• Italy
    • Rome
Term
Academic Year, Fall, Spring, Summer
Accounting Advertising Art History Arts Business Classical Studies Communications Creative Writing Economics Engineering English European Studies Film Finance Global Studies History Humanities International Business International Relations Journalism Law Liberal Arts Literature Marketing Media Relations Natural Sciences Philosophy Political Science Psychology Public Relations Social Sciences +21

Program Details

Accommodation Activities Airport Transfers Classes Meals
Apr 12, 2022
Sep 08, 2022
56 travelers are looking at this program

Study abroad in the fall, spring, or summer at John Cabot University. As an American university abroad, JCU allows your credits to transfer easily to your home institution. With small, discussion-based classes and students from all over the world, you will learn about the Italian way of life as well as other cultures.

Our services include a comprehensive orientation program with airport pick-up, nearby housing options with resident assistants, and a health and wellbeing office. Get involved in our clubs, organizations, community service programs, and athletics. Be sure to take advantage of the wide variety of trips and activities JCU offers to complement your studies!

Program Highlights

• John Cabot University's student body represents over 70 countries, so your university experience will be truly international. Explore different perspectives in the classroom and learn more about other cultures just by spending time with your new friends.
  • Our campuses in the historic center of Rome are beautiful, and our central location provides easy access to Rome's train stations and airports, facilitating weekend trips throughout Italy and Europe.
  • JCU's professors are international experts in their fields who hold advanced degrees from the world's top institutions, and continue to work and conduct research while teaching. Our small class sizes allow professors to get to know students individually.
  • Our comprehensive student life program includes clubs, community service, athletics, performing arts, cultural activities, and trips throughout Italy, which allow you to make friends while you gain leadership and team-building skills.
  • Rome is Italy's capital, home to government institutions, embassies, multinational corporations, museums, etc. so you will be able to partake in internships that would impress any employer.

• 9-10 rating 72.22%
  • 5-6 rating 1.39%
  • 3-4 rating 1.39%
Joshua

Great American education Experience in Rome

Both of the student housing (Gianicolo and Lungara) are great because of the security available 24/7 and proximity to the campuses. Guarini is the closest campus, Tiber is a bit farther, and Critelli is the farthest. It helps if you are taking general classes, so that you are not missing out on any major-specific courses from your home institution. There are so many great restaurants, bars, and gelato places, so there is no shortage of great Italian food. Just be aware of pickpocketers, have common sense, and have a great time in Rome!

Pros
  • English Speaking
  • In Rome
Jake

John Cabot University – Summer Session I

I had never been to Europe before, and can at times be hesitant to get out of my comfort zone. This experience forced me to come out of my shell and be uncomfortable in the best way possible, and has forever changed me for the better… I feel much more confident in who I am and have a broader perspective about the world in which I live. I made so many new friends and explored places that I never could have dreamed of seeing. Life is beautiful – this is something I already knew. But now, after spending over a month in Rome, I realized that life is so much more beautiful than I ever could have imagined!

Pros
  • Great professors
  • Wonderful location
  • Immaculate Vibes
Cons
  • Covid restrictions
  • Could not go to other residence halls
  • Grading policies
Patrick

John Cabot review

The university and surrounding area are amazing. I wish I could attend school here full time. Italy is amazing. The teachers were nice. I learned a lot. But 500 characters is too long for an honest review. I will just say that I loved it thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiioiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis much! Can’t wait to come back

Pros
  • Education
  • Sights
  • Easy
Cons
  • It’s still school
kate

John Cabot University

I absolutely loved this program. I felt supported and calm even though I was in a different country. It was an abolsutley amazing expierence and i wouldnt trade it for the world. I roomed with my best friend and it was an experience I will never ever forget. Italy was a dream and I wont forget it. People say study abroad is scary but it was anything but that it was calming but I also learned so much. The professors were amazing and I will never forget them because of how helpful they were to me.

Pros
  • Italy
  • Friends
  • Food
Spencer

John Cabot University

I really enjoyed my time leaving at JCU and embracing the Italian culture. This has been the best experience of my life so far and I am forever grateful for the opportunity to study at John Cabot University. I have learned a lot in my class, and I enjoy the environment all around Rome. If I could, I would come back and do it all over again. The living has been great and I have yet to not feel safe. Everyone is friendly and the food has been great, although I miss my American foods. I have enjoyed everything Rome has to offer.

• Great food
Cons
  • Lots of walking
  • Expensive
  • Very hot
Ashley

John Cabot University

I had a great experience at John Cabot University this summer. I felt that the university provided great support from the first day of check-in and orientation. I stayed in the Gianicolo residence with 6 other girls and I felt that the apartment was very spacious and comfortable to share. Everything on campus is also very walkable which made getting around easy. I always felt safe walking around Trastevere and even in the city of Rome, which was a great feeling. I went on one of the JCU sponsored trips to a sailing camp and had a great time. There were many other programs that my friends went on to great places like the amalfi coast and Sapri. JCU did a great job to ensure an enjoyable experience!

Pros
  • Traveling
  • Meeting new people
Jayce

Review-Texas Tech Student

Although there are many places to go from Rome I wish there was more group trips available. I think it’s obvious that all students are going to want to group travel with the school programs but the summer 1 weekend trips were sold out instantly and it seemed like the school was unprepared for the amount of students. There should have definitely been multiple groups per weekend. WiFi for consoles game is banned and the internet in the apartments is lacking heavily. Many students are using expensive international plans and need more reliable and better WiFi that doesn’t disconnect and reconnect continuously. When it comes to school hours in the summertime I think hours and buildings should run the same. If I’m playing expensive tuition I am expecting the library to stay open late like normal universities and a cafe that is open on the weekends. The only thing that was faster than the buildings closing is the speed in which my check was cashed, but it seems like I am only getting half of what I payed for. The school is either open for the summer or it’s not, not half open half closed Highly recommend only coming if you’re with a group of friends.

Pros
  • Central location to travel
  • Teachers that care
  • Easily accessible from apartments
Cons
  • Closes early
  • Mask policy everywhere
  • Poor WiFi
Grace

JCU Review

super fun and safe place to go! My student housing had no air conditioning and was really hot but other than that my experience was amazing! There was so much to see and do and we even got to go to places with the school/ other students. Everyone was really welcoming and kind, and the staff was super helpful if you ever had any questions. My studies were somewhat difficult, but i was taking a hard math course so that made sense. Althought the class was taught over such a short period of time, I do feel as though I got a good grip of the material and am prepared to take classes that follow this one!

Pros
  • good food
  • pretty scenery
  • school led to excursions
Cons
  • no air conditioning