Tokyo Internship Program | CRCC Asia

Interns Dressup in Tokyo CRCC Asia
Interns Dressup in Tokyo CRCC Asia
Interns at CRCC Asia Induction Day
Interns at CRCC Asia Induction Day

We offer award-winning internships (as featured on CNBC, Bloomberg, WSJ, BBC News) in the dynamic, innovative and culturally refined city, Tokyo. Yoking past and future, Tokyo dazzles with its traditional culture and passion for everything new and this is your opportunity of a life-time to intern there.

FACT: 89% of our participants obtain a graduate-level job within 3 months and 30% of interns are offered a full-time position at their host company.

Acquire essential skills sought after by employers, gain invaluable experience and grow exponentially as a person. Through this 1 or 2-month global internship program, you will also have the opportunity to immerse yourself in Japanese culture, cuisine, history, business and ultimately the thriving city itself! CRCC works with over 600 forward-thinking host companies and so we are confident we can find the perfect internship for you, irrelevant of sector. Simply let us know which sectors you wish to work in and we will get to work!

• Accommodation provided: Clean, accessible accommodations - our hotel-style apartments can be shared with one or two roommates (of the same gender). This is a great way to meet new people sharing the same experience!
  • Includes pre-departure services, social, business and networking events and Access to CareerBridge, our Professional Development Hub, which contains our 12 professional development courses
  • Includes visa-processing, Airport Pickup, Drop-off & Pre-paid Sim and Travel Cards
  • Social, business and networking events as well as a leaving ceremony
  • Over 9,000 alumni participated in our programs over the last 14 years

New programs, new cities!

Now announcing global internships in China!

Laura

Great Experience!!

I interned in Tokyo for three months and made sure to take advantage of every opportunity I could. I interned with a marketing company and we hosted fun events such as a relay race up the Tokyo Tower and a cruise party through Tokyo Bay. My company gave me a lot of flexibility and I was able to visit many places outside of Tokyo on weekend trips such as Kyoto, Kanazawa, and the Nagano Snow Monkey Park. While in Tokyo there was also so much to do and I was able to attend two fireworks festivals as well as a Pokemon festival! What was great about being there for three months was that I was able to visit areas untouched by foreigners such as hidden temples and bars. My accommodation was extremely clean and the staff were very friendly and spoke English. I found that getting by in Japan without speaking the language was surprisingly easy and when I did get lost, Japanese people made sure to jump in and help!

The program could have held more weekly events throughout my time there. They had monthly events such as a trip to Tokyo Disney Sea and the Tokyo Skytree, but between then I found that I did not really see the other interns that often.
Theoni

Amazing opportunity!

Interning in Tokyo has been an incredible experience. Spending my summer here, has definitely been a great decision. I have met some amazing like-minded people and made unforgettable friendships whilst on this adventure.
The CRCC staff were quite helpful and answered any questions or issues I had, which made settling in Tokyo much easier.
Experiencing and learning about a new culture, food and work environment has been valuable yet challenging but has provided me with knowledge and confidence for the next stepping stone of my career. I truly recommend and encourage anyone to take part in interning abroad and away from home if they are looking for an adventure, challenge and improve their career paths, it is definitely worth it for the long run.

Perhaps the pricing range of the program, as it is quite expensive!
Elisabeth

Great Times in Tokyo

I really enjoyed my summer interning in Tokyo thanks to CRCC Asia. I was very nervous going into the program as I wasn't too sure about the company that I was placed with originally but it ended up being the perfect place for me. The variety of projects that I did as well as the flexibility in the scheduling of my work day made it easier for me to handle as a person with disabilities so im definitely grateful for CRCC Asia's help with the placement as I would not have found the opportunity myself. In terms of the money I spent on the program I definitely think it was worth it in the long run as the accommodations were really nice (and new!), the activities were fun (especially DisneySea) and the bus to the housing from the airport was super helpful. I do wish there had been other trips offered with the program such as a planned visit to an area outside of Tokyo but i know with the number of interns that would have been hard. Overall great program, definitely recommend for those trying to work in Tokyo!

Take advantage of everything you can as the summer goes by fast!
Samantha

Great experience but really expensive

I had a great time with my host company doing branding. My boss was very personable and did the most he could to help me learn and grow. However, even with a scholarship to supplement a small portion of the program fee, I feel as if paying so much for the program on top of general living and travel expenses was not worth it. The internship was unpaid, and to claim course credit for UT Advertising, you would need to pay an additional 2K, which I felt was not worth it. If you have a ton of money to spare, I would say go for it though!

The program coordinators were very caring and always available in times of need, and the cultural events hosted by CRCC were fun. By staying for 2 months, I felt as if it was just enough time to travel around Japan, and not too long to where you want to go back home.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
I did not plan to hike Mount Fuji, but after making friends in the program, we decided to go together. I was an unforgettable experience, especially since I never hike.
Kaitlyn

Unforgettable but more expensive than I thought

It was a really fun and unforgettable experience to live and work in Tokyo and it also boosted my resume. It made me more confident about traveling and working internationally. However, there were some things I expected to get from the program for its expensive cost, that I did not get. You do not get to pick the location of your office or housing so most of us had to take transportation to work. CRCC did not tell me or prepare me for how much I would have to spend just to get to and from work, which was about $400. I expected them to cover the cost of commuting since the program is so expensive. The activities provided were also not that great quality, only the Disney trip was good. The networking events are at a super inconvenient time when everyone is tired and hungry after work.

The cost of commuting should be covered by the program cost, I wish I could be reimbursed for how much I spent just going to work. Make networking activities at a different time.
Ben

Tokyo Internship Program - Ben Williams

There is too much to put into words for my two months of Tokyo.
I went as someone who had no formal work experience and had never traveled completely alone before but it has been one of the greatest decisions of my life. Japan is always a country I had wanted to visit and when I applied I never expected to go. In short, meet new people, experience a different culture, work in a chosen industry, explore and most of all, gain new life experiences while meeting new friends.

I loved Tokyo because of its uniqueness unlike anywhere else on the planet. The lights, cars, robots, foods, and culture made it a must for me. It was never somewhere I would have been able to go if it was not for CRCC. Crucially, the work experience is going to help you excel and move forward, specifically in interviews where you can shine most. Not many people can say they have interned abroad in Asia successfully so I hope that I can move forward in my career always being thankful for this experience. Employers will be able to see what you've learned and how you can apply it visually better for them.

For me, CRCC Asia is a great way to gain experience. However, I feel you should be able to choose your chosen work location and sector easier than it was made out. Just like in real life, you choose to apply to a specific job so you should be able to do the same here as opposed to being placed without knowing. This isn't a bad thing but the flexibility to go somewhere you know you will like first is most important.
Danyal

Go Tokyo!

Tokyo is one of the most unique cities in the world and I'm still sad that my two-month internship had to end... I really wish it lasted! Japanese working culture alone, being immersed in it (as cliche as it may sound) has supported my personal development. I'm truly grateful to CRCC Asia since they matched me up with a company who provided me the best time of my life, literally. Whether it was experiencing long working hours or eating habitually in old local restaurants, I took a lot from it and I wish I could go back in time and repeat the internship, honestly.

Many people are afraid of travelling such distance and I was no different. I did my research, I felt brave and lo and behold, it worked in my favor. For anyone thinking about it, do it!

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
Touring around Fukushima Daiichi nuclear Disaster (yes, the same place that the Power Plant exploded in 2011!) My colleague set up his own tour called Fukushima Disasaster Area Zone tour. I know for a fact that many people, inclufing native Japanese, still have a misunderstanding about this place. To have the chance to visit this prefacture, speak to locals and understand the reality of how people are trying to continue and reshape their lives is truly humbling. That day is something I will always carry with me.
Ana

CRCCA internship

I was very happy overall with going to Japan and was happy with how I was treated however I think some points to improve on would be letting the student know they will be spending more than what the program is itself. And I suppose trying to get the students more involved with events happening through CRCCA.

In the Tokyo division, there weren’t many events that interested us. It would be nice to implement the events you hold in China to have some similarities in Tokyo. But aside from that, I enjoyed my experience and the staff was very helpful when I needed help. They always provided advice if we didn’t know what we were going to do that day. I would definitely recommend this program to anyone that wants to have experience abroad and who loves it.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
Probably having to stand and eat as well as no trash cans
Brad

Fun Day in Tokyo

You can't have a boring stay in Tokyo with the staff of CRCC ASIA at your side. The staff members are willing to help out and make your stay more enjoyable by creating a list of potential, exclusive activities. It has been a one-of-a-kind experience for me, and this has definitely honed my skills for when I start looking for a job. I have faced some difficulties at work and I may not have enjoyed every task they assigned me. However, it is definitely important to live up to your superiors' expectations and surpass your own limit. I found out 'persistence' is the key. Going out with a couple of my friends on the weekends was a fun adventure because we encounter things we usually don't back at home. These excursions I made with my fellow interns are the most fun I ever had during my stay in Tokyo. After the program, we still keep in touch with one another as if the program never ended.

Don't be too nervous about visiting a new country or meeting new people.
This experience is a lot more fun then you think.
It is definitely important to live up to your superiors' expectations and surpass your own limit. If they are being unclear or undecisive then it is vital to speak up.
Do things you normally wouldn't when you are traveling abroad and establish some connections that may last a lifetime.
Rani

Brilliant learning experience

I had the most fun I've ever had during my Tokyo internship. I learned so many valuable things from my internship but also from the interns around me. It was a good lesson in independence since I was so far away from my family. I got to explore so much of the city and try so many new foods. It was a wonderful experience and it really helped boost my confidence. I learned how to overcome my fear of traveling on my own. There was always help and support when I needed it.

My internship threw me in the deep end from the beginning, but I really enjoyed that. It gave me the opportunity to learn many new skills and refine many other skills. I learned how to network and how to work independently. I was in charge of coming up with a lot of my own projects and directing articles as I wanted. It was a lot of fun.

James

Fantastic Program

CRCC Asia helped provide me the necessary support and connections to work within Tokyo during my 2 month duration.

The housing was spectacular, clean, and the staff was happy to assist with questions or complaints.
There was more than enough information for someone to comfortably navigate the cultural differences. CRCC provides seminars and books on this topic.
24/7 help line as well as check in messages from CRCC. They would be around housing often to check in and meet with you in person as well. They always seemed to genuinely care about and act on any concerns and often went out of their way for us. I.E. bringing medicine to those who are sick, taking time out of their personal lives to meet with you, introducing you to contacts that may benefit your future.
From interview to post departure, the CRCC staff have been incredibly friendly, helpful, and honest. They really do love their jobs and this greatly benefits the program. The Tokyo Team is absolutely fantastic!

Overall my experience was fantastic and I made many long lasting friendships and gained a lot of new insight into myself and what I want from my career.

I was part of the first group to come to Tokyo; and at times it felt like it.

Some students had issues with companies. CRCC would make necessary changes; even moving students from companies to new ones. But the whole process could be stressful and frustrating for everyone involved.

The weekend events were very hit and miss. The cultural ones were a blast however those directed at improving career or providing service back to the community seemed less than stellar. I think this will be greatly improved after CRCC is more established in Tokyo. They have already mentioned hearing feedback about the events and will be discussing how to better improve them.

The program had way more students than I was expecting. This was both a good and a bad thing. Cultural differences and the large number of students resulted in an often dirty kitchen and drama that typically comes with having a large group of college students in a small area. Generally everyone seemed to get along really well and I think everyone had at least one group of friends they could connect with. I think the interview process given by CRCC resulted in a fantastic group of individuals and I would happily take a dirty kitchen in exchange for the fantastic friends I got out of the program.

Cost was high. Luckily there are many scholarships (at least in the US) that help balance this out, but a break down of where my money went might have been helpful. But anyone signing up should know the cost prior to even applying so it isn't that large of a concern. Look for discounts (talk to people who have previously gone abroad with CRCC as well) and apply for scholarships.

Location:
Narita International Airport
( NRT )
Haneda Airport
( HND )

Tokyo being one of the most densely populated urban areas in the world has created a metropolis focused on furthering technology. Even with the dense population, there are still many areas where you can see Japan's history and culture coming through.

Staff Interviews

About CRCC Asia

CRCC Asia’s award-winning Internship Program has provided over 9,000 students and graduates, like you, the opportunity to boost their employment prospects through work experience placements across 19 sectors. We are the leading provider of...