Learn Spanish in Old Havana, Cuba - 1 or 2 weeks

COVID-19 Program Updates

Due to global health & safety concerns and travel restrictions related to the coronavirus, Corazon Cuba has decided to offer flexible booking options for some of their upcoming programs. Learn more about COVID-19 updates to stay tuned regarding program information.

Learn Spanish in Old Havana – a UNESCO World Heritage Site bursting with atmosphere, music, and dance. Homestay with a Cuban family in a vibrant maze of neoclassical buildings. This program is based in ‘Habana Vieja’ – the heart of the historic old Havana and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The area is a myriad of gorgeous neoclassical buildings packed with local people living cheek by jowl.

At street level, there is a constant buzz with musicians plying their trade in the many fantastic bars to be found in this popular neighborhood. The area is VERY safe, and you will quickly feel comfortably at home. There are lots of interesting shops and quirky art galleries here and most of Cuba’s cultural heritage including national museums also.

• Intensive Spanish language lessons take place Monday to Friday in the mornings, leaving the afternoons, evenings and weekends free to enjoy this amazing country.
  • Live in the heart of Old Habana - the most exciting, vibrant and fun neighbourhood in Habana. Price includes half board.
  • 18+ program - but minors (inc families) are welcome if accompanied. We welcome all nationalities including US citizens - this program qualifies under US travel restrictions 'Support the Cuban People' category.
  • All Cuban crew will help you feel at home and help you learn about Cuba's past and present.
  • Discover Cuba - walking tours/cultural excursions to learn more about this amazing country.

10% discount on any 4 week program

Book any 4 week program - for any start date in 2020 - before the end of March and enjoy a 10% discount (quote 'GoOverseas' when placing your booking to automatically claim this discount). Valid for one or more persons booking at the same time!

Every visitor to Cuba is required to present a visa (also known as Tourist Card) on entry into Cuba. For visitors from US, Canada, Central American countries and the Caribbean - you are lucky! You can buy your visa at your departure airport - either when you check in or at the gate (transit passengers). Fees to buy the visa vary but range from $30 upwards. For US travellers this is the only...

We will generally accept your application and send a confirmation along with a request for a $200 booking deposit to secure your place with us. At this time we will also send you our Field Manual which includes useful information to help you prepare for the trip - including packing list and local contact details. We will also request your flight arrival details so we can arrange an airport...

Hey Victoria, Thanks for your questions. Flight fare is arranged by the students themselves, as is the visa. If you are flying from US, many airlines supply the visa with the flight ticket. We suggest confirming this with the airline in advance. Many thanks, Gar

Sorry - we only accept clients who stay in our accommodations. In the past we have had problems when clients stay elsewhere - we can't trace them if they don't show or are late for certain activities OR they may have problems with their accommodation hosts that we need to fix. We prefer to arrange accommodation as part of the package, that we know to be reliable and trouble free!

• Instruction 10
Jure

Highly recomended

I spent 10 days in the school in Havana vieja. Had a great time there. All the staff is very reliable, helpful and good teachers. Learning spanish was efficient in relaxing way and funny at the same time. After one week program of spanish lessons I decided to prolong it for another week with volunteering work and was great decision. So after spanish in the morning we went to the school and in afternoon helping children in primary school with basic english. Thanks to all of the staff and participants.... Jure

Sonja

Spanischunterricht mit vielen Erlebnissen

Translated by Go Overseas:

I met a lot of new friends on the first day, and I was immediately accepted into the group. The lessons were great and very individual, first with a classmate, later I even had individual lessons. The teachers are very competent and speak English very well. In the evening people go out to eat together, especially if you are traveling alone, a very nice way to connect. In this way you experience a country much more intensely. I can recommend this language school and hostel to everyone.

Original Review:

Schon am ersten Tag habe ich viele neue Freunde kennengelernt, ich war sofort aufgenommen in die Gruppe. Der Unterricht war spitze und sehr individuell, zuerst mit einem Mitschüler, später hatte ich sogar Einzelunterricht. Die Lehrer sind sehr kompetent, sprechen auch sehr gut englisch. Abends wird zusammen essen gegangen, gerade wenn man alleine auf reisen ist, eine sehr schöne Möglichkeit, Anschluss zu finden. Auf diese Weise erlebt man ein Land viel intensiver. Ich kann diese Sprachenschule und das Hostel jedem empfehlen.

Chuck

Lucky to have found these guys

I feel compelled to leave a great review for these guys. Tim and Roxandra have set up a phenomenal program here. This city has so much to offer in terms of history, music, art, and a fascinating culture; Corazon Cuba and Casa Jakera provide the perfect jumping-off point whether you are naturally an independent traveler or require a little more structure. Special thanks to the Casa Jakera teachers, specifically Dalber, who was such an interesting and honest person to ask questions to. The tour guides, including Dayron, were a lot of fun to walk the city with. Leonel and Leandro were both very helpful in helping me find the people and places I was looking for. Another note: I was initially apprehensive about attending the included salsa classes, but I highly recommend them (a) because the teachers are funny as hell and (b) because you're going to need at least a foundational understanding of salsa if you want to find yourself in the more local nightlife which will require that you understand the basic steps. It seemed like every day was more fun than the last. I could go on forever about how enjoyable my time there was. Thanks again to the whole team.