• Cuba

Small Class (1-7)
Weekly Classroom Hours
Host Family Hostel

Pricing

Price includes accommodation, breakfast & lunch (14 nights) plus 30 intensive Spanish lessons, three cultural excursions, volunteer placements & support described, and weekend escorted trips to the beach.

Cost of extra night – accommodation, breakfast & lunch USD 40

Airport transfer – USD 40 each way
What's Included
Accommodation Activities Classes Meals
What's Not Included
Airfare Airport Transfers Travel Insurance Visa Wifi
What's Not Included (Extra)

Private taxi/airport transfer on arrival USD 40

Dec 06, 2023
May 23, 2023
27 travelers are looking at this program

A two week ‘cultural immersion’ program based in the heart of Old Havana to help you enjoy and understand what’s happening in Cuba right now! Our volunteer placements will help you connect with Cuban people, understand their culture and history, and turbo charge your Spanish language tuition.

As with all our programs, this program includes accommodation, breakfast & lunch throughout plus Spanish language tuition, meaningful volunteer placements and other activities. Start date is the first Sunday of EVERY month and includes 14 nights, though clients are welcome to arrive early or extend – we are open 365 days a year!

This is a two week program (14 nights) though can be combined with other programs to make longer duration and more varied experience.

Program Highlights

• Based in the atmospheric heart of Old Habana - stay in the most exciting/vibrant/fun neighbourhood in Habana!
  • Program includes accommodation, breakfast & lunch, Spanish lessons, cultural tours, activities & volunteer placements... everything to help max your time here
  • All your questions answered about Cuba's history, how Cubans live today and what the future may hold - and how we can learn from Cuba!
  • Start date first Sunday of EVERY month - most participants are solo travellers but friends, couples and groups also welcome!
  • Spanish lessons for all levels - we have 8 teachers to cater for beginners, intermediate and advanced students.

Popular Programs

Learn Spanish, Dance & Culture in Cuba

Our most popular program featuring learn Spanish in Cuba with culture & dance. Best taken over two or more weeks but can also be taken as a one week program – with start dates EVERY week.

Staying in a Casa Particulare in the heart of Old Havana, learn Spanish in the mornings Monday to Friday. While in the afternoons enjoy dance classes and culture excursions. Weekend trips feature the beach and a two-night weekend road trip to Viñales (four week program only).

Learn Spanish & Dance in Cuba

What better way to ‘Support the Cuban People’ than by combining Spanish language tuition and dance in Cuba. Delivered by professional instructors and supplemented by cultural immersion and orientation.

This program has been developed to support the Cuban people in either HAVANA or TRINIDAD. Enjoy Spanish and dance lessons in either city or combine with other programs to make a two or more week program.

• 5 rating 100%
  • 4 rating 0%
  • 3 rating 0%
  • 2 rating 0%
  • 1 rating 0%
  • Instruction 5
Bogdan

I fell in love with Cuba

As the title says, my experience with Corazon Cuba was way above my expectations. Everyone involved in the program made me feel like I am part of a big family and I really wish to thank them for that. Even though we didn’t do much volunteering in my 1 month in the program, there were a lot of things to keep me busy such as daily Spanish lessons, salsa lessons, cultural tours and trips outside Havana. I would like to give a big thank you to Leo, the amazing manager, as he always made sure that I am happy with my stay in Cuba. Whatever problem or concern you have, this guy can fix it! Thank you for the whole experience and I will surely return to you soon.

Pros
  • Great culture
  • Great people
  • Great rum
Amy

Incredible immersive language school & volunteering in Havana

I can't recommend Corazon Cuba enough! This was a truly immersive experience getting to Havana and the Cuban people. The Spanish lessons and teachers were amazing - I already speak pretty much fluent Spanish and was put in an advance class that totally surpassed my expectations and I definitely came away improved. The volunteering program was fantastic, so much fun and everyone was so welcoming. I had the most incredible and unforgettable 2 weeks making friends and learning so much, and can't wait to go back another time.

Pros
  • Immersive
  • Meeting new people & locals
  • Langauges & learning
Cons
  • Sometimes shortages - but that's normal in Cuba!
Charesa

Incredible people, beautiful country

Cuba is an incredible country, but the reason I feel this way is because of the people I met there, from the amazing staff to the other travelers. From day one, I was welcomed with open arms by the Corazon Cuba team. Leonel and Leandro, the program managers, have build an incredible team of spanish teachers, a security team, wonderful cooks and more people who made my stay there super pleasant! I’ve followed 2 other language courses overseas and this was the first one where I actually learned new things, I was challenged to speak more to get over my anxiety. The spanish program was personalized specifically for my wants and needs. This was a huge plus. You’re not going to follow a random text book, but you go out, into the field, into the city to practice your spanish. The volunteer program was also very interesting, there was always someone guiding and assisting us on the project. This made me feel very safe! Nothing but love for the Corazon Cuba team. Thank you for everything.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would stay longer! And would probably see if I could get a Cuban sim card!