Ghana Volunteering with Gapforce

Join our community volunteering placement in the friendliest nation in Africa. Our Ghana project is the perfect destination for both first time travellers and experienced explorers. You will be living in a friendly volunteer house in Accra with like-minded people and staff that are there to help you every step of the way. Options include:

Teaching; Take this vital opportunity to impact your knowledge in helping teach subjects like Maths, English, Science, History and foreign languages in schools in Accra

Care work: Volunteer at an orphanage where you can make a difference to children's lives by teaching them and helping to provide the support and attention they need.

Building: The lack of funding and manpower prevents the development of new buildings in Ghana, your work will continue to benefit them long after you leave.

Sport Coaching: an exciting and rewarding placement making a real impact on grassroots sport and youth development

Meg

Ghana

I definitely had a trip of a lifetime in Ghana and found it to be a great place to go for my first travelling experience as it is such a friendly, welcoming country. Leading up to the trip the GapForce co-ordinators in London were very helpful and were able to answer any questions, as well as helping sort out things such as visas and travel insurance. The co-ordinators in Ghana were excellent, providing you with all the information you needed for your stay and were the first point of contact for any queries with placements. Placements were arranged really well and if you had any troubles they were responded to quickly.
In Ghana there is opportunity to visit schools and give lessons to the children, as well as attending your placement. there is also many things to do in your free time such as going to craft markets, the beach/pool, and going out to bars/clubs/restaurants in the evening. The co-ordinators are also really great at organising trips for you to go on as a group, for example a trip to the waterfalls, monkey sanctuary, canopy walks at Cape Coast and Big Milly's - a beach party resort. These weekend trips gave us chance to experience more of Ghana rather than just the area you stay in. This experience is a great opportunity to meet new people from all different areas, and doing many different placements, and allows you to build really good friendships, even in short space of time. I would definitely recommend this trip, I didn't want to leave!

Henry

My time in Ghana

I had the most amazing time when I was in Ghana! From working in the local orphanage to coaching local football teams I could have not asked for more.

As well as this the structured weekend trips allowed me to visit the 'real' Ghana. So in all it was a well rounded trip with brilliant support from the London office coupled with superb volunteer coordinators made it a trip to remember!

About GapForce

Gapforce is a leading provider of structured Gap Year programs and summer opportunities overseas. The wide range of global adventures includes marine conservation, wildlife protection, community volunteering & healthcare, extreme expeditions,...