chinese food and stuff. That’s how you got in touch with many other au pairs which- if needed or not- made you not feel lonely. I always enjoyed these meetups as it is always great to have someone to talk to who is experiencing just the same as you are.

To sum up, with this program I had an answer to all my questions. I am so grateful for the opportunity I was given to experience China to the fullest and I can recommend it to anyone who is open to something completely new and looking for an adventure out there.

Response from Wanderlust Exchange

Dear Elisa,

How nice to hear from you and read your sharing about your experience in being an aupair in China!

It is so delightful for us to know that after this program, all your questions have been answered and you find this journey meaningful as much as enjoyable.

We also glad to see that your aupairing experience had been enriched by wonderful trips with host family as well as other family activities.

It's so good to know that you enjoyed monthly cultural activities and most of all, your Mandarin has been improved during your stay as well!

It was also a great time for us having you as one of our aupairs!

We wish you all the best for your future journey!

Elizabeth

Meaningful and Impactful Volunteer Experience with Wanderlust!

I had a wonderful experience volunteering through Wanderlust in Shanghai and hope others consider this as an option as they look for volunteer/abroad programs. As a young professional with a couple of months off from work, I was looking for a program that was both flexible with timing and impactful. When I came across Wanderlust's Orphanage program I was really excited by both the mission and the flexibility (ability to volunteer for 2-4 weeks vs. 2-4 months). The Wanderlust Program team was so patient and helpful as I navigated the application process and eventually arrived in China. Since I had some Chinese language background and had previously studied abroad in Shanghai, I was already culturally adjusted to living in China, but the Wanderlust team made it even more special by providing me with an additional community of volunteers and au pairs to get to know. The overall volunteer experience was really great. I spent three weeks with an orphanage located in a children's hospital in Shanghai. The staff at the orphanage were absolutely amazing, so kind, welcoming, and really cared about the children. While I was volunteering I mostly assisted with teaching one of the kids English, I also had the opportunity to join in on art and music classes with the other children. Overall, just a fantastic experience and I would have never known about it if I hadn't found Wanderlust. I hope to go back and volunteer again in the future!

Response from Wanderlust Exchange

Dear Elizabeth,

Thank you so much for your lovely words and sharing your experience in volunteering in Shanghai.

It is such a pleasure to have an aupair like you, who is passionate about Chinese culture and gave so much love to those children in need.

We are happy for you that you enjoyed this experience.

We wish you every success in the furture!

Salomé

5 month as an aupair

I stayed 5 months as an au pair in Shanghai, this was for me a wonderful experiences that made me mature, living with the Chinese family allowed me to be in total immersion in the country's culture. , there is occasionally misunderstanding between me and the family, but the agency has always been there if ever I had a problem. I was educated at the "Mandarin House" which is a very good school with a very good atmosphere and a remarkable quality of work, the other good point that I appreciated are the cultural outings with the other au pairs of the agency every month . It was for me a big change in my life, I had good as less good time, but I would recommend this experience to everyone, It is very enriching . And I can not wait to return in china to see the host family with whom I created strong links!

Nothing come in my mind for this , everything is good with this program.
Response from Wanderlust Exchange

Dear Salomé,

It is so great to hear from you and thank you so much for sharing your experience here.

We are glad to know that you enjoyed those activities and had a wonderful time in China during your aupairing and develop a strong link withh host family.

You are always welcome back.

We wish you all the best!

Arlin

China changed my life

In the other side of the world there are million of possibilities, and reasons that make us feel excited and nervous, maybe because we know that China will change something in us. Between millions of people we open our eyes, learning and trying to understand thousands of random things that happen everyday. I am Arlin Medrano, I am Mexican, and China changed my life. Not only because I have more stamps in my passports or because I know now how to use chopsticks, and say 你好 but because I find an ancient culture that have been in earth for centuries having also the most advanced Tecnology in the world, between an old temple and a crystal tower I understand that China is about contrast.

I life in Shanghai with two beautiful kids that make my life more beautiful, and my experience of adaptability more easy. In this four months I had been traveling to Singapore, Maldives, Hong Kong, South Korea and Japan. This have been not just learning about China but a important part of Asia, I have been traveling with my family and by myself. This is more than a trip, is a part of your life you will tell with a deep breath.

Thanks Wanderlust.

Be more close to the Aupairs and plan more fun activities.
Response from Wanderlust Exchange

Dear Arlin,

Your message is such a pleasure for us to read!

We are so delighted that you find this journey means so much to you and, on the top of that, you enjoyed your stay in China.

It's absolutely a great pleasure for us to have you as one of our aupairs!

We wish you all the best in your future adventure!

Tori

Au pairing in Chongqing

Overall my experience has been great! I love the family I’m with. They are all so nice and welcoming!! The 4 year old boy I work with is very cute and sweet! Also, I love Chongqing! It is a beautiful city with some really cool tourist spots.
The first month I was here it was very difficult. There are not many people in Chongqing that speak English so that can be a challenge. Another thing I needed to adjust to was the food. There are some different types of food so make sure you are open to different flavors and styles. For me, my time here became a lot better, once I met people my own age and began spending time with them.
I have had a lot of new experiences and I have learned so much! I am very happy with my decision to come here with this family.

There should be a starting seminar to meet other au pairs as soon as you arrive.
Response from Wanderlust Exchange

Dear Tori,

It's very nice to hear from you and how glad we are to know that you enjoyed the time staying with host family in Chongqing!

It's also good to know that you experienced something new and learned from them at the same time.

It's such a pleasure for having you as one of our aupairs!

We wish you all the best!

Kind regards,

Cheng

3 Months in Beijing

In my final weeks as an Au Pair, I now look back and realize how quickly 3 months has went by and how much I have experienced during my time in Beijing. It is true when they say time passes quickly when you are having fun, and I felt that was the case here.

I enrolled in this program with the intention of improving my Chinese while gaining more experience teaching English, and I can say I have accomplished both of these tasks.I found the Mandarin classes to be extremely helpful in navigating through daily tasks, as the textbook introduced many practical situations that were relevant to the outside world. For me my class was one on one with my teacher who was very informative in teaching me about the Chinese culture and clarifying how to say phrases or words that I was curious about in Chinese.

The highlight of the program would have to be the opportunity to live with a host family, who made me feel at home, provided me with my own room and the most delicious three meals of Chinese food every single day. I was always hesitant of eating outside because I was afraid of missing out on the delicious homemade dishes from the host chefs. After three months, I can confidently say the names of many food ingredients, sauces, and dishes in Chinese, where if I were to go buy ingredients in a supermarket I would be able to communicate what I need in Chinese.

Living under the same roof as the host kids does create a more intimate relationship, as I felt more like an older brother rather than an English tutor. My three host kids, a 5 year old girl, 3 year old boy, and 1.5 year old boy are absolutely adorable, each with their own distinct personalities and traits. Although initially trying to get the kids to focus and follow directions is an incredibly big challenge, once they warmed up to me, then it becomes all fun and games! Everyday was a new learning opportunity, as I often found myself experimenting with different activities to keep the kids motivated and engaged. I actually thought the learning experience was mutual, where even though I taught the kids English, I also learned a lot of Chinese just from the daily interactions with the kids.

As far as support goes, the WAC staff is incredibly helpful in offering their support in any problems you may encounter, whether it is with renewing visas or adding additional Mandarin classes. The cultural activities they plan were extremely enjoyable, as it gives an opportunity to meet other Au Pairs and introduce another aspect of Chinese culture!

Overall, this has been an enjoyable and eye opening experience and I highly recommend it if you enjoy working with kids and are looking for an opportunity to learn more about the Chinese culture while living with a host family!

More opportunities to connect with other Au Pairs like possibly additional cultural activities each month.
Response from Wanderlust Exchange

Dear Cheng,

Thank you so much for sharing your story here! It is such a delight to know that you enjoyed a great time in China and most importantly, both of your intentions have been accomplished through this adventure. We are also so proud of you for your great progress in Mandarin learning and feel happy for you for your lovely time with the host family too.

You have done such a wonderful work both for yourself and the Chinese family. It is also a great pleasure for us to have you au paired with us and the days being with you means as much to us as it does to you.
Thanks again for choosing Wanderlust Exchange! We wish you all the best!

Sheridan

An INCREDIBLE three months!

I've spent 3 months as an au pair with a lovely family in Shanghai.
From the moment I arrived I was treated like family and made to feel extremely welcome.
My family were very flexible and I had an abundance of free time to relax or venture into the city centre, however I frequently chose to spend my free time with them as I enjoyed their company. My two host boys, 4 and 9 years old, were gorgeous. Playing with them was no trouble at all, but getting them interested in practicing their English wasn't an easy task. My living standards throughout were incredible, my host family's house was beautiful and I had my own room and bathroom. They also took me on holiday with them for 1 month in Northern China, which was of course incredible. Living with a host family is definitely the best way to truly immerse in the culture, as you simply can't escape it- the food, language, mannerisms, traditions. Hazel and Lisa from Wanderlust were always fast and effective to respond anytime I needed assistance. Their monthly cultural activities were great, and offered a great platform to meet the other au pairs. I chose to take my mandarin classes online as we went on holiday for so long, so I can't vouch for the quality of the used language school, but I can certainly say that if you want to learn Chinese this is a fantastic way to do it. After learning Chinese for only 3 months in China, I can now have conversations with locals. Overall, my experience au pairing with Wanderlust has been impeccable. I have learnt so much, more than I could ever have learnt in a classroom. It has felt like one big family holiday. I'm grateful beyond words for these 3 months I've had in China!

The cultural activities were great, would love to have had even more!
Response from Wanderlust Exchange

Dear Sheridan,

We are SO delighted to hear from you here, knowing that you enjoyed a wonderful time in China! We feel happy for you having so much fabulous adventure with your host family and It is also good to know that you have made such a great progress in Chinese.

It is such a pleasure for us to have you as one of our au pairs. We wish you all the best on your future adventure!

Massimo

Baby's home teaching experience.

I had a priceless experience with Daisy, Min and the amazing kids of Shanghai's Baby Home. I will never forget the amazing people I met. More than anything I feel extremely grateful to have gotten the chance to meet these children and the staff. This experience will definitely shape my future life and has made me eternally grateful for everything I had growing up. I had a lot of fun with the kids and other volunteers while I was there and I would definitely recommend this experience.

Response from Wanderlust Exchange

Dear Massimo,

Thanks for sharing your story with us. We are so delighted that you had a great time volunteering in Shanghai’s Baby Home. We believe children there enjoyed the time with you as much as you do. Your efforts have lit up their life.

It is a great pleasure to have you as one of our volunteers!

All the best,

Ed

Very rewarding and challenging (in a good way!)

Picking my bag up from the bag carousel in Pudong airport and heading towards the arrivals hall, I was very much unsure what to expect about my 3 months in China with Wanderlust Exchange. It was my first time in mainland China – and the first day of my new life in China. A new job, family, language, city, country and culture awaited me the other side of the sliding doors.

With my time in Shanghai nearly finished, it is only now that I realise how much I have experienced and seen in the last few months. In my first few days, I saw much of Shanghai with Lisa, Wanderlust’s brilliant and very lovely intern, on the orientation course. Seeing many of the major sights (the Bund, Peoples’ Square, and the Pudong skyline) and the inner city with someone a bit more native to the place than myself helped me feel far more comfortable with the sheer scale of the city. Even though I have visited many of the world’s most influential cities (London, Paris, New York), none of them could quite prepare me for the size of Shanghai, which has roughly 3 times more people than London! Therefore being able to explore with someone who spoke the local language and could explain many of the customs and traditions was invaluable – and the continued support of Wanderlust has meant that slowly but surely I have begun to understand more and more of this huge city and this historic country, although I will be the first to admit I have only scraped the surface.

The monthly cultural activities arranged by the agency for all the au-pairs have also been great for discovering more of China – we have all had a great time bonding over our various abortive attempts at the venerable art of Chinese calligraphy, as well as our unique contributions to the Shanghai paper cutting tradition. These activities have not only been great for learning about Chinese culture, but also for bonding with the other au-pairs from around the world over our shared experiences and challenges of life in China – in the process not only learning about China, but about places all over the world. Both during these cultural activities and in our spare time it has been great to meet so many of the au-pairs and form such a close community with them. Sometimes it’s good just to be able to talk to someone with a Western accent!

Not only have Wanderlust and the other au-pairs been very good and supportive throughout my whole stay, I have also been very lucky to have been matched with such a great host family. My host family are a family of 5 (two parents, two children, and Grandma), and they have been brilliant to me – treating me as if I was one of their family and including me in a plethora of family activities. We have visited historic sites across China, including an unforgettable week in Guizhou Province on the western side of China seeing how different inland China is to Shanghai and the coastal cities. They have introduced me to many of their friends, classmates, and extended family members at many outings, and it has been great to be able to meet so many people and discover all about Chinese culture and society in this way – over many delicious meals and glasses of Chinese firewater. My favourite memories of my time with them include visiting a traditional Chinese spa in the heart of Shanghai, going to a family birthday party for one of their 1 year old nephews, singing karaoke together after a family barbecue, and celebrating the eldest daughter’s admission into university over a meal with many of the parents’ friends and classmates. These occasions have all been great fun, and are very good for seeing “living” Chinese culture. My host family have really gone out of their way to make me feel part of the family and to show me all parts of Chinese culture, and I am sure I have formed relationships with them that will last far longer than the remaining weeks I have here.

Teaching the 2 children English has been incredibly rewarding, a lot of fun as well as a good challenge. We have covered all sorts of things, from helping coach the eldest daughter successfully through the IELTS test for university admission to a top Western university to discussing British history and sports with the younger child. The variety of things that we have talked about has been really interesting, and has definitely kept me on my toes! The proudest moment of it all was seeing the daughter leave for university in the West, having achieved the IELTS grade needed and being far more confident in her English and understanding of Western culture as a result of all that we had discussed.

As her English improved, so did my Chinese! Twice weekly lessons at the Mandarin Garden School have been an integral part of my time in Shanghai, and they have been really useful for helping me develop some basic Chinese skills. Mandarin is as different to English as could be imagined, but it has been great fun trying to tackle it as a result. I am still very much a novice, but the Chinese lessons have been something that has really made my time in China as fun as it has been, and I definitely feel a lot more confident interacting with locals and going about the city as a result. The lessons are only a small part of your life as an au-pair in terms of time spent, but they have really made my time in Shanghai many times more enjoyable, and they have given me knowledge and skills that will be helpful in the future.

All in all, it has been a really rewarding experience to spend 3 months in China with Wanderlust Exchange. It has not been easy, and at times has required a lot of determination and mental strength - as is to be expected when moving to a new country to start a demanding job like an au-pair – but I am definitely very glad that I have persevered. This is definitely not a holiday program though - it is extremely rewarding but you you have to work hard! If you are looking for something relaxed I'd say go sit on the beach in Bali, but if you're looking for something a bit more fulfilling this is definitely for you I have a great time and although I will be ready to return home and see my family when the time comes, I will certainly miss Shanghai and think of my 3 months here with fondness for a long time to come. Thank you Wanderlust Exchange!

Response from Wanderlust Exchange

Dear Ed,

Thank you so much for sharing your story here!

We are so glad to know that you enjoyed your 3 months in China and more importantly, it was a meaningful journey for you to explore China and its culture. As you said, there can be challenges but we do see what a wonderful work you had done and such an achievement you made to improve the elder sister’s English. It is also glad to know that your Chinese has progressed at the same time.

We would like to thank you as well and wish you all the best!

Aleksander

Great company with massive help. Highly reccomend

Great company with massive help. Highly reccomend. Always provided help when needed within couple of minutes or hours. Very friendly stuff and great host families. Allowed me to get insight into the real China and meet a myriad of wonderfull people. Very unique experience with a big impact on my life. Useful tip: research places you want to visit before actually flying here and maybe even learn some basic Mandarin

Joanna

Where have the past two months gone?

I am just about to complete two out of my three-month stay here in Beijing. Where has time honestly gone? So far, I have felt welcomed into a family with cultures far different from my own. I am teaching three kids who at the beginning were very shy, however now are so talkative and full of ideas that our lessons usually tend to overrun. One major difficulty I found was the language barrier, as many people here don't speak much English however with an adequate translator app, it was no longer a problem. Another was taxi fares - they can easily sniff out a foreigner and when they do, they'll triple your fair (I was charged 200 yuan for a 30 yuan fair). At times, I felt uncomfortable around taxi drivers so make sure to download Didi, which is the trustworthy Chinese equivalent to Uber.

My host family have been so wonderful and have even taken me on holiday to Guiyang, Xishuangbanna and Kunming. This programme is truly the cheapest way to experience the authentic taste of Chinese culture and living with a family speaking predominantly mandarin helps pick up the language a little easier too. However, while other au pairs weren't set one, I was given a curfew of 9pm, which I felt was quite restricting especially when trying to experience the nightlife here, so it's best to deliberate this if you're given one. The support given by the WAC team has been great too, more specifically from my coordinator Lizzie who has helped me out with countless of things - they are great to rely on when you need a rapid response or someone to talk you through the ins and outs of Beijing.

Before considering this programme, it's best to decide which age you'd prefer to tutor as kids of various ages learn at different speeds so decide beforehand which is best suited for you. It is also best to know that your working hours will be incredibly flexible so if you’re good at adapting to constantly changing routines then this is great for you. I would with no doubt suggest sending over an application if you’re willing to experience authentic Chinese culture at relatively low costs.

more cultural activities - perhaps twice a month.
Joanna

Where have the past two months gone?

more cultural activities could be set - perhaps twice a month rather than one.
Response from Wanderlust Exchange

Dear Joanna,

It is such an enjoyment to read your story here. We are glad that you have been doing well for the last two months. And thanks for telling us the difficulties you have confronted, which is invaluable for us to make improvement for this program. We are also appreciated the suggestions you mentioned for potential applicants.

Hope you will enjoy the rest of your time in China. Any time you need help, you are always welcomed to reach out to us, as we are always here to help.

Liam

Au pairing Review 6 months

I have spent the past 4 months au pairing in Shanghai with a family with two boys, age 12 and 1, there has been some challenges during my time here but the experience is one that I am happy I have decided to take. From the moment I landed in Shanghai my family made me feel at home and nothing changed about that. Although I had my own room this is not a private space, as the children would often come in as they pleased but this was more out of curiosity in what I was doing rather than an invasion.
Even with a great welcoming the word overwhelming is the best way to describe my first few weeks. Facing crowds of people and a language I do not understand every day, it was difficult to find my place in this large city. Once I started going to mandarin classes and meeting new people I began finding my way around the city better, even though it took a while to get use to the amount people it did not change my outlook on this wonderful city and how much there is to do and see.
The Chinese culture is one of the oldest and most unique in the world and there is no way to better experience it than living with a family. I’ve learnt so much of the Chinese culture and how it has changed from when the parents were younger until now, and what my child’s views on it are. Learning about the culture has been one of the most interesting parts about my stay here in Shanghai as it has opened my mind to my own culture back home and what I can do to improve it and better my own future.
When it comes to teaching English and helping to improve the language being flexible is definitely important. I found myself trying to teach and practise English at many different times and not sticking to a usual schedule, as my child does a lot of extra activities that take up his time. Whether it is in the car, at the dinner table or out doing activities always take the opportunity to try and practise or teach English as it important to show them how they can use the language anywhere if they need to. The challenging moments were trying to get their attention and making it interesting for them because if they feel like they can’t take part they do not focus and take in all the information. Building a relationship that is more like an older sibling than teacher has had its advantages, it makes it easier to communicate and develop the language.
Being an Au pair has also given me the chance to explore Shanghai, and it is clear to see why it is one most popular cities in the world. With the monthly spending money I receive it was easy to see most of what this city has to offer, from the Chinese street markets to the many different shopping malls. The city metro is very trustworthy and safe, although at times it can get overcrowded it is the best and cheapest way to get around. Shanghai is the most western Chinese city but is still unlike any other western city and is a great way to be introduced to the Chinese lifestyle and can lead you to wanting to see more Chinese cities like Beijing, Chengdu, Hangzhou or Xi’an. I am happy that I got to see some part of the large country that is China in my short time here and it has left me wanting to see more as it is defiantly a country worth traveling.
My time here has been unforgettable and I am very fortunate that I have had the opportunity, which most people won’t get, to come and see this beautiful country and be able to help a family improve their English, and in exchange they made me feel part of their own family, that is completely different from my own, but still felt like a home away from home.

Suggestive visiting locations and activities to do in spare time.
Response from Wanderlust Exchange

Dear Liam,

Thank you so much for sharing your story here! We are so glad to know that you enjoyed a great time in China and most importantly, this cultural adventure is meaningful to you. As you said, it can be challenging at the beginning, but we do see what a wonderful work you had done and the friendship you have with the Chinese host family is just the proof of your effort.

Thanks again for au pairing with Wanderlust Exchange! We wish you all the best!

Nick

Fantastic Au Pair Experience in China

If you're interested in au pairing in China, I this is a program you need to seriously consider. All of my expectations have been exceeded and it has been an amazing experience all round.
From my first contact with anyone from Wanderlust Au Pair China I have been impressed by friendly staff that is always willing to help and answer the many, many, many questions you are sure to have about a program that takes you overseas. The continued support throughout the program is great, from the airport pickup to answering questions about places to go, anything really, you have someone you can ask. The cultural activities have given me a further insight into the culture and traditions of China and I have enjoyed them thoroughly. The Mandarin lessons have helped me to communicate with people in China, albeit a challenge, and have given me a deeper understanding of the spoken language you will hear all around you. Wanderlust Au Pair China is dedicated to filling your needs and finding a family that matches you well for a better experience for both you and the family you will be staying with. Overall, a fantastic program.
Au pairing in a foreign country will give you life experience, no doubt - but the agency you use is what improves the experience practically. Wanderlust Au Pair China has not disappointed me once and I am sure if you chose this program, you will have the same wonderful experience.

Response from Wanderlust Exchange

Dear Nick,

It is a great pleasure to know that you enjoyed au pairing with Wanderlust Exchange! We are so glad to know that this journey in China had been a meaningful experience to you.

Thanks for au pairing with us and we wish you all the best!

About Wanderlust Exchange

Wanderlust Exchange creates educational travel opportunities for students and young professionals with the true meaning of our organization's name in mind - "wanderlust" - reflecting an intense urge to travel and understand the culture and lifestyle...