• Italy
    • Rome
Term
Academic Year, Fall, Spring, Summer
Accounting Advertising Art History Arts Business Classical Studies Communications Creative Writing Economics Engineering English European Studies Film Finance Global Studies History Humanities International Business International Relations Journalism Law Liberal Arts Literature Marketing Media Relations Natural Sciences Philosophy Political Science Psychology Public Relations Social Sciences +21

Program Details

Accommodation Activities Airport Transfers Classes Meals
Apr 12, 2022
May 05, 2022
52 travelers are looking at this program

Study abroad in the fall, spring, or summer at John Cabot University. As an American university abroad, JCU allows your credits to transfer easily to your home institution. With small, discussion-based classes and students from all over the world, you will learn about the Italian way of life as well as other cultures.

Our services include a comprehensive orientation program with airport pick-up, nearby housing options with resident assistants, and a health and wellbeing office. Get involved in our clubs, organizations, community service programs, and athletics. Be sure to take advantage of the wide variety of trips and activities JCU offers to complement your studies!

Program Highlights

• John Cabot University's student body represents over 70 countries, so your university experience will be truly international. Explore different perspectives in the classroom and learn more about other cultures just by spending time with your new friends.
  • Our campuses in the historic center of Rome are beautiful, and our central location provides easy access to Rome's train stations and airports, facilitating weekend trips throughout Italy and Europe.
  • JCU's professors are international experts in their fields who hold advanced degrees from the world's top institutions, and continue to work and conduct research while teaching. Our small class sizes allow professors to get to know students individually.
  • Our comprehensive student life program includes clubs, community service, athletics, performing arts, cultural activities, and trips throughout Italy, which allow you to make friends while you gain leadership and team-building skills.
  • Rome is Italy's capital, home to government institutions, embassies, multinational corporations, museums, etc. so you will be able to partake in internships that would impress any employer.

• 9-10 rating 72.92%
  • 7-8 rating 22.92%
  • 5-6 rating 2.08%
  • 3-4 rating 2.08%
Lillie

JCU Spring 2022

I absolutely loved everything about John Cabot University. It was an amazing experience, educational and personal. The tiber cafe has a great variety of food for everyone wants. From personal experience with other dining hall food, tiber has many more options and the food is much better quality. The professors at John cabot university help you succeed and grow as a person. John Cabot is a once in a lifetime experience abs you will create memories and friends that will last forever. The school is in a great location with access to get anywhere around Rome.

Pros
  • Food
  • Friends
  • Community
Cons
  • COVID restrictions
Sophie

GoOverseas

It was great! I loved every minute of it.

Maira

Best experience of my life

John Cabot University has been one of the best experiences of my life. Being an american university located in Rome it offers a very unique international environment in which to create long-lasting relationships and have memorable experiences. During my three years as a degree seeker I managed to daily challenge myself with the very broad range of courses offered in all areas. The well-prepared and wonderful professors have all fostered my critical thinking and openness towards the world. I was able to combine my major with multiple minors, providing me with a unique interdisciplinary approach that has developed my critical, creative, and out-of-the-box thinking.

Ashley

Semester at John Cabot University

I had a great time at John Cabot University. I love that the campus is located the heart of Rome. It was so much fun exploring the city , especially the neighborhood of Trastevere. I also found myself very safe on campus due to the presence of 24/7 security guards. I enjoyed all of my classes. They were all interesting and I was fortunate to have passionate professors. JCU provided numerous opportunities to get involved with planned fun activities. Overall, I met wonderful people at JCU and will never forget my experience!

Benedetta

Degree seeking

I really love Rome, it’s a beautiful city with lots of beautiful corners and history. Roman people are nice but can be really noisy sometimes. The city can be pretty loud and dirty but it’s worth it. The university is really inclusive and I found my courses interesting and helpful but I have to admit that my professors sometimes we’re not the most helpful with my assignments. Although I love the beautiful architecture of Rome and every day is a privilege. I am very lucky to have experienced something so great in my life and I hope that my children will be able to do the same.

• New
  • Interesting
Cons
  • Hot in summer
  • Noisy
  • Dirty
G

College of Liberal Arts

Great Quantitative area, and professors are mostly great and really want you to succeed. However, if you are a study abroad, I'd definitely recommend you to take some courses in Archeology/classics/italian studies in some free slots you have so as to get the full experience. The area the campus is located is very nice and with lots of green. Food in the cafeteria is ok, especially if you consider that the places around colleges are good but extremely expansive. Would definitely recommend to anyone!

Pros
  • Area
  • Liberal arts programme
  • Professors
1 person found this review helpful.
Taylor

Very good school

John Cabot allowed for me to explore Italy and Europe while also having challenging classes to push me academically. It’s a great experience for anyone who wants to study abroad! My professors were extremely nice and helpful and with smaller class sizes, we were able to have more one on one focus with the material. I also enjoyed the campus itself, although it’s an American university in Rome it still heavily included as much Italian as it could so that the students didn’t feel as if they were in just another American University.

Annie

John Cabot University

I would completely recommend people to go to John Cabot University. I am completely in love with it; it is one of the best universities to study human sciences. Everyone is really nice, the staff is really helpful and the teachers are great. The student life is fun, you get to meet a lot of great people, there is a lot of diversity with students being from all parts of the world. John Cabot also provides great security for staff and students. Also, John Cabot allows you to create an experience in Rome.

Pros
  • Diversity
  • Academic opportunities
  • Full of resources
Cons
  • None
  • None
  • None