11 Week Ski & Snowboard Instructor Course in France

11 Week Ski & Snowboard Instructor Course in France

Aimed at those who are looking to carve their career path as a ski or snowboard instructor, this course will give you the best foundation possible.

You can spend the 11 week course in Meribel located in the heart of the 3 Valleys, and as the Birthplace of Basecamp, Meribel is one of the best resorts in Europe, linked to the largest ski area in the world.

You will be immersed in a fast track training program delivered to you by world class BASI Instructors. Upon completion of the course you will achieve a BASI 1 & 2 qualification, which is internationally recognised and will allow you to teach in most countries in the world.

Europe » France
Age Max

Georgie
London, United Kingdom

Most fantastic course

I cannot quite express quite how amazing my 10 weeks in Val d'Isère were, but I'm going to try. I did the course in my gap year between school and uni, but while most of us were 18-19ish, there were a fair few who did it post-uni. Though age out there didn't really count since we were all out there to improve our skiing; get a qualification and to have a great time. I can say that I got all three out of the 10 weeks. I passed my Level 2 and then went on to teach kids to ski for a couple of weeks with a fellow Basecamper in Italy for a company called Interski. Basecamp has a good relationship with Interski and getting that employment after the course was surprisingly easy with my resort manager Gwil's help.
Gwil was amazing - he was always there if we needed help with pretty much anything and was always keen to organise events for us (e.g. Ice Karting!).
The BASS instructors are also fantastic - I had a number of different instructors who were all equally lovely and willing to tell you about scholarships available to continue on to Level 3 and 4 (something I'd love to do in the future).
I was having such a great time out in Val d'Isère that after a couple of weeks out there I decided that I didn't want to go home after the course but to stay out a bit longer, so after going to Italy for a couple of weeks, I returned to Val d'Isère for a final week and farewell. Loads of people stayed on at the end of the course (accommodation was very much affordable!) so it didn't feel as though it had properly ended!
The only thing that I can even be a little bit negative about is the accommodation which is a bit squished, but wasn't much of an issue because although you're a bit on top of each other, it forces you to get to know everyone really quickly. It was a bit of a shock for the first week, but after that everyone was good enough friends that it wasn't an issue at all.
All in all I couldn't really recommend this course much more highly. It's a lot of money, but SO worth it!

Tom
Meribel
University of Leicester

Meribel 10 Week BASI Level 1 & 2 Course

Had a great time on this course training for my BASI Level 2. Overall the course was well thought out with enough of a split of training weeks before the level 1 and 2 exams were booked to fit into the 10 week period. The trainers, examiners and all the basecamp staff were very helpful and good fun!

Sally
Yorkshire

Best time of my life

I had the most amazing winter season with Basecamp. I met friends for life and experienced so much. The coaches and Basecamp staff are great fun.
It is an unreal thing to do and would recommend it to anyone with a keen interest in skiing / being outdoors, or doing a Winter season!
The resort is extremely fun and there are all the facilities you could possibly want such as a gym/ pool/ good bars and clubs/ 3 supermarkets ect!
Amazing experience I just wish I could do it all again!

Elliot
Val disere
Lincoln University

Val Disere 10 weeks of skiing

basecamp was an unreal experience. A fantastic training program which sent me on my way to a new career. Awesome training throughout the season, which lead to huge improvement on my technical and teaching within skiing.

Personal highlight - heliski get with the instructors at the end of the programe

Basecamp has been running world-class ski and snowboard instructor courses since 2002, and operate from leading resorts in France, Canada and New Zealand. As the first company to offer BASI qualifications in France, they are experienced pioneers, and excel in carving the fresh tracks in