Camp Ecuador - Volunteer in Ecuador 1-3 months

Scholarships Available

Apply for our Camps Changemaker Scholarship and receive up to £560 towards the volunteering programme of your choice.

South America has always been top of the list for gap year travelers and Ecuador guarantees a once in a lifetime volunteer experience for you. This amazing country really is South America’s best kept secret! It offers its visitors abundant wildlife viewing and startling contrasts of scenery, from misty tropical cloud forests and windswept highlands, to snow-capped volcanoes and palm-fringed beaches, and all within a day’s drive of the capital, Quito.

At Camp Ecuador you’ll be living and working alongside wonderful local people in the Andes, Amazon and along the Pacific coast on a wide range of initiatives designed to help improve living standards within their community. This volunteer experience also involves working on a range of vital wildlife conservation and environmental projects in some of the world’s most important and fragile ecosystems - including the might Amazon rain forest, home to around 10% of all species on earth!

Jill

Unreal experience- just do it.

This program has a mixture of everything- fun, hard work, new experiences, adventures, everything. Getting to try new foods and even help with the cooking, doing a bungee jump, showering in the rain in the Amazon, getting up at 5am for a sunrise hike in the Andes and even getting a tattoo in Baños were all big highlights. Everything from building bins from bamboo (from scratch) to learning to scuba dive were unforgettable experiences. If you want to make a difference in friendly communities, meet amazing people, experience new things and aren't afraid of a bit of hard work I would recommend this program to you. I ended up staying a further two weeks than I originally planned because I was loving it that much.

I would like to have known about the online training I had to do for my scuba course- doing it at home would have been a lot handier.

About Camps International

Camps International are an award-winning volunteer trip provider. We run meaningful gap year volunteer programs across Africa, Asia and South America. Unlike other providers, we own and run permanent camps, we employ local people to staff our camps...