John Cabot University is an American-accredited university in Rome, Italy, offering degree and study abroad programs to students from over 70 countries. Spending your gap year at JCU will allow you to explore Italy and Europe while earning credits that will transfer easily to an American university. You can apply for one or two semesters or summer sessions.
Gap year students are not required to adhere to our core curriculum, allowing you to choose from our 400 course options while earning college credits. Our professors and staff serve as mentors who can help you decide what you would like to study when you officially enroll in an undergraduate program.
- John Cabot University's student body represents over 70 countries, so your university experience will be truly international. Explore different perspectives in the classroom and learn more about other cultures simply by spending time with your new friends
- Our campuses in the historic center of Rome are beautiful, and our central location provides easy access to Rome's train stations and airports, facilitating weekend trips throughout Italy and Europe.
- JCU's professors are international experts in their fields who hold advanced degrees from the world's top institutions, and continue to work and conduct research while teaching. Our small class sizes allow professors to get to know students individually.
- Our comprehensive student life program includes clubs, community service, athletics, performing arts, cultural activities, and trips throughout Italy, which allow you to make friends while you gain leadership and team-building skills.
- Rome is Italy's capital, home to government institutions, embassies, multinational corporations, museums, etc. so you will be able to partake in internships that would impress any employer.