Gap Year in Rome, Italy at John Cabot University

John Cabot University is an American-accredited university in Rome, Italy that offers both degree and study abroad programs to students from more than 70 countries. Spending your gap year at John Cabot University will allow you to explore Italy and Europe without putting off college graduation. You can apply for one or two summer sessions, a semester, or our full year program.

Gap year students are not required to adhere to our core curriculum, allowing you to choose our 300+ course options while earning college credits that will transfer back to an American institution. Our professors and staff serve as mentors who can help you decide what you would like to study when you officially enroll in an undergraduate program, whether at John Cabot University or elsewhere. As a gap year student, you can also get involved in our clubs, organizations, community service programs, and athletics, allowing you to make friends from across the world while experiencing Italian culture firsthand.

Federica

Best experience of my life

Great professors, interesting courses and breath-taking location. I've taken classes from multiple departments and each one of them has been incredibly inspirational. They don't want to fill your head with notions here, they really want you to think and grow culturally. Besides academics, student life is great. There are so many clubs and organizations, there's always a fun event go to and interesting people from so many different cultural backgrounds to meet! It is also a good opportunity for degree seekers and visiting students to mix and become friends.

Travis

A Home Away From Home

I have never felt so comfortable in an uncomfortable situation in my life. Rome was magical and the people I met, the classes I took, and the experiences I had were incredible. It was the greatest time of my life and I am so grateful to have attended JCU.

Eric

Awesome Time in Rome

Rome is one of the greatest cities in the world and I discovered this through my gap year at John Cabot. I met a ton of friends and they were extremely kind. We still are in contact and I truly loved discovering the city. I lived in Trastevere, one of the nicest parts of the city and it was amazing.

About John Cabot University

Study abroad at an American liberal arts university in the fascinating city of Rome, Italy. John Cabot University is located in an historic Italian neighborhood, with unrivaled access to a wide range of campus facilities and nearby famous historical...