• France
26 - 52 weeks
Program Tags
Cultural Immersion Instructor Internships Language Immersion Post-High School Teach Abroad

Program Details

Apartment Host Family
Primary Language
French

Pricing

$6,995 USD
The price of our program includes:
- application assistance to provide a strong dossier to our partner schools
- visa application guidance
- pre-departure orientation
- support and counseling throughout the year abroad

Considering full room & board plus a monthly stipend, additional expenses abroad are generally limited.
What's Included
Accommodation Some Activities Meals Wifi
What's Included (Extra)

Monthly Stipend $350/mo average

What's Not Included
Airfare Domestic Airfare Airport Transfers Visa
Sep 17, 2021
Aug 21, 2021

Share your culture and knowledge as an English Teaching Assistant with Andégo! We have over 30 partner schools in France!

Our gap-year interns receive full room & board, a monthly stipend, and are guaranteed at least a part-time host family to experience linguistic and cultural immersion plus have school holidays free for travel and exploration.

Lead conversation groups, plan lessons, spirit weeks, and study halls to help students improve their English. Our interns generally work with high school and middle students but occasionally in elementary classrooms. There are opportunities for interns that speak other languages to assist as well.

Don't choose between exploration and professional growth, have both with Andégo Internships Abroad!

Program Highlights

Program Dates

Application Deadline
Program Dates

Eric

Highly recommend Andego Abroad!!

I spent my gap year in Annecy, France, working as an English teacher. Teaching English as a 19-year-old and living in a foreign country on your own presents its own challenges, but the skills and confidence I developed will serve me in my future endeavours in college and beyond. I had an amazing host family with whom I still stay in contact and I was also able to travel to 11 countries during my vacations and summer! I encourage everyone to take a gap year if they can; it's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for personal growth and this program is a great option!

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
I went paragliding in the French Alps with my host family! I just had to take a deep breath and run off the side of the mountain; there's not much else I could do to prepare myself. Would highly recommend :)
Maya

Andégo Internships Abroad

I just got back from spending the year in Annecy, France with Andégo. I was working at a school teaching English to 4th and 8th graders as well as working as an RA at the high school boarding school. I spent the weekends with a local host family which offered a chance for me to be completely immersed in French culture and language. Working at the school gave me real world experience and a chance for me to feel like a part of the local community. I’m very grateful for my year off and the opportunity Andégo provided. I did a lot of research on gap years and found Andégo’s to be unique. I wasn’t able to find any other program that offered a paying job with the opportunity to live in a host family. Living abroad is not always easy and my experience wasn’t without times of difficulty or homesickness, but overall I had a great time and wish I could go back!

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Teaching for the first time all by myself was definitely intimidating! I had to ask for help and advice from other teachers at the school. In the end I really enjoyed teaching and had fun with my students, but it wasn’t without difficulty in the beginning.