BUNAC: Work in New Zealand

Secure your internship in London this fall!

Are you ready to make tracks in your career overseas? Now is the time to sort out your internship placement in London, England this Fall 2018. BUNAC are the UK's only Tier 5 visa sponsor who have a great team of placement managers. Plus, if you refer a friend to our Intern in Britain program, you'll get $100 of STA Travel vouchers! London, we're ready for you.

Adventure-seekers unite. Remember the beautiful landscapes of The Lord of the Rings - all lush and green and inviting? Go live it! An adventure-junkie's dream, a working holiday in New Zealand will have you hiking glorious mountains by day and soaking up rich city life by night, from Auckland to Queenstown to all over the Southern Hemisphere. Leave the visas, accommodation and job-hunting to us and we'll leave the white water rafting, bungee jumping and snowboarding to you.

BUNAC will be there to help you score a job and settle in to epic life down under. With your Working Holiday in New Zealand you can work your way around the country earning a living and spending your time off hiking amazing mountain ranges, hanging out by the beach and experiencing true Kiwi culture.

Your one year Working Holiday visa not long enough? At BUNAC, our unique IEP visa allows participants to go back to New Zealand for a second year so ... get packing!

• Kickstart your life down under in style with our jam-packed 7 day fun week!
  • Comprehensive arrival orientation, including an extensive job hunting presentation
  • Support setting up your Tax file number and bank account

Hi there, thanks for your question! Unfortunately, the maximum age to apply to our programs is 35 years old. For our Internship programs you must also be a full time degree-level student or recent graduate within the last 12 months. Turkish applicants are welcome to apply as long as you fill these entry requirements. Find out more information here: https://www.bunac.org/usa
Hi there, thanks for your question! The BUNAC Intern in Britain program is open to Russian citizens and Russian passport holders. You need to be a full-time student or have graduated within 12 months from the start of the internship. You must apply for the program in the country that matches your passport. Find more visa information is here: https://www.bunac.org/usa/intern-abroad/professional...
I just checked the website. It looks like it's only for US citizens and citizens from Ireland and the UK.

Julie

Stunning scenery!

The entire country of New Zealand is absolutely stunning! I spent 10 days driving from Queenstown to Marlborough along the West Coast and saw some of the most beautiful landscape in the world. One area that was particularly breathtaking was at a small backpacker in a remote area of the Marlborough Sounds. It was not easy to get to (several hours driving from the closest town, plus a water taxi) but once there it was worth the trek and highly recommended! Kayaking across the Sound was a blast, and a definite challenge heading directly into the wind. I highly recommend taking the time to explore as much of the country as possible.

The ability to have up to date tracking once you submit the application, although the staff at the BUNAC USA office were very helpful whenever I called to find out the status of my application.
Beth

SO HELPFUL!

BUNAC makes the visa application process incredibly smooth and simple. I couldn't believe how easy it was because of the guidance they provide.

Then, once I got to NZ, I was impressed by the knowledge of the staff in the office in Auckland. I had a specific tax question, and they really went beyond to get me information and point me in the right direction.

If you're considering applying for a visa, I'd definitely recommend this as an easy way to do it!

Johanna

New Zealand was Amazing

I had an amazing experience working and traveling in New Zealand. I don't think it was truly necessary to use an outside provider such as BUNAC- anyone could just make these arrangements on their own. They do help guide you through the process and there was an orientation upon arrival, but after that the support was pretty non-existent. You end up just figuring out your own housing, jobs, etc.

But NZ is an amazing country with wonderful people. You need to be diligent to get work, but it is well worth it and the country is so easy to get around to see it all while you are there. Save up money before you go so you have a little flexibility in case you don't get work right away. And don't be afraid to try jobs that might be out of your comfort level- it's an adventure!

No, I don't recommend
Scott

My first overseas adventure

After finishing university and not knowing what I wanted out of life, I researched overseas programs that would help me gain experience while traveling abroad. I was terrified at the thought of going to another country all by myself, I had never been that far away from home before, but the Bunac and Work New Zealand program definitely helped me to soon get over that!

Once I arrived in NZ, the Work New Zealand office had already booked a night for me at the nearest backpackers and had an orientation meeting for a group of travelers the day I arrived. Sure, I was nervous, but that first day I met so many great people and I knew I had made the right choice. Through the orientation we learned about the NZ culture, the different kinds of jobs available to us, and the essentials like setting up a bank account (and figuring out the currency!).

I went without a plan, and that made for a grand adventure. I learned about WWOOFing (working in exchange for accommodation) and working at backpackers and knew that I wanted to check out the south island first, so I talked with the program office and they recommended that I take the train down south to begin the second part of my adventure.

I stopped in Wellington and applied to different WWOOFing positions and ended up working in a small household (living out of my own little caravan!) with a great family. My mornings started out cleaning up after the horse and donkey that they kept, and then I was assigned other various tasks throughout the day. It was hard work, but it was worthwhile and I got to live with a local family and hear their stories and gain an insight into the culture of the area.

While there I applied to two jobs: One working at a small backpackers in Nelson on the South Island, and the other was just a shot in the dark sending my resume to the observatory at Mt. Cook (because I always wanted to work at an observatory). I ended up getting a call back from the backpackers first and they offered me a position in the reception office and I was soon on the ferry heading there!

I ended up staying there for five months! I loved the family I was working for and it was in such a cool town and really my job was to meet people from all around the world. It doesn't get much better than that! I worked for accommodation, free wi-fi, and utilities AND got a small stipend each week. Talk about an adventure!

My last few months were spent traveling and exploring the South and North Islands, living entirely out of a car (minus the few nights at various backpackers; we had to shower somewhere). Along the way I found myself jumping off cliffs on a canyoning tour, sitting under the light from hundreds of glow worms in a cave in Waitamo, and beside three fierce mountain trolls from The Hobbit! (Seriously though, I had so many more adventures; I could write all day about them)

I ended up losing my passport early on, which was a bummer, but the Work New Zealand office guided me through the steps to get a replacement. It was a hassle, but the process itself wasn't as bad as I had feared thanks to the help I received. And really, the staff at the Work NZ office is always just a phone call or email away and very willing to help travelers in any way they can.

Do yourself a favor and book your year abroad with them. You'll be glad you did.

At the time I was there the only physical office they had was located in Auckland, so it'd be really nice to see them put more satellite offices up around the country!

About BUNAC

Since 1962, BUNAC have enabled hundreds of thousands of young people to go out and explore the world through global Work Abroad, Intern and Volunteering experiences.

All BUNAC programs include step-by-step support. Spend six months interning in...