Camp Ecuador - Volunteer in Ecuador 1-3 months

Cañoa.
Camp Kuri Kucho in the Andes.
Gap Year Volunteer Program Ecuador
Gap Year Volunteer Program Ecuador
Camp Ecuador

South America has always been top of the list for gap year travelers and Ecuador guarantees a once in a lifetime volunteer experience for you. This amazing country really is South America’s best kept secret! It offers its visitors abundant wildlife viewing and startling contrasts of scenery, from misty tropical cloud forests and windswept highlands, to snow-capped volcanoes and palm-fringed beaches, and all within a day’s drive of the capital, Quito.

At Camp Ecuador you’ll be living and working alongside wonderful local people in the Andes, Amazon and along the Pacific coast on a wide range of initiatives designed to help improve living standards within their community. This volunteer experience also involves working on a range of vital wildlife conservation and environmental projects in some of the world’s most important and fragile ecosystems - including the might Amazon rain forest, home to around 10% of all species on earth!

Scholarships Available

Apply for our Camps Changemaker Scholarship and receive up to £560 towards the volunteering programme of your choice.

Sammy

1 month ecuador

Overall, the month in Ecuador was an amazing experience. Unfortunately, the activities and camps were completely different to what I was advertised. Therefore, when I was out there I had to accept the fact that the trip wasn’t what I expected but it was still a once in a lifetime experience. From my experience I would try contact the actual camp Ecuador office and leaders over in Ecuador to get a better itinerary of your trip before you leave, due to the UK office falsely advertising the trip.
However, all food was amazing and chefs were very nice, with a lot of safety presented by camps, with over night security and camp leaders following during the day. Thoroughly enjoyed the trip but definitely less R&R days in this camps international trip than others

Make sure that the advertised trip is closer to what is actually completed whilst out there
Jill

Unreal experience- just do it.

This program has a mixture of everything- fun, hard work, new experiences, adventures, everything. Getting to try new foods and even help with the cooking, doing a bungee jump, showering in the rain in the Amazon, getting up at 5am for a sunrise hike in the Andes and even getting a tattoo in Baños were all big highlights. Everything from building bins from bamboo (from scratch) to learning to scuba dive were unforgettable experiences. If you want to make a difference in friendly communities, meet amazing people, experience new things and aren't afraid of a bit of hard work I would recommend this program to you. I ended up staying a further two weeks than I originally planned because I was loving it that much.

I would like to have known about the online training I had to do for my scuba course- doing it at home would have been a lot handier.

Location:
José Joaquín de Olmedo International
( GYE )
Mariscal Lamar International
( CUE )

Ecuador hugs the equator on the west coast of South America, and holds Amazonian jungle, Andean highlands, and the Galapagos islands off the coast. Needless to say it is one of the most environmentally diverse countries in the world.

Staff Interviews

About Camps International

Camps International are an award-winning volunteer trip provider. We run meaningful gap year volunteer programs across Africa, Asia and South America. Unlike other providers, we own and run permanent camps, we employ local people to staff our camps...