City Experience Program in Tokyo, Kyoto & Fukuoka for Canadians 18 - 30

Canadian girl explores temples in Japan on a working holiday
Canadian girl explores temples in Japan on a working holiday
Canadian feeding a deer in Japan
Canadian feeding a deer in Japan

Stepabroad’s Japan City Experience for Canadians aged 18 to 30 helps you embark on the experience of a lifetime living in Japan - no Japanese language necessary!

Take language and unique cultural courses in Tokyo, Kyoto or Fukuoka to learn more about Japanese culture. Make tons of new friends on planned social activities like festival outings, field trips, izakaya, karaoke, movie and game nights, weekly parties & more!

Before you depart, we walk you step-by-step through getting your working holiday visa and arrange your desired accommodation so you know where you will live before you arrive.

Upon arrival, you will attend an orientation and go on a city tour. Choose the number of weeks of language courses you would like to take and we'll take care of the rest! Once your course is over, if you want to work we'll help you search for jobs that fits your language abilities. Want to travel? We can help with that too!

• Assistance with applying for the working holiday visa, finding accommodation, setting up your phone, bank account & more!
  • In depth orientation prior to departure with everything you need to know for living, working and traveling in Japan
  • Welcome orientation upon arrival, attend free, fun weekly events to explore your city and meet other travellers!
  • Resume revisions and translations (if necessary), with guidance and support in your job search
  • Don't know any Japanese? That's okay, we have language courses for complete beginners too!

Hi Charlotte, you don't have to know any Japanese to apply! Sending in your application is free and only takes a few minutes. Head here to begin: www.stepabroad.com/apply-now It helps to know at least beginner Japanese to participate in our program in Fukuoka. If you need to brush up your skills you can start with Japanese language classes in Fukuoka before you start working. Our Ski Resort...
Hi Daisy, You do not need to know Japanese to apply, however it helps to know some Japanese when you are in Japan. We offer language courses you can take on arrival to bolster your skills. Knowing Japanese will make it easier to land a job when you can communicate with locals. We offer two other programs in Japan where you do not need to know any Japanese to participate. They are our Send Off...

Yvonne

The Amazing Race!

I am a seasoned traveller and generally don't use any visa service agencies to jumpstart my adventures. But as a resident of the Northwest Territories, I suddenly found myself unable to be physically present for the Japanese working holiday visa interview in time. I was in panic mode after the disaster, but found StepAbroad's website and had a glimmer of hope of making the flight I already had booked.

Tessa put a lot of work into fixing every little detail of my application and doing her best to get me approved the first time. They schedule a simple digital call to discuss the entire process and walk you through it step by step.

We won! I'll be heading to Japan in 6 days because of these beautiful people. Thank you so much for making the experience so personal, comforting and effective! I could not be happier with their services.

About Stepabroad

Stepabroad gives Canadians, typically between the ages of 18 and 35, the chance to experience work and travel in five destinations around the globe. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing travel agencies based in downtown Vancouver, Stepabroad...