Starting college in the spring or taking a Gap Year? Why not kick start your time doing something worthwhile with this amazing leap into European culture. Beginning with two weeks in London, the course focuses on art, power and the nature of European politics. It then moves to Paris and the South of France to study modernism. Next we move to the beautiful hilltop town of Montepulciano in Tuscany for two weeks of cultural immersion through Italian language learning and a home-stay. We also take this time to study other aspects of Italian culture, such as cookery, film and drawing. The idea is to use our time well and develop new skills. The Semester Program then joins the autumn Gap Course for an in depth exploration of Italy and European civilisation as described next.
- Private viewings of museums and basilicas
- Stay with a host family in Tuscany
- Climb Vesuvius to see the greatest view of the Bay of Naples
- Traditional Tuscan cooking classes
- Visit 3 countries in 3 months